Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region 3 Dist 6 All Area Teams Small School
Who should make the all Area team in Region 3 Dist 6 Small schools? That's single A and AA?
Russell: Kasey Clark, Tyler Jones, Jacob Sizemore, and Marcus Frazier
Raceland: Scott Grizzle, Benji Mullins, Derrick Beach, Shawn Deskins, Caleb Caldwell, and Clinton Thompson
West Carter: James Frint
Paintsville: Daniel Pugh, and Kyle Sublett

I don't know about lineman or any of the other teams.
Russell-Josh Wills
Don't forget about district 8 player of the year Daniel Harmon.
This is a Dist 6 Thread.
Defensively I will have to go with Jacob Sizemore, Josh Wills, TJ Redden, Seth Harvey, Tyler Jones and Ethan Gullet. Those guys put on a clinic in Louisville on how to stop the run.

Sizemore-Safety(very smart play and his safety blitz was like a hellfire missle)
Wills-Linebacker(best defensive mind on the field)
Redden- Nose/Defensive Guard(no-one played this position better in the 17 High School games I saw this year)
Harvey- Defensive Line (what a frame, and the speed to boot)
Jone-Defensive End (Owned his side of the field)
DevilsWin Wrote:This is a Dist 6 Thread.

Although I see what you're saying, most of the time the Ashland Daily includes teams as far south as Paintsville. Paintsville and Johnson Central as well as Sheldon Clark have been involved in their all-area teams as far back as I can remember. Which is what I thought you were relating this thread to, but maybe I thought wrong that's the only reason I threw the Paintsville players out there.
Russell-Josh Willis, Tyler Jones, Seth Harvey, Kasey Clark, Marcus Frazier, T.J. Redden
Raceland- Scott Grizzle, Benji Mullins, Derrick Beach
Grizzle and Clark both received player of the year honors in their respective districts and were noticed at half time of the state championship games.
This will come out in the ADI on Saturday and Sunday before Christmas.
Congratulations to Josh Wills, Ethan Gullet and Kasey Clark for making All-State team!
DevilsWin Wrote:Congratulations to Josh Wills, Ethan Gullet and Kasey Clark for making All-State team!

Are you talking about the AP all state team? If so Wills only got an honorable mention which is a shame in my opinion.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/spo...206284.htm
Midee1 Wrote:Are you talking about the AP all state team? If so Wills only got an honorable mention which is a shame in my opinion.

Its a shame in mine as well.

I don't beilieve there are 11 better linbackers in the state. But thats OK. I would take Josh Wills on my team any day.
FBALL Wrote:Its a shame in mine as well.

I don't beilieve there are 11 better linbackers in the state. But thats OK. I would take Josh Wills on my team any day.

Many feel the same at the LB position in Ashland and Johnson Central. Fields Davis was 2nd team all state last year and didn't even make honorable mention, while I believe Blake Johnson was 3rd team and dropped to honorable mention.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Midee1 Wrote:Are you talking about the AP all state team? If so Wills only got an honorable mention which is a shame in my opinion.

Yes that is the reference. I also agree, a shame. Northeastern Kentucky always gets the shaft in any poll or selection process that is administered by the Assosiated Press. The sportswriters in Nothern Ky, Western Ky, Louisville and Central Ky never get to this part of the state. Our only chance is forcing their teams to have to come and play at our facilities before they take note. Even still we get no respect unless we beat one of their teams. They don't know or care who we are.
Case in point.
Ivan McGlone 265 career wins at Russell over 32 seasons, 2 coach of the year awards and last year they introduced him as the head Coach of "Russell County". During this years KHSAA radio broadcast the color commentator refered to us as Russell County. In last weeks Herald Leader Mike Fields(yeah I'm calling him out by name) Continued his pattern of pretending to know about Russell football and getting it wrong again! He said Ivan Won his 255th game at Belfry. Thats about the 4th mistake his department has made this season when reporting on Russell football.
This all just makes me sick to my stomach.
Wills got selected as All-State Honorable Mention when he should have been 1st team linebacker. Heck I'd say he may be the best in the state when it comes to coordinating a defense from the field.
The ADI doesn't vote in AP Poll but I don't know if they report on the All-State selections.
I don't much of anything about the history of Russell football but I hate that Russell's name has been degraded as such. As long as I can remember, even when I was a tiny boy my father would tell me of the tradition and tough teams from Russell. McGlone is a heck of a coach, no doubt about it. He is definitely legendary, not only in this area but in the state even if they don't know how many wins he has or what school he really coach. That is seriously ashame though. As far as the All-Area team, I don't know who all made it but I do know that Paintsville got confirmation for two of their players making it this season. I'm sure the rest of the team is swamped with Russell and Raceland players. I guess we'll see this weekend. Congrats to all of the players that made it and those who were named honorable mention.
Selections came out yesterday and I hear Russell dominates the squad again this year! Congrats to the Red Devils of 2006 on a great season! Does anyone know for sure who made what?
Josh Wills, Kasey Clark, Jacob Sizemore, TJ Redden, Marcus Frazier, Tyler Jones, Aaron Beekman, Nick Lewis and Ethan Gullett... Some people from Raceland I knew were Brad Rogers, JT Forrest, Benji Mullins, Scott grizzle and Derrick Beach. I knew Nathan Carroll and that's about it... Russell-9, Raceland-7?, West Carter-4, East Carter-3, Lewis Co.-2 or 3 and a couple from Fairview.
I'm pretty sure that your numbers are correct on Russell and Raceland, that's definitely rightfully so. I'm not sure about the Carters, I was told Fairview had three, and Lewis had 1. I know for a fact that Paintsville had 2 players on the team.
When is this suppose to be in the Daily Independent?? I've heard the weekend before Christmas. I checked last weekend and this weekend, but still nothing.
The Blue Blur Wrote:When is this suppose to be in the Daily Independent?? I've heard the weekend before Christmas. I checked last weekend and this weekend, but still nothing.
Tomorrow
Both teams or just small school. What's the deal?? Most of the time they weren't published this late nor on the same day.
RivalsMan08 Wrote:Tomorrow

Large School was in there but not small school.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Large School was in there but not small school.
I aslo seen that. not sure when small school would be printed out? Guess you will be buyin a paper til you find out lol.