Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan to buy out contracts of Belfry and Johnson Central???
If HCC is happy with the hire and the decisions he is making, hats off to those that will support him. Good Luck !!! and there will always be those that don't like a Coaching hire or just has sour grapes in the basket.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Running from competition?? You actually gonna say those games were competitive? Bahahahaha..clueless..

:biglmao:
Its real simple. If you don't want a team to buyout a contract, then don't put it in the contract. This is very simple. Either make them play or forfeit if that's the case.
I hope HC continues to play JC. I even would love to see JC continue to play Highlands every year even though we've never beat them yet. I feel it makes us a better program. HC are good people hate to loose that game
HC is not cancelling JC or Belfry. Story I have is getting rid of greenville and Bryan station in favor of Pulaski SW and N Laurel. Don't seem like running from competition go me. From what I'm told, Eddie is wanting to challenge the boys and you can't do that without lining up against great competitors. I think he sees the talent coming up and is truly trying to bring out the best in them.
I'm a Belfry fan and I have no hard feelings over HC dropping the game. I enjoyed the games as much as anyone and enjoyed HC's fanbase. But, I absolutely understand the dropping of the two games for lighter competition. They have takin quite a beating from them the last couple of years and need to regroup and schedule a winning schedule to put heart back into the program and the kids IMO. It might not look like a great resume but the kids get a confidence booster and that look and feels better in the long run than taking a beating every year. Let them get their feet under them again, then go for the big boys. A new coach also needs that confidence as much as the kids. I realize that dropping the teams puts the teams in a difficult position to try and fill the void, but the coach is doing IMO what he feels is best for his team and that is all that really matters.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its real simple. If you don't want a team to buyout a contract, then don't put it in the contract. This is very simple. Either make them play or forfeit if that's the case.

But then people wouldn't have anything to complain about!
Did Belfry find a replacement?
I just talked to coach Creech and he said the schedule was not changing. I guess I should have asked him first.
^
:biglmao:

Way to go slugger.
Who posted it first. Who is the one in the know?
I didn't post it or report it, just defended his right to make the schedule the way he wanted.
If I recall, Belfry was looking for a week 3 game not too long ago.
Originally Posted by EKUAlum05
Looks like the first order of business after hiring Creech was buying out the Johnson Central and Belfry games.

Pretty poor form on someone's account at Harlan County. Now those two schools who have desperately tried to build a competitive schedule are left high and dry. Wouldn't think you would want to burn bridges with arguably the two best programs in EKY.

It was on the other thread. Just a question, where did you get it?
My source is telling me that Belfry High is indeed looking for a week 3 varsity football game. Now I don't know if that is to replace Harlan County, but the fact is they are looking for a new game.
Real Badman Wrote:My source is telling me that Belfry High is indeed looking for a week 3 varsity football game. Now I don't know if that is to replace Harlan County, but the fact is they are looking for a new game.

RB, I thought Belfry was playing NCC during week 3? In the past I thought the HC game was week 2.
DALE Wrote:RB, I thought Belfry was playing NCC during week 3? In the past I thought the HC game was week 2.

That is probably what it was. This was last week. Good catch.
This has been confirmed as false. Time to move on.