•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2015
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They traded for me... it was the residual from Jordan Scott coming back last year. Pikeville got me... Belfry got Scott and a waterboy to be named later (jetpilot) Big Grin

Both teams got screwed...:biggrin:
Cardinals ride Wrote:I'm hearing the Jarrel kid from P'burg has not gotten eligible to play at Pikeville.

Paintsville gets a D-1 kid out of Huntington in the middle of the season, Belfry gets anyone they want eligible...Pikeville staff needs go to the same getting kids eligible seminars these other staffs are going to.....:why:
Saw Pikeville/SV 7-on-7 pictures in the local paper today. Anyone hear how the teams looked?
jetpilot Wrote:Paintsville gets a D-1 kid out of Huntington in the middle of the season, Belfry gets anyone they want eligible...Pikeville staff needs go to the same getting kids eligible seminars these other staffs are going to.....:why:

If anyone doesnt have room to complain it is Pikeville.

Last season alone they got the Charles kid and the Patton kid.

Considering you can look back at literally decades of substantial transfers... Pikeville is the last school to be shouting "WOE IS ME!!!!!" in this instance.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If anyone doesnt have room to complain it is Pikeville.

Last season alone they got the Charles kid and the Patton kid.

Considering you can look back at literally decades of substantial transfers... Pikeville is the last school to be shouting "WOE IS ME!!!!!" in this instance.

Charles came back to Pikeville as you know. Also I'm in the camp that a kid's family should be able to send him/her to any school they want. Short of having half the cars in the parking lot at PHS with WV tags of course.
jetpilot Wrote:Charles came back to Pikeville as you know. Also I'm in the camp that a kid's family should be able to send him/her to any school they want. Short of having half the cars in the parking lot at PHS with WV tags of course.

I agree with this part.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I agree with this part.

That all?:biggrin: Just kidding and bored and anxious for football to start. Way too early to start trolling, I will cease.
jetpilot Wrote:That all?:biggrin: Just kidding and bored and anxious for football to start. Way too early to start trolling, I will cease.

Seriously though... most people in Kentucky have no clue what the HS Football world is like in other parts of the country.

They get up in arms when and claim recruiting when a kid, like Charles, even moves back home or moves because of a divorce. In Georgia alone there are 6 figure salaried potions and houses that are exchanged.
Shelby Valley beat Pikeville in the finals of the UPike 7 on 7 by a score of 37-7
7 on 7's are overrated. That said, Valley did beat Pikeville but I thought it was 4 tds to 1. I could be wrong. Valley has some nice skill guys. Congrats.
jetpilot Wrote:Both teams got screwed...:biggrin:

:truestory:
I agree with 7 on 7 being overrated. Pikeville has some good athletes but I think they will run more this season due to the lack of experience at QB. I am new at the rules of 7 on 7 but from what I understand you get points for INT's, 3 and outs..... I can see Pikeville being a power team but I Mac knows a heck of a lot more than me
new o Wrote:I agree with 7 on 7 being overrated. Pikeville has some good athletes but I think they will run more this season due to the lack of experience at QB. I am new at the rules of 7 on 7 but from what I understand you get points for INT's, 3 and outs..... I can see Pikeville being a power team but I Mac knows a heck of a lot more than me
It's no secret, Pikeville has always been run based, with the exception of a few years here and there. I don't think anyone has said they will all of a sudden be a spread pass happy team. Will they be able to take a few more deeper shots downfield to make teams respect the pass a little more and not load the box? Absolutely. But don't forget, Squeak Charles was fairly potent on occasion with deep passes to Cody Estep too. They will definitely lean on the run as they always have, but you can't totally load the box either. There may have been points for the INTs and 3 and outs, I'm not sure. The scoreboard on the field was turned towards the teams. And I wasn't really concerned with the score so much as I was seeing some consistency and rapport between the WR's and QB. That's still a work in progress, like any other team at this stage of the season.

Linemen, running backs, pads, officials, conditioning will all play a crucial part in how the season plays out. Pikeville will be fine.
A little scary that Shelby Valley put that kind of points up on Pikeville. Valley's passing attack isn't what I would call facemelting.
Real Badman Wrote:A little scary that Shelby Valley put that kind of points up on Pikeville. Valley's passing attack isn't what I would call facemelting.

Well lets see if SV can keep a good passing through the season. But Pikeville will be a running team. So don't hold too much on 7 on 7s. But they are good to get your new QB some reps in and get connection to the wideouts.
Real Badman Wrote:A little scary that Shelby Valley put that kind of points up on Pikeville. Valley's passing attack isn't what I would call facemelting.
They have some good elusiveness at WR this year, but as I said, I don't put a ton of stock in 7-7's. Pikeville hurt themselves a little too with some coverage breakdowns.

The thing people need to remember about 7-7's is that there is no pressure on a QB beyond a clock in which to get a pass off, so D's often have to cover much longer than they would in a real game situation. I'm confident in Pikevilles ability to cover in real situations, and also with some changes in the defensive backfield (loss of Estep at safety primarily), there is a need for people to pick up on their roles, he did so much as a "QB" in the defensive backfield the past few years. They will be fine.
Shelby Valley will also be a power running team. This may translate into being able to take advantage of the one on one WR on the edge and other teams
Not being able to stack the box.
Cardinals ride Wrote:I'm hearing the Jarrel kid from P'burg has not gotten eligible to play at Pikeville.
He is officially eligible.
Pikeville will be tough. especially with the new addition.
Jarrell played in the passing league. He will help them.
Who will Pikeville be scrimmaging?
bac2369 Wrote:Who will Pikeville be scrimmaging?

Scrimmaged Breathitt County last night. I don't know any details.
Beat Breathitt 32 - 8, but it was worse than that.
Much worse. That was just the "down and distance" portion (basically live game situation for anyone wondering). The first part (10 plays situations) was even worse, and I don't think they scored on our JV either until the down and distance part? I could be wrong on that part, someone let me know if I am. Breathitt has some nice athletes, they just have to get it together, and keep some emotions in check. Good luck to them the rest of the way, fans were classy that I interacted with were classy.
Breathitt didn't score till almost the end.
Pikeville's going to be stout again.

How did everything looked outside of Pugh? We know Pugh is a beast.. but how did the passing game look and how did the Charles kid play?

As for Breathitt... I can only hope they return to form soon. Mad respect to Coach Moore as he is trying to in a Poker Round with a really tough hand.
The scrimmage with Breathitt County went well for the Panthers. Not so good for the Bobcats. #12 on the Bobcats stands out to me in the game with a couple good runs.
As for the Panthers there was so much that stood out. Pugh was super impressive as expected. front lines looked terrific! Dials made some great throws. The Charles brother are big hitters! Chatlin Jarrell had a big td reception, 2 picks, and some killer blocks! The Vanderbeck kid impressed me even before the game at a practice earlier this week, when team practice was over he stayed back and was running sprints. Every one played well! Gonna be fun season!
looks like the addition of Jarrell is going to pay huge dividends.
Sophomore Evan Rhodes had some nice runs, too. Gonna be special before he's through.
Live Maroon Wrote:Sophomore Evan Rhodes had some nice runs, too. Gonna be special before he's through.

I've got a feeling this kid, along with Pugh are going to be fun to watch this season. Not to mention the strong running of Blake Charles at fb.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)