Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jctms
JCTMS had the most treacherous schedule of any school to play in the tournament. They had to forfeit Friday's game because of an unwarranted school closing. Had they made it, they would have faced a tough McCreary County team. After arriving early Saturday morning, they played an overtime thriller with Meece(runner-up), that they won. They had a 6 hour wait to face a strong Wayne County team, which they also beat in overtime. Then it got rough. JCTMS had to drive across town to face S. Pulaski, who hasn't lost a state tourney game in 3 years. They lost but played them close most of the game. Their big men Rasean McCauley and Alvin Thomas outplayed Butt and Dykes but Fitzgerald was amazing. Great job Centurions, good luck with the City Championship
seeding was thrown way out of whack and it was unfortunate. jctms has a nice team
ky playmaker Wrote:seeding was thrown way out of whack and it was unfortunate. jctms has a nice team

That's putting it nicely. May need to look at that.
Agree with you Johnson county had two play belfry our next door neighbor , which I thinks is crazy out of that many teams how do you draw a team that's right beside you , don't no how they pair teams
Ky should do basketball like football go by the size of school ,
Not to mention that Region 2 was loaded and no offense the 1 seed Todd Co. because they had to play two forfeit teams in pool play got beat by 16 seed Shelby west which is not a 15 seed. Scott Co. dropped to a 11 seed because they had to forfeit to Oldham because they were not allowed to play on Friday because of the weather that never came. That region alone had Shelby west, Wayne Co., Southern Pulaski, McCreary, Scott Co, Knox co. JCTMS. Region 3 was not very strong. Would love to see some changes in that format. I mean Southern Pulaski has not lost a game in 3 years and is a 5 seed, give me a break. Teams that play each other in the same conference playing each other in pool play. I would love to play someone from WKY or EKY since we don't get to play them in regular season. I think by making the deadline far in advance so you can look at the participants and do a better job scheduling.
I really enjoy going to the KBA tournament. We have played in it every year except the first year. However, we played 3 games this weekend, and 2 were against the same opponent. What are the odds of that happening with this many teams? We played Simons in our first pool game. We lost our 2nd game to East Bertstadt (giving us a 15 seed). When the brackets were released we were supposed to play Raceland, but as we were warming up I went back to the bracket and they had marked through their name and moved them to another bracket and we ended up with a forfeit. That made us play the 2 seed in Simons again. I know it's never an exact science, but I think they need to come up with a better way to seed teams. You had teams who went 2-0 (who blew out weaker opponents) and teams who went 0-2 (who barely lost to strong opponents) ending up in places in the bracket where they obviously didn't belong.
The seeding is a def problem but like southern being a 5 seed it was southerns own fault. They didnt win their pool play games by 15 or more and it messed up their seeding. I personally would like to see a different format but you could go play it again this weekend and seeding would be totally different. alot of things throw it off. Yu have to beat the best at some point to win it anyway
ky playmaker Wrote:The seeding is a def problem but like southern being a 5 seed it was southerns own fault. They didnt win their pool play games by 15 or more and it messed up their seeding. I personally would like to see a different format but you could go play it again this weekend and seeding would be totally different. alot of things throw it off. Yu have to beat the best at some point to win it anyway

I agree, but Southern played Pikeville in one game (who is a very good team), while much weaker teams had very easy games. We couldn't compete and knew that going into the tournament but for the teams that can you want to see the better teams play each other in the final rounds of the tournament. They do a great job at KBA hosting such a large tournament and I appreciate the efforts that Tom and the staff put forth in making it a great tournament. It is something the kids will always remember (win or lose).
Always hated the way they seeded! Someone always gets the bad end of the deal.