Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Grandpa, what's for dinner?
Westside Wrote:Pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, and rolls.

Nice meal...I'm a big fan of pork tenderloin!

Chef Boyardee is going to get pissed...:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
^
Confusednicker:

My husband LOVES pork tenderloin with fried apples and homemade buscuits!!
Home made Korean hot soup with noodles, pork, corn, and spices. It was spectacular. Wife brought it home from a friends house whose Mother is Korean. :rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Last night I had New York strip seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning, loaded fries topped with cheese and bacon bits (w/ a side cup of hidden valley ranch and macncheese.

Tonight's menu is seasoned pork chops, macncheese, and loaded baked potatoes.

My woman can cook up a storm.
Last night's dinner was Vietnamese spring rolls and lemongrass chicken.

Tonight it will be homemade spicy chicken/turkey larb. Larb (also called laab) is a spicy ground meat or poultry salad with fresh herbs like basil, mint, and cilantro. The ingredients vary but can include onions, shallots, chili peppers, lime juice, fish sauce, ground peanuts or cashews (or toasted rice powder). It is pretty easy to prepare and is becoming one of my favorite dishes.

Larb is common in northern Thailand and Laos. Larb can be served with rice but is often served with fresh mint leaves and lettuce leaves (think lettuce wraps from P.F. Chang's).
Mexican Ckicken Enchilada Soup with Colby Jack Grilled Cheese Sandwiches on white bread.

Quick and easy! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
beef pot roast with carrots, green beans, idaho taters, garlic powder, salt, pepper, can of lite beer in the crock pot. Slow cooked for 6 hours and turned out great!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Crab and corn soup, Chicken Panang Curry, and sticky rice with a mango.
You love the Asian influenced cuisine, don't you!!
Granny Bear Wrote:You love the Asian influenced cuisine, don't you!!
I probably eat more Thai food than anything else, Granny. I loved rice before I ever took my first bite of Asian food and I have always liked hot, spicy foods. Most of my favorite American foods are either sweet or greasy, but it is pretty easy for me to eat healthy Thai food that I like.

I picked up a bamboo basket and kettle last night so that I could stream my own sticky rice. Lucky for me that my wife also likes Thai food and has learned to fix it at home. We could not afford to eat so much Thai food in restaurants.

I can live on Thai food and pulled pork and never get tired of it.
A ribeye Philly Cheesesteak sandwich with fries and coleslaw for dinner and a Nutella and banana milkshake for dessert from the local Silver Diner.
Chicken breast with garlic, onion, cumin, and curry powders with asparagus!

Cooked in skillets with olive oil, salt n pepp...less than 25 mins from fridge to plate!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Chicken with cashews, Jasmine rice, spring rolls, chicken learn, and sticky rice with custard.