Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Following in the Footsteps of Dan Rather
Brian Williams, anchorman for NBC News recants his story of being in a helicopter in 2003 that sustained enemy fire.

He is being slammed by many veterans.

How does one "forget" which helicopter they are flying?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/05/living/fea...index.html

Talk about credibility issues!!!
EXCERPT---
"NBC Nightly News" anchor Brian Williams is recanting his astonishing claim of being aboard a helicopter forced down by a rocket-propelled grenade during the invasion of Iraq in 2003, Stars and Stripes reports.

Television's leading anchor told the newspaper he'd 'incorrectly remembered' the events and was sorry."
END---
Read http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/Brian-W...z3Qsug6Bvw

I'm touched Brian. Isn't it interesting to note that despite his oft stated disgust for America's military involvement in the region, he is none the less inspired and somewhat proud of his own wartime experience? So much so, that in adding a little 'color' to the chopper shoot down story, the details seem to have evolved a bit over time. It is hard to stay true to an abstraction in life, and the demands of liberalism are certainly no exception. Therefore, what seems so profound in the classroom, finds tenuous footing out in the real world.

When desperate to see the advancement of any imposed ideology, it becomes easy to rationalize away the guilt which might reasonably be associated with creating news, or slanting said news to make some ideological hay. Dan Rather found out the hard way, when he slammed George W's military career making false accusations with regard to his service record. Now we see that Dan's colleague and kindred spirit, Brian Williams, may likewise be no stranger to truth stretching.

IMO, these guys have to be willing to behave in such manner if they want to 'help' the cause. And, the fact that they are often willing to take the point to do so, shows the level of motivation they feel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My apologies to you TRT. I attempted to merge my thread into yours' and completely screwed it up. I've tried for some time to correct it, but I cannot. So, I just edited the title.

Still learnin'!!

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:My apologies to you TRT. I attempted to merge my thread into yours' and completely screwed it up. I've tried for some time to correct it, but I cannot. So, I just edited the title.

Still learnin'!!

Wink

Don't worry about it at all. :Thumbs:

With regard to which helicopter he was in, the article says his was at least one hour BEHIND the one that was hit by RPG's and small arms fire. That really stretches credibility. I actually assumed the two were flying in formation when the other got hit. So initially, it was the sand storm coming in that caused any imminent threat of danger. It was like coming up on the scene of an accident an hour after it happened, and saying you were just in a wreck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wellll, I can relate to a hazy memory!!

Smile

You can see the rationale behind some of the media stretching the facts, or slanting their reports. THIS; however, is beyond me!! What could you gain by fabricating the story??

Geez.
What a clown. He's already been fired, hasn't he?
I don't think so.
Granny Bear Wrote:Wellll, I can relate to a hazy memory!!

Smile

You can see the rationale behind some of the media stretching the facts, or slanting their reports. THIS; however, is beyond me!! What could you gain by fabricating the story??

Geez.

Well, it's like I said, these guys are all supposedly above that kind of cowboy stuff. But as in Williams case, to make his life and himself seem bigger, he none the less decided to falsely interject himself as being an active participant of the war on which he was reporting.

I really think they report the news, slanted accordingly with the preconceived reality existing within their heads. That's why these guys feel so close to their counterparts in Hollywood. Watch any news personalities when they have an actor come on the show. Their faces always glow. Both make portrayals of character and situations all done to exacting production standards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.salon.com/2015/02/06/brian_wi...na_claims/

More lies and embellishments of the truth??
Granny Bear Wrote:http://www.salon.com/2015/02/06/brian_wi...na_claims/

More lies and embellishments of the truth??

The rehash of Katrina news stories brings back bad memories. For example, according to the New Orleans Advocate, Brian Williams as your linked article points out, reported seeing dead bodies floating outside his hotel room in the French Quarter, a section of New Orleans that is known not to have flooded.

I have tried to stay on the media's case since the days of Ronald Reagan for what I considered to be reporting distortions. I have heard many BTW, and find them nauseating at best. My point is this. Beginning with Reagan, there have been more and more occasions when innuendo passed for news reporting. Media types never fail to give cover for or inflate the effectiveness of Democrats in government, while seizing upon the most unlikely charges of mismanagement or the thinnest shred of evidence for perceived ineptitudes of Republicans. They did it to Reagan often enough to thoroughly disgust me, hitting overdrive by the time of George W..

In my mind, the media have prosecuted a propaganda campaign pure and simple. One I believe that had an unforeseen and dear price tag attached. Over the last 3 and a half decades, while we've been listening to the nightly news deride and distort the actions of Republicans, guess who else has overheard? The entire rest of the world. There's a reason ISIS and anybody else with a crate full of AK47's are brave enough to tell the US what to go do with herself in this day. We've aired so much laundry and pettiness that we've totally erased the 'shinning alabaster city on a hill' image we enjoyed until recently.

That's the significance of the US congress having had it's image reduced in a federal rendition of an "Animal House" food fight. We look like simps and frankly, given the last six years, who could argue? At least while W was still President, the federal government could sort of disclaim New York and California liberals during deliberations with foreign leaders. But now with the stated all-in liberal platform, that possibility is no longer viable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:“Service they did not perform” and “tales of military derring-do that exist only in their minds” are certainly terms that apply to Bill O’Reilly, who was just busted by Mother Jones for lying about being in the Falkland War in 1982 as a journalist and allegedly saving the life of his photographer while being chased by Argentinian soldiers. The only problem with O’Reilly’s war story is that no American journalists were allowed into the war zone by the British military. In short, O’Reilly wasn’t in the Falklands and has bragged about his false war zone experience ever since at the expense of the true heroic journalists who actually risked and lost their lives reporting on the conflict.

That’s why military veterans are now accusing the Fox host of stealing valor.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/02/20/...zone-lies/
TheRealVille Wrote:http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/02/20/...zone-lies/
That everybody does it defense never gets old, does it? How else can one justify being a two-time Obama voter and future Hillary voter? :biglmao:
^^ LOL, obviously neither does surfing Mother Jones. O'Reilly will fess up if this is solid. But, hanging one's hat on sites like Mother Jones and Addictinginfo.org? I believe I will reserve calling for O'Reilly's head or whatever until somebody other than slobbering zealot libs are among those on the point.

ARTICLE---
[SIZE="2"]
"AN ETHICAL CRISIS IN LIBERAL MEDIA?"[/SIZE]

"Matthew Desmond" and his liberal "news" site AddictingInfo.Org blatantly violated journalistic ethics by running a story they knew wasn't accurate. Does the left really need our own Andrew Breitbart? JH doesn't think so, and he's going to tell you why in this video...and why it's vital to call people like this out and put a stop to them before they can do real damage.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/07/01...ral-Media#

If one lives by the sword, he dies by the sword according to going wisdom. If O'Reilly is guilty, he's no better than the next guy. Just more informed and not all aslosh on the kool aid. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That everybody does it defense never gets old, does it? How else can one justify being a two-time Obama voter and future Hillary voter? :biglmao:
You better believe I will be voting for the next President of the US,......twice,............... again.
TheRealThing Wrote:^^ LOL, obviously neither does surfing Mother Jones. O'Reilly will fess up if this is solid. But, hanging one's hat on sites like Mother Jones and Addictinginfo.org? I believe I will reserve calling for O'Reilly's head or whatever until somebody other than slobbering zealot libs are among those on the point.

ARTICLE---
[SIZE="2"]
"AN ETHICAL CRISIS IN LIBERAL MEDIA?"[/SIZE]

"Matthew Desmond" and his liberal "news" site AddictingInfo.Org blatantly violated journalistic ethics by running a story they knew wasn't accurate. Does the left really need our own Andrew Breitbart? JH doesn't think so, and he's going to tell you why in this video...and why it's vital to call people like this out and put a stop to them before they can do real damage.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/07/01...ral-Media#

If one lives by the sword, he dies by the sword according to going wisdom. If O'Reilly is guilty, he's no better than the next guy. Just more informed and not all aslosh on the kool aid. :biggrin:
I just thought it funny that you guys were quick to jump onto an NBC Brian, and conveniently left out slamming a reporter's lies, from your mothership. A network that has been proven that lies 59% of the time, BTW. At least they tell the truth 22% of the time, and tell half truths 18% of the time.
TheRealVille Wrote:I just thought it funny that you guys were quick to jump onto an NBC Brian, and conveniently left out slamming a reporter's lies, from your mothership. A network that has been proven that lies 59% of the time, BTW. At least they tell the truth 22% of the time, and tell half truths 18% of the time.

I've been posting about media falsehoods for how long now? What's funny is your interpretation of truth and the places you stoop to get validation. Do you even realize how patently absurd it is to make a charge which states that 6 out of 10 stories on Fox are lies? But, according to you that is a proven fact. Dan Rather got exactly what he deserved and that was disgrace. Brian Williams is getting the same deal and for the same reason. If O'Reilly lied about the Falklands he deserves the same.

I'm not a big O'Reilly fan, frankly I'm not a big FOX fan either. I hear the liberal view being aired on FOX every day but, I also hear things told straight up too. And you're certainly not going to get the news straight up on any of the network mainstays. But when FOX ultimately morphs into just another NBC, I won't be tuning them in either. As a matter of fact, I am down on the media in general because of the activist way they present the news. Take Sheppard Smith for example, whose liberal ideology is obvious every time he opens his mouth. If I'm out working in the garage or elsewhere, and his show comes on I automatically change the channel. Can't stand the guy. I hate being lied to and that includes sources such as FOX or the GOP.

But back to your predilection for errant conclusion based on liberal bias. I didn't leave out anything about O'Reilly. I had not heard it. My opinion has not changed, when it comes to the point when the people cannot believe their federal government or the media, we won't have much time left.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm sure David Corn and Brian Stelter know much better than O'Reilly, none the less, I was interested to hear what O'Reilly and as it turns out, CBS News had to say about the situation. What I thought was hilarious, was the fact that Mother Jones actually corroborated O'Reilly's statements in print.
EXCERPT---
(O'Reilly) "survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands War." I mean, the guy actually said he was in Argentina and Mother Jones validated that assertion.

Here is the link for O'Reilly's general response. It won't deliver quite the entertainment value of the Mother Jones expose, but then when one is not encumbered with the constraints of honor or honesty, spicing it up a bit becomes an easier task. In a somewhat novel approach to the situation, it is none the less reasonable to hear O'Reilly's side with regard to MJ's charges.
http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/02/20/bil...ght-8pm-et
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]