Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should people be offended by "Shark Week"
TV Land will pulls "The Dukes of Hazzard" because of the 'confederate flag' on the General Lee....

So why is the Discovery Channel still airing "Shark Week" only a few days/weeks removed from the worst stretch of actual shark attacks in recent history?

I'm pretty sure some of the people who were bitten and their families oppose Sharks.

The simple answer would be to say if Sharks offend/bother you.... "Then don't watch it" .... "Don't turn to our channel"

But why wasn't that the answer that TV Land gave when they pulled TDOH?

Why are there no riots or demonstrations on every inch of sand across the U.S.A. demanding that all sharks be charged with murder..... or wanting to ban all sharks from the ocean.

I can see the signs now.
"AS LONG THERE ARE SHARKS IN THE OCEAN, WE WON'T SWIM!!!"
"BOYCOTT THE BEACH!!!"
"SHARKS ARE RACIST!!!"
"REMOVE THE SHARKS... THEY BREED HATE!!!!"
"SHARKS ARE GREY, SO WERE REBELS!!!"
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Do TV channels pull all of the "Jaws" movies from their rotation?
[Image: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/image...TBhm8Cl-kg]

Does the NHL team San Jose 'Sharks' have to change their mascot?
[Image: http://alongtheboards.com/wp-content/upl...s-logo.png]
Although I agree that pulling Dukes of Hazard was ridiculous and reactionary, your comparisons are hilariously terrible. Are you getting this stuff off of your huge list of chain emails or somehow conjuring up these nuggets of knowledge in your own?

I mean first comparing the New York Yankees to the confederate flag and now Dukes of Hazard to Shark Week?
On a side note, have you noticed all the people attacked recently in North Carolina were white???? The sharks are obviously racists.
Motley Wrote:Although I agree that pulling Dukes of Hazard was ridiculous and reactionary, your comparisons are hilariously terrible. Are you getting this stuff off of your huge list of chain emails or somehow conjuring up these nuggets of knowledge in your own?

I mean first comparing the New York Yankees to the confederate flag and now Dukes of Hazard to Shark Week?

Sarcasm......
Local Marine got bit over the weekend
http://www.wcti12.com/news/marine-possib...k/34015974
This is the second shark bite in Surf City (about 40 minutes from my house). My favorite place to go when I go to the beach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How dare these liberal promoting the few mean sharks compared to the whole population that humans never see. these frail, shy creatures deserve more respect.
At least the same respect mine inspectors give craw dads swimming in a mud puddle and make you move your road miles down the road and cost you thousands because a certain rare species of minnow may or may not be swimming in that mud puddle as well Confusednicker:
Jarons Wrote:Local Marine got bit over the weekend
http://www.wcti12.com/news/marine-possib...k/34015974
This is the second shark bite in Surf City (about 40 minutes from my house). My favorite place to go when I go to the beach.

We went to the outer banks this year, and was there the week that those two kids lost their arms.

Something I have never seen at the beach...........stingrays in the wild. They were carpeting the bottom of the ocean; literally thousands of them.

Summer 2015 may possibly be remembered as the Summer of the Sharks.
My family and I enjoyed 2-3' waves on the southern outer banks on Cape Lookout and Atlantic Beach right in the thick of the so called "attacks."

Love me some surfing and boogey boarding on Gods creation. I like my 1 in 11.5 million odds of being bit by a shark, as well as, common sense to avoid the conditions where sharks mistake us for seafood!

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I went to the ocean in the late 90's.

It was my only time.

never went back Confusednicker:

I imagine it looks the same.
^
You are wrong!!! It has changed dramatically. Many more people, many more "touristy" people and much more commercializing.

If you ever go back, try the 4 x 4 beaches in northern part of the outer banks. We once rented an ocean front home that was 9.9 miles from any paved road. Had to take the sand on the beach for a little while. We woke up to deer grazing in our yard, and every night the wild stallions would bring their women and babies down to roll in the wet sand. One of my most favorite places to vacation!!

Kids hated it though!!
Confusednicker:
I went to the beach about four years ago. We had a house on the beach next to a pier. I loved sitting on the porch but I only ventured out on to the beach one time the entire week. I hated it. To this day I am still digging sand and salt out of the many crevices of my body. On the bright side I have produced 123 perils and counting. As a matter of fact I dug a new one out just yesterday.
Granny Bear Wrote:^
You are wrong!!! It has changed dramatically. Many more people, many more "touristy" people and much more commercializing.

If you ever go back, try the 4 x 4 beaches in northern part of the outer banks. We once rented an ocean front home that was 9.9 miles from any paved road. Had to take the sand on the beach for a little while. We woke up to deer grazing in our yard, and every night the wild stallions would bring their women and babies down to roll in the wet sand. One of my most favorite places to vacation!!

Kids hated it though!!
Confusednicker:

Youre right! It has changed!

I forgot that Global Warming has caused it to rise and now the waves come back on the shore about 1 centimeter further than they did when I was there.

All jokes aside, if we ever go I might do that. Personally, the ocean is just a dirty swimming pool to me. It just doesn't seem worth the money to pay for a motel and all that when theres not a lot to do.

Personally, me and the wife go on vacations we like and they require passports. Traveling in todays world sucks, but we generally leave the country and go somewhere weve never been. This year, in about a month, we are leaving for England, Scotland, and Ireland on a two week trip. We can still change our mind and go to the Bahamas and Cozumel over the course of two weeks if we want, but that's just a beach and id rather see some history.
Id like to try Germany and Italy within the next 5 years.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Youre right! It has changed!

I forgot that Global Warming has caused it to rise and now the waves come back on the shore about 1 centimeter further than they did when I was there.

All jokes aside, if we ever go I might do that. Personally, the ocean is just a dirty swimming pool to me. It just doesn't seem worth the money to pay for a motel and all that when theres not a lot to do.

Personally, me and the wife go on vacations we like and they require passports. Traveling in todays world sucks, but we generally leave the country and go somewhere weve never been. This year, in about a month, we are leaving for England, Scotland, and Ireland on a two week trip. We can still change our mind and go to the Bahamas and Cozumel over the course of two weeks if we want, but that's just a beach and id rather see some history.
Id like to try Germany and Italy within the next 5 years.

Gut, I've never been to Germany or Italy but I think you would hate it. It's full of foreigners and they speak strange languages there. A lot of them can't even speak English.
Westside Wrote:Gut, I've never been to Germany or Italy but I think you would hate it. It's full of foreigners and they speak strange languages there. A lot of them can't even speak English.

So itd be like going to Florida? :problem:

We can speak a little german but no Italian. However, Ive found in traveling to many places on this planet, that almost every country has a big population of people who also speak English. A lot of it has to do with watching our shows and listening to our music I think. But its really not been that difficult to communicate with most. Its untelling what I've been called while standing right in front of people, but usually my wife can pick up on it and translate enough to know when people don't want us to bother them.
[Image: http://www.speakupforblue.com/wordpress/...-shark.jpg]
DUUUN DUUN DUUUN DUUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN!!!
:biglmao: