Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co at Knox Central 9/27
^^
Hey, I feel your pain!!!

I think this will be the best game in the mountains, and home field will be the difference IMO.

Knox by 6!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The fact that Bell handled Knox pretty easily on the line surprises me.
Whitley IMO had the upper hand on Bell on the line and Whitley was definitely stronger in the backfield until the fullback went out, and even then, Whitleys backs looked to be doing better.

Whitleys biggest problem is defense. Its that simple. I said it all summer. There is just nobody ready to step up and take over that defense. Whitley has trouble lining up in there base defense sometimes, its almost embarrassing. It could be youth, it could be coaching, but i just think its flat out inexperience.

Gut, you must have played RB b/c you know very little about the line of scrimage. Whitley did not handle Bell upfront, although they did move the ball in the first half even without Hopper. Heck my fat but could have ran through those splits the OL was getting. The young players from Bell did not adjust to what Whitley was doing. Whitley came out in a formation they had not shown with huge splits. That was a good job by the WC coaches. It took until halftime for the coaches to get everyone on the same page on defense. 2nd half was a different story.

How much did Whitley move the ball after halftime?

As for Mills helping the Run defense how can he do that at Corner??? Unless he is going to play safety or LB he will not be a big factor against Knox at CB.

Knox 28
Whitley 14
TopCat Wrote:Gut, you must have played RB b/c you know very little about the line of scrimage. Whitley did not handle Bell upfront, although they did move the ball in the first half even without Hopper. Heck my fat but could have ran through those splits the OL was getting. The young players from Bell did not adjust to what Whitley was doing. Whitley came out in a formation they had not shown with huge splits. That was a good job by the WC coaches. It took until halftime for the coaches to get everyone on the same page on defense. 2nd half was a different story.

How much did Whitley move the ball after halftime?

As for Mills helping the Run defense how can he do that at Corner??? Unless he is going to play safety or LB he will not be a big factor against Knox at CB.

Knox 28
Whitley 14

When you got a playmaker on the field, it doesnt matter where hes playing. Carr from Clay ran all over us all night and when Black finally put Mills in on defense at the start of the 4th, Carr could no longer get to the edge because Mills kept containment.

And yes, lets be honest, Whitley beat Bell upfront. Pretty much everywhere except the scoreboard.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:When you got a playmaker on the field, it doesnt matter where hes playing. Carr from Clay ran all over us all night and when Black finally put Mills in on defense at the start of the 4th, Carr could no longer get to the edge because Mills kept containment.

And yes, lets be honest, Whitley beat Bell upfront. Pretty much everywhere except the scoreboard.

Actually GUT you are wrong again.

Bell had 317 total yards

WC had 173 most in 1st half.

Only thing Whitley did win was turnover battle. Bell had 2, 1 inside the 10 going to score.

Must remember Bell had the ball in scoring range agains but ran out the last 2.5 minutes of the game.

But anyway Good luck to Whitley. I hope they pull off the W. I was on the track for the Bell vs. Knox game and some of the players actions are terrible. 1 player in particular acts like a pure idiot. Not sure if Coach Russell see's it from his sideline but that kid is out of control. He is the type that pulls a team apart. I saw it in basketball but thought he would not act that way on the football field.
^
Whitley needs a win. I think this is a VERY even matchup
Knox may not be as good as people thought they were going to be. But one thing forsure they still have some fight in them. Hope coach Russell has got the panthers focused on the task at hand and ready to play.
Oh, he'll have them focused no doubt.

I still say this will be the most competitive game in the mountains tonight!!

Good luck to both teams, please have an injury free game!!

Panthers by 6!!!
I would like to see WC get it's first win, BUT i think Knox will prove too much in this one.
Panthers by 10..Although last time i picked Knox to win Bell county came out of their shell...
Whitley just needs some play makers on D. Nobody flying to the ball and making plays.
If Knox does not win tonight they do not win another game this year.
insideinfo Wrote:If Knox does not win tonight they do not win another game this year.

Ship is sinking :pondering:
64SUR Wrote:Ship is sinking :pondering:

Got the lifeboats out. This team has enough talent to play with most teams on there schedule but some how it never make it to the field.
The ship isnt sinking in KC. The loss to Bell(which was surprising to me) will opem up the eyes of the KC players. I think Whitley comes in and gives it a run in the first quarter but the Panthers settle down and get the W. Im gonna say KC by 2 scores, but just because we are a little banged up. PANTHERNATION will never give up on our team. WE ARE KC