Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falcons 29 - Bengals 27
Final
The Bengals are on a downward slide, they cant seem to pick up the W
No surprise here.
alfus21 Wrote:No surprise here.

You've pointed out that you only say those things and expect them to lose because of your dislike for the Bengals, so why keep saying it?? Especially since you only seem to notice when they lose, not when they win.

They got beat by a good team, but they did step-up against the run a lot better than most of you said they would. Vick played a good game, as did the rest of the team, and the Bengals got outplayed. Vick won the game today with his arm. It was a good game and could've gone either way.

Palmer impressed even me today against a very good defense. On one play, he was back in the pocket, and it started folding around him, a lane opened up, he took one step like he was going to run, then took his foot back, stood in the pocket, took a hit, and made a completion.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:You've pointed out that you only say those things and expect them to lose because of your dislike for the Bengals, so why keep saying it?? Especially since you only seem to notice when they lose, not when they win.

They got beat by a good team, but they did step-up against the run a lot better than most of you said they would. Vick played a good game, as did the rest of the team, and the Bengals got outplayed. Vick won the game today with his arm. It was a good game and could've gone either way.

Palmer impressed even me today against a very good defense. On one play, he was back in the pocket, and it started folding around him, a lane opened up, he took one step like he was going to run, then took his foot back, stood in the pocket, took a hit, and made a completion.

I just said "no surprise" because it wasn't. The Bengals aren't good, and the Falcons are. Simple as that. No need to get personal again Smile

Congrats to Palmer on that big completion you speak of. Looks like it did a lot of good in this one.
Congrats Falcons on a big win for there team. As for the Bengals hopefully they can regroup for next week.
Vick is looking more and more like a QB instead of an RB. The bengals had a defensive gameplan to just come in, stop the run, and they would win the game. That didnt happen . I just ocho cinco could of made Deangelo Fall look like a bigger idiot than he is. Good game by both teams, excellent game by Vick.
alfus21 Wrote:I just said "no surprise" because it wasn't. The Bengals aren't good, and the Falcons are. Simple as that. No need to get personal again Smile

Congrats to Palmer on that big completion you speak of. Looks like it did a lot of good in this one.

It doesn't matter if it did a lot of good, that wasn't the point, and, once again, you refuse to admit being wrong.

Falcons are good, and Bengals aren't? They won by two points, and it wasn't like they controlled the game. They played a better game, I admit, but winning by two points doesn't mean that one team is a lot better than the other. I'll admit, I was disappointed with some of Palmer's throws, and I think Bob Bratkowski might be the worst offensive coordinater in the league.

Meade Wrote:Vick is looking more and more like a QB instead of an RB. The bengals had a defensive gameplan to just come in, stop the run, and they would win the game. That didnt happen . I just ocho cinco could of made Deangelo Fall look like a bigger idiot than he is. Good game by both teams, excellent game by Vick.

I agree, Vick looked like a quarterback, but he still had the ability to run and the threat to won. If he can keep improving and becoming more of a passer like he was today, he'll be one of the best QBs ever.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I am a little suprised....I figured it would be a close game, but with most likely the score reversed. Oh well, I hope they're able to bounce back and string some wins together.
BFritz Wrote:It doesn't matter if it did a lot of good, that wasn't the point, and, once again, you refuse to admit being wrong. .

Smile Oh my gosh, are you serious? Admit to being wrong at what?
i only have one thing to say. If the Bengal's O-Line doesn't pick it up i don't think they will make the playoffs. Did anyone see how many times Palmer got knocked down? Every game i've been able to watch its been the same story Palmer is just getting hit to much this year
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Oh my gosh, are you serious? Admit to being wrong at what?
How many times did you say that Palmer would be afraidSmile How many times did you say that he'd be horrible because he wouldn't stand in the pocket Smile how many times did you say he'd be a mental caseSmile and you haven't commented on the second part, about how rediculous your comment was about how a good team beating a good team who didn't play well was "no surprise." Implying that it was a given and that the Bengals didn't have a chance.
BFritz Wrote:How many times did you say that Palmer would be afraidSmile How many times did you say that he'd be horrible because he wouldn't stand in the pocket Smile how many times did you say he'd be a mental caseSmile and you haven't commented on the second part, about how rediculous your comment was about how a good team beating a good team who didn't play well was "no surprise." Implying that it was a given and that the Bengals didn't have a chance.

Palmer isn't anywhere close to the player he was last season. He lost another fumble today by the way. He's already surpassed fumbles lost from last season.

I never said he'd be a mental case by the way, but he might be by the end of this season.

The record, and scoreboard shows all I need to say about how great Palmer is playing this season. He's not the Palmer of last year, and it's because of the injury no matter if you want to say it or not. He wouldn't be fumbling that many times if it wasn't.

As for the 2nd part of your sentence which took me a while to figure out due to the fact that you didn't make much sense in it:

I said "no surprise" because it wasn't a surprise to me. Simple as that. The Bungals arent a good team in my opinion by the way, and the Falcons are. The Bungals almost "upset" them, but the scoreboard once again tells the whole story. The better team won, as it should be.
The Bengals defense just flat out sucks. From O'neal to James, from Miller to Jeanty, they all suck. Slowest core of DB's and safety's I have ever seen. On one TD, O'neal stood on the goalline waiting for one of the Falcons RB's to catch the ball, then thought he could make it over to tackle him before he scored. They are scared to make a hit, and Tory James needs to be benched. I preached it about 3 weeks ago, and I still stand by it. Cincinnati will not win another game unless some changes are made on the defensive side of the ball.
BCF4L Wrote:The Bengals defense just flat out sucks. From O'neal to James, from Miller to Jeanty, they all suck. Slowest core of DB's and safety's I have ever seen. On one TD, O'neal stood on the goalline waiting for one of the Falcons RB's to catch the ball, then thought he could make it over to tackle him before he scored. They are scared to make a hit, and Tory James needs to be benched. I preached it about 3 weeks ago, and I still stand by it. Cincinnati will not win another game unless some changes are made on the defensive side of the ball.

Yet they are 10 times better than the 15 years prior to Lewis coming to town!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
alfus21 Wrote:Palmer isn't anywhere close to the player he was last season. He lost another fumble today by the way. He's already surpassed fumbles lost from last season.

I never said he'd be a mental case by the way, but he might be by the end of this season.

The record, and scoreboard shows all I need to say about how great Palmer is playing this season. He's not the Palmer of last year, and it's because of the injury no matter if you want to say it or not. He wouldn't be fumbling that many times if it wasn't.

As for the 2nd part of your sentence which took me a while to figure out due to the fact that you didn't make much sense in it:

I said "no surprise" because it wasn't a surprise to me. Simple as that. The Bungals arent a good team in my opinion by the way, and the Falcons are. The Bungals almost "upset" them, but the scoreboard once again tells the whole story. The better team won, as it should be.

More of an O line problem than a Palmer problem! That is the way I see it. I have said it most of the year and will say it again. This isn't the same line that he was behind last year. Many changes have taken place this year due to injury! This was a great game even if most of you haters don't want to admit it. Palmer has struggled with the deep ball down the field due to the lack of protection by the line! The Falcons were not much better in this game, and the Falcon's are one of the best rushing teams in the NFL.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
alfus21 Wrote:Palmer isn't anywhere close to the player he was last season. He lost another fumble today by the way. He's already surpassed fumbles lost from last season.

You said he'd be afraid to stand in the pocket and afraid to stand tall, that's not a mental case? What kind of case is that??

BelfryJustice Wrote:More of an O line problem than a Palmer problem! That is the way I see it. I have said it most of the year and will say it again. This isn't the same line that he was behind last year. Many changes have taken place this year due to injury! This was a great game even if most of you haters don't want to admit it. Palmer has struggled with the deep ball down the field due to the lack of protection by the line! The Falcons were not much better in this game, and the Falcon's are one of the best rushing teams in the NFL.

You made that sound a lot better than I've been trying to make it sound.
BelfryJustice Wrote:More of an O line problem than a Palmer problem! That is the way I see it. I have said it most of the year and will say it again. This isn't the same line that he was behind last year. Many changes have taken place this year due to injury! This was a great game even if most of you haters don't want to admit it. Palmer has struggled with the deep ball down the field due to the lack of protection by the line! The Falcons were not much better in this game, and the Falcon's are one of the best rushing teams in the NFL.

I agree and when one of the best rushing teams in the league can start throwing the ball like that falcons have started doing they will turn some heads
Falcons controlled the game they had way too many 3rd down conversions and that killed the Bengals. Carson had ocho cinco open a couple of times across the middle of the field and didnt throw it towards him. IMO Carson should have thrown the deep ball to Chad more. But on the up side Chris Henry had a really good game after missing the past few weeks.
blackcat_student Wrote:Falcons controlled the game they had way too many 3rd down conversions and that killed the Bengals. Carson had ocho cinco open a couple of times across the middle of the field and didnt throw it towards him. IMO Carson should have thrown the deep ball to Chad more. But on the up side Chris Henry had a really good game after missing the past few weeks.

That's what I didn't get: when they'd load up the line, have 9 in the box, and have single coverage on Chad and TJ (occasionally a safety over Chad, but not often), why wouldn't Bob Bratowski have Carson throw a jumpball and let Chad or TJ jump over the corners for it?
Yahh!! Way to go Falcons!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BFritz Wrote:That's what I didn't get: when they'd load up the line, have 9 in the box, and have single coverage on Chad and TJ (occasionally a safety over Chad, but not often), why wouldn't Bob Bratowski have Carson throw a jumpball and let Chad or TJ jump over the corners for it?

Exactley
blackcat_student Wrote:Exactley

My public relations teacher is good friends with the Browns, and I told her basically the same thing I said above, and she was like "Yeah, we didn't understand that either."