Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercer County 43 Owensboro Catholic 0
You know I saw them really wrapping thier tackles,...hardly any arm tackles....Have you seen where Seth grabbed the runner so hard that he pulled off his helment?
Squirted it off like the head of a zit,, That was May 220 pound fullback....The pic was in the paper,, very nice.....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
jgrubby Wrote:You know I saw them really wrapping thier tackles,...hardly any arm tackles....Have you seen where Seth grabbed the runner so hard that he pulled off his helment?
Whats a helment?
Ok, what offensive set does "Merger" use???
jgrubby Wrote:Ok, what offensive set does "Merger" use???

Wishbone just like Belfry.
Sorry didn't wear my HELMET enough!
Wishbone... are you sure.. I bet Wills and Beek are loving that set up...Morris will have the boys ready and I am sure that they will be prepared for it.
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
This thread isn't about Russell but I'll give you a prediction anyway. Mercer destroys Russell like they have destroyed everyone else. Mercer wins in a no contest. They are too good for AA this year.
TRAIN85 Wrote:This thread isn't about Russell but I'll give you a prediction anyway. Mercer destroys Russell like they have destroyed everyone else. Mercer wins in a no contest. They are too good for AA this year.

As they should being that they were allowed to combine the talent from 2 decent teams and play in a class below where they should be based on enrollment. I seriously doubt that Russell will be destroyed though.
Consolidation happens all the time so I'm not going for that excuse.
The KHSAA put them where they thought Mercer should go, so I'm not going against the KHSAA either.
Any other excuses? lol
TRAIN85 Wrote:Consolidation happens all the time so I'm not going for that excuse.
The KHSAA put them where they thought Mercer should go, so I'm not going against the KHSAA either.
Any other excuses? lol

:thatsfunn
Funny, but I have to agree with that, schools that usually combine are terrible their first year.... But, Mercer just so happens to be pretty damn good, so instead of their district/region getting a easy to team beat, they get a state contender.... Talk about your luck huh?
TRAIN85 Wrote:Consolidation happens all the time so I'm not going for that excuse.
Any other excuses? lol

No excuses here. Just my opinion. Sure mergers and consolidations happen all the time. Just not the way the KHSAA chose to do it this time. Why would you consolidate 2 school that will not even be in the new school till 2008. Don't get me wrong the players Had nothing to do with this. But they better take advantage of the situation this year and win the championship. They will be reduced to an average to above average team when they move to 5A next year.

That being said I still don't think Mercer will destroy Russell. Beat them possibly but destroy them NO!
I am sure that the high school is built somewhere around that new training facility... You know the big one in the pictures...
http://www.mercertitans.com
Youe see nice big practice facility but a new school.. HHHMMM if you were consolidating,, which do think you would have first???? A school or a training center???? Is there some kind of rule on this....
I agree with Midee1,,, not crying over anything..... just dont think that Mercer will run over Russell........
Mercer Co. just continues to amaze me this year
Somerset_Football Wrote:Mercer Co. just continues to amaze me this year
AMazes me they let them play in AA.....
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:AMazes me they let them play in AA.....
Yeah I guess they just have 683 students.:thatsfunn
2 year average for Mercer= 704
Russell =666 ( nice number for the Devils)

BUT you have to look at the bottom of the list too and you will find
Harrodsburg= 233

Thats a combined total of 937 to 666.. which is NOT equal...
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:2 year average for Mercer= 704
Russell =666 ( nice number for the Devils)

BUT you have to look at the bottom of the list too and you will find
Harrodsburg= 233

Thats a combined total of 937 to 666.. which is NOT equal...
Yea I was going by what they had on the state finals roster for Mercer for this year. Why post 683 when its really over 900 with burgs kids I don't get it.

:lmao: your not the only one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS

:lmao: I heard that the KHSAA figured that they would let them stay because of the new alignment taken effect next season.
I heard something different but I will not air it on a public forum.....Lets just say that their is a show on TV called FRIENDS,, and this show has been on forever,,,, now it is merged into the biggest DVD sales,,,
So next year they will have to play re-runs of this year??? Because thier will be a new show taking thier place in 5a......I get it
Ok, then lets just say it has a double meaning.
Congrats...Ready For Russell???