Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Undertaker and "The Streak"
The Most Impressive Accomplishment in Sports Entertainment History?

At 21-0, The Undertaker is undoubtedly the most successful performer in WrestleMania history. To even compete in 21 separate WrestleManias is an accomplishment itself, but to come out victorious on all occasions cements his status as one of the all-time greats.

Is the streak the most impressive accomplishment in sports entertainment history, however? In my opinion, only one accomplishment is more impressive, with that being Bruno Sammartino’s 2,803-day reign as champion.

With that said, it leads one to wonder if the streak should be preserved, and also how it will be possible to send The Undertaker off in a fitting manner if he does end his WrestleMania career undefeated.

Should the Streak Be Ended?

Many have suggested that it would be selfish for The Undertaker to end his career with an undefeated WrestleMania record. Instead, some feel he should put over a young star in his final match to pass the torch, so to speak, to the next generation.

While there is certainly some validity to the argument, I am not necessarily buying into it. The primary reason the streak should be maintained is that it has become synonymous with his character. As one of the most iconic superstars of his generation, the streak is an important part of his legacy.

http://www.sescoops.com/undertaker-streak/
Strikeout King Wrote:The Most Impressive Accomplishment in Sports Entertainment History?

At 21-0, The Undertaker is undoubtedly the most successful performer in WrestleMania history. To even compete in 21 separate WrestleManias is an accomplishment itself, but to come out victorious on all occasions cements his status as one of the all-time greats.

Is the streak the most impressive accomplishment in sports entertainment history, however? In my opinion, only one accomplishment is more impressive, with that being Bruno Sammartino’s 2,803-day reign as champion.

With that said, it leads one to wonder if the streak should be preserved, and also how it will be possible to send The Undertaker off in a fitting manner if he does end his WrestleMania career undefeated.

Should the Streak Be Ended?

Many have suggested that it would be selfish for The Undertaker to end his career with an undefeated WrestleMania record. Instead, some feel he should put over a young star in his final match to pass the torch, so to speak, to the next generation.

While there is certainly some validity to the argument, I am not necessarily buying into it. The primary reason the streak should be maintained is that it has become synonymous with his character. As one of the most iconic superstars of his generation, the streak is an important part of his legacy.

http://www.sescoops.com/undertaker-streak/

I remember WM 6.... Hogan "passed" the torch the Ultimate Warrior. And it was a big mistake. Once he looses... the "streak" is over.

Their is nobody... and The Rock means Nobody on the current roster that deserves to beat The Undertaker at WM.