Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic @ Boyle Co. 10/16
Lake Trash Wrote:I remember very well the hurting that Boyle put on FTH in the State Championship game in 2003 (for the 2nd time that year) and the fans from up North were just crying because they felt the score (44-10) was being run up on them. If anyone cares to go back and see the scores that FTH was putting on teams that year and the years prior you would have to shake your head at that bit of rhetoric... In '02 they beat CC 62-7.

By the way... Boyle is 3-3 against the Birds, so your statement is completely untrue!

Boyle had plenty of opportunities to advance to play Highlands in the playoffs since moving to 4A. Instead your region sent teams like Lex Cath that Highlands destroyed year after year.
Lake Trash Wrote:I remember very well the hurting that Boyle put on FTH in the State Championship game in 2003 (for the 2nd time that year) and the fans from up North were just crying because they felt the score (44-10) was being run up on them. If anyone cares to go back and see the scores that FTH was putting on teams that year and the years prior you would have to shake your head at that bit of rhetoric... In '02 they beat CC 62-7.

By the way... Boyle is 3-3 against the Birds, so your statement is completely untrue!

Actually I think Boyle is 2-4 in real scores. 1 is listed as a forfeit in '04.
WideRight05 Wrote:Boyle had plenty of opportunities to advance to play Highlands in the playoffs since moving to 4A. Instead your region sent teams like Lex Cath that Highlands destroyed year after year.

That was with the absence of Chuck Norris. I mean Chuck Smith.
pjdoug Wrote:That was with the absence of Chuck Norris. I mean Chuck Smith.

Highlands creamed Boyle twice in Smith's last year in 04 before he left for UK. It wouldn't have mattered who was coaching Boyle during that time period when Highlands won all those titles. If they played Boyle I would say the final score would have been 56-10, Highlands with a running clock in the late 3rd/early 4th quarter.
LC with the upset Wink
WideRight05 Wrote:Highlands creamed Boyle twice in Smith's last year in 04 before he left for UK. It wouldn't have mattered who was coaching Boyle during that time period when Highlands won all those titles. If they played Boyle I would say the final score would have been 56-10, Highlands with a running clock in the late 3rd/early 4th quarter.

hard to argue with that Smile
Boyle is taking LC out behind the woodshed in this one Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Boyle is taking LC out behind the woodshed in this one Confusednicker:

I wont ask what they are doing behind the woodshedConfusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:hard to argue with that Smile

Now I remember why I have you on my ignore list. Highlands forfeited the regular season game because of an ineligible player who scored all highlands points in that game, real score was a 14 point win for the Birds they also went on to beat Boyle in the title game 22 to 6 a game Boyle lead at halftime. Statistically these games were in Boyle's favor but Highlands broke 3 long scoring runs in each of these games so I don't see where you get that Boyle was creamed. Now in 03 Boyle handed the Birds the worst loss they've ever suffered in a state title game 44 to 10 now that's what I call creamed you forgot to mention the 03 game.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Now I remember why I have you on my ignore list. Highlands forfeited the regular season game because of an ineligible player who scored all highlands points in that game, real score was a 14 point win for the Birds they also went on to beat Boyle in the title game 22 to 6 a game Boyle lead at halftime. Statistically these games were in Boyle's favor but Highlands broke 3 long scoring runs in each of these games so I don't see where you get that Boyle was creamed. Now in 03 Boyle handed the Birds the worst loss they've ever suffered in a state title game 44 to 10 now that's what I call creamed you forgot to mention the 03 game.

Sorry pjdoug I quoted the wrong post this was meant for wideright 05.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Sorry pjdoug I quoted the wrong post this was meant for wideright 05.

I hoped you hadn't turned into a pirateConfusednicker:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Now I remember why I have you on my ignore list. Highlands forfeited the regular season game because of an ineligible player who scored all highlands points in that game, real score was a 14 point win for the Birds they also went on to beat Boyle in the title game 22 to 6 a game Boyle lead at halftime. Statistically these games were in Boyle's favor but Highlands broke 3 long scoring runs in each of these games so I don't see where you get that Boyle was creamed. Now in 03 Boyle handed the Birds the worst loss they've ever suffered in a state title game 44 to 10 now that's what I call creamed you forgot to mention the 03 game.

What ineligible player? Oh, you're talking about the eligible player that didn't even play against Boyle in that title game. The courts overturned that ruling, Mitchell was ruled eligible, and the birds received their 14 wins back for that season. The KHSAA refunded the $1,500 fine that Highlands paid.

It's easy to put the truth on ignore... Confusednicker:
WideRight05 Wrote:What ineligible player? Oh, you're talking about the eligible player that didn't even play against Boyle in that title game. The courts overturned that ruling, Mitchell was ruled eligible, and the birds received their 14 wins back for that season. The KHSAA refunded the $1,500 fine that Highlands paid.

So they were paid off? Confusednicker:
WideRight05 Wrote:What ineligible player? Oh, you're talking about the eligible player that didn't even play against Boyle in that title game. The courts overturned that ruling, Mitchell was ruled eligible, and the birds received their 14 wins back for that season. The KHSAA refunded the $1,500 fine that Highlands paid.

Didn't say Mitchell played in title game he played in regular season game if the ruling was overturned why does KHSSA still show it as a forfeit.
This is a Boyle County Lexington Catholic thread know one else on this forum wants to talk about Highlands but you.
Jack Lambert Wrote:This is a Boyle County Lexington Catholic thread know one else on this forum wants to talk about Highlands but you.

Go Rebels!
Jack Lambert Wrote:This is a Boyle County Lexington Catholic thread know one else on this forum wants to talk about Highlands but you.

Highlands fan hijacking a thread........bet that's never happened before.
I think this game will be better then some think. This LC offense is capable of putting up some points as we saw against a very good Johnson Central defense. If Boyle does win this thing in dominating fashion then the rest of 3a is in trouble in my opinion.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think this game will be better then some think. This LC offense is capable of putting up some points as we saw against a very good Johnson Central defense. If Boyle does win this thing in dominating fashion then the rest of 3a is in trouble in my opinion.

No offense to Lexington Catholic but in reality they only scored 7 on the Johnson Central first unit the other 7 was from a fumble recovery for a touchdown. I went to this game, one of the few that I have been able to this season due to my health, hoping that it to live up to what many thought would be a great game and to visit with old friends but it was anything but that. When Johnson Central was up 42-14, from my endzone perspective, it looked like several individuals who had been playing up to that point were not on the field when Lexington Catholic made their late push. Call it a poor coaching decision or the heat causing fatigue because it was extremely hot and humid that night, I am unsure of the reasoning why they were not in the game. Now I did see them return as Lexington Catholic was driving late only to get the ball picked off.

As for this one, I see Boyle County winning this game comfortably. A major "if" is if Lexington Catholic's QB can play then it may get interesting. Young man throws a nice deep ball but struggles in his mid-range game and doesn't really progress his reads well. The Lexington Catholic line provided some nice pockets and plenty of time on a few occasions but he refused to tuck the ball and run when nothing was opening up. I am really interested in this game to see how much Lexington Catholic has improved since the game I went to or how high Boyle County has placed the bar for the rest of 3A. Good luck to both teams tonight in what is hopefully an entertaining and injury free game.