Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jane Fonda Lifetime Achievement
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...p=features

Yes, I copied this from Fox News. It doesn't matter to me where I see her name, it still makes me want to puke.

It's been 42 years since this travesty happened, and the only thing mentioned in the article was that she called our soldiers who were currently serving in Viet Nam "war criminals". Well, it doesn't mention that she visited a prisoner of war camp. She went through an entire line of young soldiers shaking their hands. Each one slipped her a small piece of paper with their social security numbers written on them. It was their attempt and their hope that this American would let their families know that they were still alive.

When finished with the receiving line, she turned to the officer in charge of that POW camp, and handed him those pieces of paper. At least two of those prisoners were denied an opportunity to return home that day, as they were beaten to death for having promoted this idea.

I was a young bride of a newly discharged Viet Nam veteran when this happened and I clearly remember having to vomit. I get that feeling every time I see her name in print.

I will never forget this story, and hope that it remains in public knowledge until the day she meets her maker.
She is no better than a traitor that should have been hung.
I agree! Instead she is given a life time achievement award, and supported by many of the popular folks. I'm not surprised at anyone but Sandra Bullock. I'm so disappointed.
Never care much about Fonda. :popcorn:
Unfortunately, the most "popular folks" are often successful actors/actresses and people tend to readily forgive them. So they're good at acting...to me it doesn't give them a more important platform than an accomplished plumber. I have the upmost respect for Blue Collar men and women and am more interested in what they think than the Hollywood elite. I will NEVER understand the mesmeration people have toward these "celebrities". The majority of them (when not on the big screen) make me want to puke. Who do they think they are acting all high and mighty, members of congress? Ha!
64SUR Wrote:Never care much about Fonda. :popcorn:

At one time, she was hotter than a lit match...not much else.
You know, there are times when I forget what a minority I am on this forum. But then, magically, a man will post a comment like that SKINNYPIG and bring me back to reality!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:You know, there are times when I forget what a minority I am on this forum. But then, magically, a man will post a comment like that SKINNYPIG and bring me back to reality!!

Confusednicker:

Granny Bear you are falling into a Pig trap. I know SKINNYPIG. And a dang good freind i guess. :rockon:
Pig trap!!

:lmao:
Granny Bear Wrote:You know, there are times when I forget what a minority I am on this forum. But then, magically, a man will post a comment like that SKINNYPIG and bring me back to reality!!

Confusednicker:

You're welcome, I think?
64SUR Wrote:Granny Bear you are falling into a Pig trap. I know SKINNYPIG. And a dang good freind i guess. :rockon:

You guess??? Of course we're good friends. We differ on politics but we're both man enough to debate without anger...you silly democrat!

Confusednicker:

Did you see her in her late 70's movie "Coming Home?" Wow!
^^
Yes I did. What's your point??
Confusednicker:

SKINNYPIG Wrote:You guess??? Of course we're good friends. We differ on politics but we're both man enough to debate without anger...you silly democrat!

I thought all democrats were silly.

We need a new political party; one that combines the same people from both sides of the aisle. We could call them Republocrats!!
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Confusednicker:

We need a new political party; one that combines the same people from both sides of the aisle. We could call them Republocrats!!

Funny thing is, there actually used to be a party called the Democratic-Republican party that existed from about the time of George Washington until 1825.
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Confusednicker:

DemoReCratPublic I like this one better :popcorn:
SKINNYPIG Wrote:You guess??? Of course we're good friends. We differ on politics but we're both man enough to debate without anger...you silly democrat!

I play with politics like I do sports wins some lose some. Then join that team till the next elections......To be honesty i never get mad at a person over politics. Confusederiously: Ever need anything piggy call me. That what friends are about.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:She is no better than a traitor that should have been hung.

U are 100% right. I cant understand how people seem to have let what she did "slip their minds." Having an opinion on an issue is an American right but, turning over those notes made her a traitor just like any other. I have a hard time even looking at her!