Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama Legacy Survey
"According to a Brookings Institution survey of American Political Science Association scholars, they put Obama on the worst, not best, list by a margin of nearly three-to-one. Here's how Brookings wrote it: “Those who view Obama as one of the worst American presidents outnumber those who view him as one of the best by nearly a 3-1 margin.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/presid...le/2560276

-------------------------

I view this presidency in much the same light as I would a tsunami event. Initially, the uniformed are amazed to see all the water gone from the beach. Maybe a few fish flopping around and what was ocean bottom just moments before is suddenly exposed, mesmerizing beach goers. The US is likely in this early faze at present. I mean wow! The beach (and the US) have been truly transformed.

It's what follows that has me worried. During Mr Obama's transition out of office and the years immediately after, is when America will actually 'feel' the impact of the tsunami. Up to now, even though ample evidence exists for what is to come liberals doggedly argue on that the coming wave will be no big deal, offset by what they claim to be undeniable benefits. That will be the true measure of his legacy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well said - now that the teeth of Obamacare are starting to sink in, more people will become aware of their massive mistake at the polls when they see the impact on their tax return. The sad part of this scenario is that an enormous amount of the people that turn on Obama will be the same ones that vote Hillary in 2016.
The fact that 25 percent of people considered to be "scholars" think that Obama is among the best ever American presidents is cause for alarm. What is wrong with those people and why are so many of them drawing government checks?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The fact that 25 percent of people considered to be "scholars" think that Obama is among the best ever American presidents is cause for alarm. What is wrong with those people and why are so many of them drawing government checks?

They're all secular humanists dodging reality. The only reason these La-La's have been afforded the opportunity to flourish, is due to the umbrella of safety and normalcy that traditional US sovereignty has provided them. A benefacting force for which, in a twist of poetic irony, liberals have mounted their most zealous attacks. For the present, all their ridiculous spew is protected speech courtesy of, you guessed it, US sovereignty.

Not so in the rest of the world however. What with Putin and ISIS running rampant, glassy eyed liberalists across the pond are having a bit more trouble selling their ideology. And that has always been the way of human nature. There will always be bad guys out there looking to slaughter and control the sheep. A hadable posture from which liberals just cannot break free. I can't help but wonder what might be the last words of profs who have so dutifully spread the liberal ideology, if it were they or a family member on their knees in the sand? Behind them a radicalized monster with a knife, getting ready to sever their head. This is where reality is meeting classroom fantasy and I can't help but think of Kayla Mueller. How thoroughly was she indoctrinated by her profs there at Northern Arizona U?

At any rate, if liberals continue to gain power through elected office, it is likely that American's passive slide toward servitude in some form is inevitable. The irony I spoke of would be the fact that liberals would lose the right of protected speech under the system of control they crave. Consider what the AG had to say about media who dare to report the realities and nature of the threat radical Islam poses to our freedoms---- "We spend more time, more time talking about what you call it, as opposed to what do you do about it, you know? I mean really," Holder said at a National Press Club luncheon in Washington. [SIZE="2"]"If Fox didn’t talk about this, they would have nothing else to talk about, it seems to me."

"Radical Islam, Islamic extremism — I’m not sure an awful lot is gained by saying that," Holder said. "It doesn’t have any impact on our military posture. It doesn’t have any impact on what we call it, on the policies that we put in place."[/SIZE]

Read http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/Eric-Ho...z3S72szlxe

One thing's for sure. If we were not even allowed to talk about the fact that Islamic extremism threatens our way of life, we're certainly not going to be allowed to try to control it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It is easy to imagine Obama, in FDR's shoes calling the atrocities committed in German concentration camps random acts of violence. On second thought, it is even easier to imagine Obama blaming German Christians for the Holocaust.

With Obama as president, it is hard to imagine the U.S. winning any war. It is as if God made SGT Shultz President as a lesson in humility.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It is easy to imagine Obama, in FDR's shoes calling the atrocities committed in German concentration camps random acts of violence. On second thought, it is even easier to imagine Obama blaming German Christians for the Holocaust.

With Obama as president, it is hard to imagine the U.S. winning any war. It is as if God made SGT Shultz President as a lesson in humility.

LOL, agreed. I suppose being 'careful what you wish for' has taken on a whole new meaning in the case if this administration. I've never been on board with this President because his incoming promise was to change everything America was, in favor of everything he wanted it to be. Now, how that didn't scare off the voter is a simple matter of gifts. It went from FDR's New Deal promise of a 'Chicken in every pot', to the grandiose overreach of Obama's "transformation." The all-in liberal media wanted either a woman or black president so badly, they were willing to over look and even give cover to, anything that may have sounded questionable during his campaign.

Hence, "who we are" is virtually being redefined via the teleprompter. Excuse me Mr President, but who we are is a matter of record.

I'm not on board with a lot of the rationale which supports the President but, I am further not on board with a lot of the criticisms either, and both for the same reason. See, I think he and others knew full well that the fundamental transformation he had in mind would create social as well as political upheaval. Therefore, what appears on it's face to be the bumbling and inept policy making as perceived by the pundits, seems far more shrewd in light of the end result. Unfortunately in the end, all will prove to have been an exercise in futility. Had Rome capitulated to Hannibal, he'd have burned Rome to the ground in fulfillment of the promise he made to his father. And, regardless of modern day thinking which supposes man has a newly evolved set of sensibilities to direct his path. Nothing has changed in the human nature.

Take the US foreign policy (built around capitulation) as example. Though we may see every dime leave the US Treasury, America is floundering in her attempts to pull every other culture up by their bootstraps. In a bout of unparalleled self delusion and denial, we look to be incapable of recognizing that chaos has replaced the relative stability that characterized the Middle East at the beginning of this administration. In fact, we could never under anybody's leadership change the attitudes and motivations of the peoples of this earth. Just as lottery winners find their sudden windfall of money and friends evaporate once that money is gone. America is borrowing money to give away in order to buy the influence we once commanded through integrity and strength. So other than a depleted treasury, the ultimate irony in all of this is the fact that tax dollars are being used to effect this ill-advised charge into oblivion. Even America with all her power, cannot expect to terraform the planet according to the unnatural and unattainable liberal vision.

More and bigger government keeps pushing forward, are we nearing the end? I've heard Pastors, Evangelists and scholars speculate about how prophecy might flesh out in current events for years. Recent events suggest the truth may far less complex than some have imagined and may boil down to a simple matter of control. We see in the historical record that entire civilizations have fallen under the control of government or even one man in times past. Unlike the great civilizations of the past, we live in the information age. And since communication with anybody and everybody is now possible on an instantaneous level, said control would be a far more manageable proposition than ever before. From Nebuchadnezzar, to the Caesars of Rome, to Stalin and Hitler, all are examples of one man effectively controlling millions of subjects without the wonders of electronic surveillance and supercomputer technology of today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Obama's administration has been great for homosexuals, illegal aliens, food stamp recipients, those on extended unemployment, welfare recipients in general, non taxpayers, abortion advocates, criminals, Muslims, and non Christians just to name a few. Now, that is truly a "legacy" although one would be hard pressed to find anything positive about it.
Truth Wrote:Obama's administration has been great for homosexuals, illegal aliens, food stamp recipients, those on extended unemployment, welfare recipients in general, non taxpayers, abortion advocates, criminals, Muslims, and non Christians just to name a few. Now, that is truly a "legacy" although one would be hard pressed to find anything positive about it.

Good list and sentiment for sure! Though you may have meant to include the following under the Muslim heading above, one thing that could probably be added to your list are terrorists and possibly terrorist organizations.

If you've been listening to the news of late you've no doubt noticed that administration talking heads have been trotted out on every conceivable medium to put forth the latest liberal spew, and it was always only a matter of time until the rationale was unveiled. For the last hundred years or so, liberals have maintained that people who gun down innocent bystanders, rob banks, mug folks in the shadows, tear up personal property ala Ferguson, Missouri, act up in school, you name it, are acting out because they've been denied the finer things in life. Therefore, it is certainly not much of a stretch to include terrorists among the deprived and depraved. I know, they don't live in America and therefore should not be extended the same privilege but, as you know, in the liberal mind borders are more of a nuisance than a protection.

So you see, we who have worked to become self sufficient, owe it those who have not, to give them 'free stuff,' and then they will all start to behave, LOL. When you think about it, giving free stuff is, like water is the universal solvent, the universal elixir to cure all social ills.

So what if only yesterday or the day before corps of ISIS monsters were out chopping off the heads of their fellow human beings? I mean, did we send them their check? If not then obviously it's all our fault, right? According to liberals, nobody is really responsible for acts of savagery or the butchery of his fellow man. No, they are innocent. In fact, the responsibility for their acts of atrocity and all socially unacceptable behavior for that matter, may be laid at the feet of rich Republicans and Jews. They've got all the money! :igiveup:

According to the only plausible motivation behind Obama's apology tour, and considering his speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, one could reasonably assume America's past actions caused her problems with terrorism in the first place. That gleaming nugget of anti logic doesn't answer why the other nation victims of terror have their own problems though, does it? Australia, France, Germany, England, Canada, Spain, nearly every country on earth. You can be sure of one thing. If this administration holds true to course, it won't be long until Democrats are demanding a major funding allocation to be divvied out among terrorists. Maybe said legislation will be attached to a response to the latest UN absurdity.

EXCERPT---
“Each Party to the Convention whose per capita greenhouse gas emissions exceed the global average per capita greenhouse gas emissions” shall be listed as an “Annex I” nation, which means its citizens will be assigned a 300-year “carbon debt” for the period 1750-2050. And called on to pay it. We’re not talking mere hundreds of billions of dollars here. As we have reported previously, various UN proposals have demanded tens of trillions of dollars as “climate reparations.”
END---

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/envir...-289784321
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Isn't it tiring yet? You know, we have ZERO right to blame Obama! Yes, you heard me right, we have absolutely NO RIGHT to blame Obama for anything that he has done! We knew who Obama was! He told us long before he was elected in 2008! Everything he said he would do, he has done! For every lie and mistruth, his campaign told us he was going to do that! To take issue with Obama is absolutely misguided and honestly, makes all of us Conservative's look like fools for posting our rantings about him! It is Not OBAMA'S FAULT. It's not guys, it truly is not his fault. Because he did what he said he was going to do! He told us he was going to wreck this great nation! He told us he was going to destroy the Armed Forces! He told us he was going to obliterate our foreign affairs policies and standing with other nations! He told us! So, for God's sake, STOP BLAMING OBAMA!

Your spewing of Hate-Obama is un-warranted! If you want to cast blame, spew visceral, then do it to those who caused this! It's your neighbor! It's your brother! It's your boss or your employee! It's your In-Laws and your best friend! They did this, Not Obama! They are they one's that did their job, and they smoked our asses in the election! They did, no ifs, ands, or buts about it! They won! Call out the IDIOTS that caused this, not the idiot who said he would do this!
Stardust Wrote:Isn't it tiring yet? You know, we have ZERO right to blame Obama! Yes, you heard me right, we have absolutely NO RIGHT to blame Obama for anything that he has done! We knew who Obama was! He told us long before he was elected in 2008! Everything he said he would do, he has done! For every lie and mistruth, his campaign told us he was going to do that! To take issue with Obama is absolutely misguided and honestly, makes all of us Conservative's look like fools for posting our rantings about him! It is Not OBAMA'S FAULT. It's not guys, it truly is not his fault. Because he did what he said he was going to do! He told us he was going to wreck this great nation! He told us he was going to destroy the Armed Forces! He told us he was going to obliterate our foreign affairs policies and standing with other nations! He told us! So, for God's sake, STOP BLAMING OBAMA!

Your spewing of Hate-Obama is un-warranted! If you want to cast blame, spew visceral, then do it to those who caused this! It's your neighbor! It's your brother! It's your boss or your employee! It's your In-Laws and your best friend! They did this, Not Obama! They are they one's that did their job, and they smoked our asses in the election! They did, no ifs, ands, or buts about it! They won! Call out the IDIOTS that caused this, not the idiot who said he would do this!

Well, you're exactly right on all you have said except for one thing. Obama said he loved the constitution and the country. He talked of patriotism and vowed to faithfully execute his oath of office, which was to enforce the laws of the land. Not thumb his nose at the laws he didn't agree with. I was sort of comfortable with the congress he has turned his back on, and thought they had performed admirably for the most part.

Not wanting to pay a big whopper of a health insurance premium, or not wanting to pay tens of trillions of dollars to third world countries for our carbon footprint doesn't mean I hate the man. I really do hate his policies though. And, if I understand US history, debate is a pretty important part of self governance. Is it tiring, maybe to some degree. But, any historian will tell you that a national identity is central to longevity. I too have said we are getting exactly what we deserve, but thanks for the tongue lashing anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wasn't a tongue lashing. It was meant for everyone of us Conservatives! We have easily called out the man that we KNEW was going to do this long before he took office. Thus, there are no surprises, meaning you as well as I knew these are the results! But it's not him, he did not get this power to do what he said he would do! Thus, why don't we so freely call out our friends, neighbors, and loved one's who put him in position to do what he said he would do? All I see is Obama did this and Obama didn't do that! Well, it's not Obama's fault! It just seems that the only thing that we Conservatives can do is to call out everything the President does wrong as our justification for getting our asses handed to us in the last two Presidential elections! We now have a Republican congress, let them neutralize him for the last tow years. If we are smart, we better stop worrying about Obama and start worrying about how in the hell we get a Conservative that Liberals will believe in! Not the previous man that they voted into office!
Stardust Wrote:Wasn't a tongue lashing. It was meant for everyone of us Conservatives! We have easily called out the man that we KNEW was going to do this long before he took office. Thus, there are no surprises, meaning you as well as I knew these are the results! But it's not him, he did not get this power to do what he said he would do! Thus, why don't we so freely call out our friends, neighbors, and loved one's who put him in position to do what he said he would do? All I see is Obama did this and Obama didn't do that! Well, it's not Obama's fault! It just seems that the only thing that we Conservatives can do is to call out everything the President does wrong as our justification for getting our asses handed to us in the last two Presidential elections! We now have a Republican congress, let them neutralize him for the last tow years. If we are smart, we better stop worrying about Obama and start worrying about how in the hell we get a Conservative that Liberals will believe in! Not the previous man that they voted into office!

That was said tongue in cheek, LOL. But then, in 2008 when I heard him say America's energy programs were irresponsible and had to be toned down, I knew he was a problem.

In my lifetime I've known for sure hundreds, maybe even thousands of people who say they can't get enough God, country and apple pie who seemingly, would vote for Satan himself if he was on the Democratic ticket. Believe me when I tell you I have made some sincere enemies at Church and at work in trying to point out the inconsistencies of conservatives who, unswervingly vote for candidates who faithfully promise to push the abortion agenda as well as all the rest of it. I mean, under no circumstance would they even consider a Republican. If I didn't know better I might think the Lord was a Democrat!

Frankly, your frustration is exactly what fuels my concerns for America's immediate future. What does one do when those who say they're conservative have morphed into RINO's? Hence my discussion posts on here are just one more outlet to keep the conversation going. Ultimately, it is the voter who has the power in his hands no matter what somebody like Obama does. But, short of slapping them back into reality, what else can one do?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:Wasn't a tongue lashing. It was meant for everyone of us Conservatives! We have easily called out the man that we KNEW was going to do this long before he took office. Thus, there are no surprises, meaning you as well as I knew these are the results! But it's not him, he did not get this power to do what he said he would do! Thus, why don't we so freely call out our friends, neighbors, and loved one's who put him in position to do what he said he would do? All I see is Obama did this and Obama didn't do that! Well, it's not Obama's fault! It just seems that the only thing that we Conservatives can do is to call out everything the President does wrong as our justification for getting our asses handed to us in the last two Presidential elections! We now have a Republican congress, let them neutralize him for the last tow years. If we are smart, we better stop worrying about Obama and start worrying about how in the hell we get a Conservative that Liberals will believe in! Not the previous man that they voted into office!
It's not that easy, Dusty. In a democracy, when 50 percent (Obama's current approval rating) of citizens are obviously unbothered by a blatantly dishonest and unpatriotic president and when an amazingly large percentage of those citizens believe that their president should disregard rulings by federal judges, fooling fools such as these into voting for a patriotic conservative candidate is simply not possible. Democrats will always be willing to out-promise freebies that conservative candidates will, and Democrats have a record of looting the treasury and borrowing money to make good on those promises.

Conservatives have more reason to be angry at the Republican Congress than we do at Obama. As you said, we knew what kind of man Obama was when he was elected and I would argue that those who voted for him also knew what kind of president Obama would be - if not in 2008, then certainly in 2012.

Take Hillary, for example. She has told far more whoppers during her lifetime than Brian Williams' career could have possibly endured, yet there are tens of millions of absolute idiots who cannot wait to cast a vote for her as president. The fact that blatant lies disqualify a person from being a news anchor but not president just illustrates how hopeless of a situation this country is facing.

I hope that I am wrong, but I do not think that this country will make a real turn to the right until liberals and their RINO partners bankrupt this country and our politicians can no longer borrow money to hand out to liberal voters.

When people get cold and truly hungry, then they will start looking for real solutions. For some, that will mean doing their own looting instead of relying on crooked politicians to do it for them. Hopefully, there will still be people who understand what once made America great and they will be ready to rebuild.

I am not going to actively participate in the further decline of this country. No more Clintons. No more Bushes. No more RINOs. The GOP and the Democrats are tag-teaming us. Democrats offer policies that result in a fast decline of our economy and Republicans offer us a slower ride to the same destination. It's not good enough.
^^I wanted to see what the Republicans would do if the people returned them to the majority. Unfortunately it looks like they seem prone to turn their backs on the people's mandate. Ironically, it seems too, that Boehner has more fire in his belly than do the Republicans of the Senate. Evidently, they've all subscribed to an interpretation of Congressional power under which said congress has no power to defund the immigration EO because they don't appropriate the necessary funds in the first place.
EXCERPT---
“This agency is entirely self-funded through the fees it collects on various immigration applications,” the committee said in a statement. “Congress does not appropriate funds for any of its operations, including the issuance of immigration status or work permits, with the exception of the ‘E-Verify’ program. Therefore, the appropriations process cannot be used to ‘defund’ the agency.”
END---
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/11/20/r...rders.html

Every time the loons claim victory for Obama, the middle class takes it on the chin. However, I'm going to reserve the wrist slashing until we get much father into this Congress's tenure. It's not like throwing a switch, heck, even under the direction of Reid and Pelosi it took a couple of years for the rabid chipmunks to get ObamaCare done and DADT repealed.

My fear is that the bankruptcy you mention is already a done deal. Further, I'm afraid the drive, willingness to sacrifice and integrity of character from which this nation was born is long gone. Like Greece, we've trained a generation of people to expect to be taken care of by the state and, as long as they have anything to say about the destiny of this nation, they will go on expecting that to be the case for as long as they live. Therefore, I believe America is facing some hard days ahead. The people, as Dusty points out, are seeing the reflection of our own faces in the workings of Government. I have likely oversimplified that in the past in characterizing the power that voters hold in their hands. How to wake people up, that is our dilemma. And such is the plight of a once just and honorable people who have by all sources, totally rolled over on their own moral standards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]