Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ All State 2014
http://usatodayhss.com/2014/2014-all-sta...ads-voting

I have no comment. Simply awful
What is so bad?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:What is so bad?

The biggest thing I see is there is probably not a single D-Linemen better than Ray Horton... Let alone 6
Wow, this is absolutely terrible. I'm really lost for words on the matter
It's a coaches voting..
Hard not to see Horton on the list.
Dakota Stanley deserved to be named at least honorable mention at LB.

Kid was a man this past season.
Must have been a lot of stiff competition this year. Congrats to all
Dakota Stanley got screwed. Honestly if anyone was to make this list from Belfry it should've been him
I love Austin Hatfield and think he was a great LB. (And Belfry's best FB all-time)

Stanley was the best LB on the field every game he played in this past year. Most improved player I ever saw from Jr to Sr year.
I don't care for when a kid makes the All State Team for offense and they choose to write about the kids defensive stats as well. If the kid makes it for Defense keep his write up to Defense. As in Hatfields case I believe he made it for defense and deservingly so. But I believe they added his offensive stats because they bypassed him on offense and we're trying to make up for it. Lol
Do coaches have to nominate their players to be considered in the voting process?
No, coaches get a blank form to fill out and can not vote for your own. There was only 112 coaches voting and many from the mountains did not turn in their ballots.
Paul Crewe Wrote:No, coaches get a blank form to fill out and can not vote for your own. There was only 112 coaches voting and many from the mountains did not turn in their ballots.

How convenient lol
So is this really the CJ All State Team? I know this was the USA Today. Does the CJ use the USA Today? I know they always had their own and it was usually really respected.
From what I understood in the past, coaches from every team in the state were sent ballots. The coaches had to return those ballots with two choices for their own team, one defensive ballot and one offensive ballot. They are then allowed to vote for those kids that were turned in by all teams. The winners are the kids that get the most votes and they have to get five votes from all the coaches statewide to make honorable mention. That is the way it was explained to me several years ago and my explanation could be wrong, but, that is how it was explained to me. For a kid to get on a ballot, they must have their home team coach to at least get them on there and then they must get votes from other coaches than their own. Most of the time the letdown occurs when a head coach doesn't get a ballot in for the vote. This is what was told to me several years ago.