Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best of the Bluegrass Roster 2015
Whatever dude...I don't even understand what you just said.
Granny Bear Wrote:Location was definitely a factor in their selection criteria.

I think that sucks. I also think it's unfair.

Location + Timing = Reality
RCM Wrote:Whatever dude...I don't even understand what you just said.

:lame: She is right! The reason you couldn't understand is because she spoke above grade school level. Grow up "dude"
Granny Bear Wrote:I will apologize before I post in case I offend anyone...my intention is NOT to offend but to give my opinion.

I count 3 players from the mountain teams.....IF I include Pulaski. Four mountain teams played for the state title this year. Two of those teams won the state title; one of those winners was a 3 time repeat.

NO players from Pikeville, Belfry or Johnson Central.

I call total bullshit!!!

You might want to check your glasses prescription Granny. The Pack kid is from Johnson Central.
BlueBirdWarrior Wrote:You might want to check your glasses prescription Granny. The Pack kid is from Johnson Central.

Correct, but she does make a valid point and in her defence, Pack's name was wrote or typed in to make it very easily missed. But he and all that where picked I am sure are very deserving. I think her point is Eastern Ky is over looked on a lot of these type of awards. Whether it be coaches fault or what ever, these kids do get over looked. I have not seen all of them play so I will not make judgement. But Belfry's o-line is arguably one of the best in the State and not one player picked, Pugh from Pikeville could hold his own against any of the backs picked and I am not a Pikeville fan. Things like that. But in the bigger picture, these kids have a new ring and are champions as a team and to me that is all that matters.
Granny Bear Wrote:The topic of this thread is Best of the Bluegrass Roster. One doesn't need a working knowledge of football to have an opinion of this topic. My point is, being very careful to not take anything away from the kids that were chosen; however, the very apparent fact of the matter is simply this: Location was definitely a factor in their selection criteria.

I think that sucks. I also think it's unfair.

Now that I have spoken to the subject matter of this thread, I will entertain your question.

I have forgotten more about football that you will ever know. I grew to love football back when it was really football and not the politically correct version that you see on the field today. In a football trivia contest, I will match you question for question, and when I'm finished humiliating you, I will allow you to go back to your momma's house.
Boom. That just happened. Lol
RCM Wrote:Whatever dude...I don't even understand what you just said.
I'm not surprised.

BlueBirdWarrior Wrote:You might want to check your glasses prescription Granny. The Pack kid is from Johnson Central.
You are correct BBW, I totally missed it. Still, I think the disparity is there and I think it is wrong!

Crossbones Wrote:Correct, but she does make a valid point and in her defence, Pack's name was wrote or typed in to make it very easily missed. But he and all that where picked I am sure are very deserving. I think her point is Eastern Ky is over looked on a lot of these type of awards. Whether it be coaches fault or what ever, these kids do get over looked. I have not seen all of them play so I will not make judgement. But Belfry's o-line is arguably one of the best in the State and not one player picked, Pugh from Pikeville could hold his own against any of the backs picked and I am not a Pikeville fan. Things like that. But in the bigger picture, these kids have a new ring and are champions as a team and to me that is all that matters.
Very well stated. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I get that way when I get aggravated.
What grade is the guys on Belfry line
I was under the impression most of the whole team was jrs
If they are. Might as well put their name on 2016 trophy

Now there is something that can certainly be questioned.
Anything can be questioned, and I have said that I made a mistake. The school beside of Pack was listed as J Central. I read it as Central.

I don't know how many Seniors graduated from Belfry, but I do know that they return a lot of kids next year. Horton comes to mind...he will be a Senior next year, I believe. That kid is a D1 recruit, IMO.
Johnny Hernandez will not be playing he suffered an injury
former Wrote:What grade is the guys on Belfry line
I was under the impression most of the whole team was jrs

One Senior on the Oline. (Gibbs)
Kentucky up 28 to 7.
40 to 21 team KY
Cong: to all selected to play in this game. It is an Honor o be selected. My Grand Son played in this game in 2009 and enjoyed it very much. Some Kids chose not to play in these All Star Games for different reasons. Mountain Players tend to be overlooked and I don't understand why???
Basketball knocks s lot of kids out
No disrespect to any of the kids but you can change the name cause that's by far not the best the bluegrass has to offer
Well that is extremely disrespectful to the kids.
Granny Bear Wrote:I will apologize before I post in case I offend anyone...my intention is NOT to offend but to give my opinion.

I count 3 players from the mountain teams.....IF I include Pulaski. Four mountain teams played for the state title this year. Two of those teams won the state title; one of those winners was a 3 time repeat.

NO players from Pikeville, Belfry or Johnson Central.

I call total bullshit!!!

Blake Asher from Leslie Co. was invited but declined due to an Illness/Injury he had after football.
Your coach does have to nominate you and I believe it is Seniors only?
Yes. And the team is selected by the group of coaches who are coaching the team. They watch film and pick the kids that they feel will fit the best. Sometimes a few kids that many people think are great are left out. It's has some subjectivism to it. Some years they have picked my kids who I thought deserved it, sometimes not. Many times some of the best kids opt out for bball, leaving early for school, or not wanting to play. They obviously did a good job. They stomped the Louisville team and it probably should have been worse.
What happened to Pack playing in this game?
IMO it should be east Vs west. Not Louisville against the rest.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:IMO it should be east Vs west. Not Louisville against the rest.

Agreed.

Louisville and the good programs west of there, like Bowling Green against Lexington, the East and NKY.

That would be a hell of a football game most years if the right players were picked and actually wanted to play.

Seems the Border Bowl is a little better than this game as far as recruiting and things go.
I played in this game when it was East against West. 35 players per team. A lot of these things are political. Hell. Maybe I didn't deserve it. But I do know there were guys on both teams that could have been replaced by some I played against. The coach has to nominate the players. And after that I don't know how one is selected. I'm sure all nominated didn't get selected. But some deserving weren't nominated. I went as a receiver. But went both ways in the game. There were a total of 6 receivers. That's counting both teams. Does that mean there wasnt a better receiver not there? Like I said. All Star teams and All State teams can be misleading at times. I know people that were 1st, 2nd or 3rd team all state. But they weren't even all district or region
It's a joke to me that the QB from HHS woukd make this roster when he wasn't the best QB in NKY. How he would make it over the Ryle kid or the Beechwood kid is quite a mystery. I'm not saying he wasn't a descent high school QB, but those other two I mentioned were much better. I have no idea what the numbers were, but the eye in the sky don't lie. The other snub is Lawrence from NCC, if this kid were 6' or taller he would naming the school that he would be playing for.
Ryle QB is a junior, so not eligible to participate in this game. Fieger may have been asked to play and chose not to. There are numerous kids from NKY that could/should have played in this game and did not for one reason or another.