Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S Pulaski 43 Meece 42 (8th grade championship)
Sounds like a dandy
Great game. Congrats to Southern Pulaski. Starters pretty much battled it out!
Congrats to the 3 year undefeated Southern Warriors! 116-0 Middle School record! They will have to go down as the best middle school team ever in Kentucky! Very happy and proud my son got to be apart of it.
It was a great tournament, other than the seeds being messed up because of all of the forfeits. It would have been interesting to see some of the games if the boys that played varsity from the other middle schools could have played in the tournament. I know they could have if they too had chosen to play out their middle school schedule. Not sure if the outcome would have been any different but considering the championship game was a one pointer, it might have been interesting. What teams were in the tournament that had to play without their varsity players? I know Corbin has a player but I am not sure if they played in the tournament.
Courtside Wrote:It was a great tournament, other than the seeds being messed up because of all of the forfeits. It would have been interesting to see some of the games if the boys that played varsity from the other middle schools could have played in the tournament. I know they could have if they too had chosen to play out their middle school schedule. Not sure if the outcome would have been any different but considering the championship game was a one pointer, it might have been interesting. What teams were in the tournament that had to play without their varsity players? I know Corbin has a player but I am not sure if they played in the tournament.

Speaking of the forfeits, I would like to see KBA issue a fine or a ban from future tournaments if a team enters and then forfeits. I don't care what the reason is. If you commit to play, you should play. It screws up the plans for other teams who are trying to accommodate the tournament.

On another note, congrats to Southern! Also, a shout-out to all 3 Pulaski teams making the elite 8.
24 Warrior4life Wrote:Congrats to the 3 year undefeated Southern Warriors! 116-0 Middle School record! They will have to go down as the best middle school team ever in Kentucky! Very happy and proud my son got to be apart of it.

In the late 90's Corbin had a MS team that didnt lose a game from 5-8th grade. SW has shown they were definitely the best in the last 3 years, but its impossible comparing teams from different years...
Dont think they are best team ever, they are good but that age group is weak. Congrats though!
Wildcat18 Wrote:Speaking of the forfeits, I would like to see KBA issue a fine or a ban from future tournaments if a team enters and then forfeits. I don't care what the reason is. If you commit to play, you should play. It screws up the plans for other teams who are trying to accommodate the tournament.

On another note, congrats to Southern! Also, a shout-out to all 3 Pulaski teams making the elite 8.

I agree. Weather I know affected things, but there were teams who didn't play game that grabbed high seeds.

KBA is a nice spectacle, but seeding in tourney is a mystery.
Cardfan1 Wrote:I agree. Weather I know affected things, but there were teams who didn't play game that grabbed high seeds.

KBA is a nice spectacle, but seeding in tourney is a mystery.

That's very true. I know the school administrations are mostly to blame for those who couldn't make it because of the weather. However, I know a lot of the mountain schools who would drive through weather conditions 10x worse than some of the city schools to get their shot at a title. If we sign up and commit, we're playing. Period. If our administration doesn't allow us to bus the kids, parents carpool. I've been a part of those KBA state tournaments where weather wasn't the issue for forfeits. Those were teams who had entered knowing they had conflicting conference tournaments the same weekend. I may come closer to understanding those absences/forfeits because of weather. I'm not buying the scheduling conflicts anymore. City schools like to throw that out a lot. You know when the STATE tournament is. Schedule around it.
Many schools actually forfeited their Friday and/or Saturday pool games and only played their tournament games. The point in the pool play is to help determine seeding. Seeding was totally irrelevant as pool play was a waste of time and energy for those who actually showed up to play the games.
i agree but some schools will not allow the parents to carpool. If they do they can not play as the school team and are considered an aau team. laurel co is this way. idk about the others but laurel co you have to ride the bus to the games but can sign out and ride back with a parent
if pool play is going to be part of the tournament, play or stay home. some teams forfeited only to save their legs for tournament play. 17 seeds beating 1 seeds......enough said.
ky playmaker Wrote:i agree but some schools will not allow the parents to carpool. If they do they can not play as the school team and are considered an aau team. laurel co is this way. idk about the others but laurel co you have to ride the bus to the games but can sign out and ride back with a parent

Most of the teams at KBA never bring buses. A school doesn't have a right to make a parenting decision. Carpooling is the main means of transportation to those tournaments because it's a weekend thing. That may be a Laurel County rule, but I don't think that's a rule determining AAU classifications. AAU is the merger of players from different schools. If all the players are enrolled at the same school, they're good to go for school tournaments.
not what I meant wildcat, laurel co says if you go play without riding a bus you can not go as south laurel or north laurel and cant wear the scholls uniform. You can go but have to play as an aau team
AAU is not always a merger of players from different schools . Some school teams play as AAU(aau cards ) so they can travel to tournements and don't have to pay transportation. Most schools require you to take a bus due to insurance concerns. if you go as a school team and the school doesnt provide transportation then school is liable
The 17 seed that beat a 1 seed played the pool play games we also played the 16 seed prior to playing the 1 seed we had a great game plan and executed it perfect.
Congrats to Southern Pulaski
Who was the final 4?
Wildcat18 Wrote:Speaking of the forfeits, I would like to see KBA issue a fine or a ban from future tournaments if a team enters and then forfeits. I don't care what the reason is. If you commit to play, you should play. It screws up the plans for other teams who are trying to accommodate the tournament.

The KBA is a business. I don't think their business model would be very successful if they banned or fined teams from coming in the future. If they did that, a school would choose not to come and they would miss out on 15 sets of parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. at the gate. I understand what you're saying, but it will never happen nor should it.