Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stoops likely to make staff changes
Kentucky football coach Mark Stoops is in the process of evaluating his team's 2015 season, and as part of that evaluation he is still considering making changes to his staff.

In an interview with the Louisville Courier-Journal and the Lexington Herald-Leader, Stoops said he wouldn't be surprised if some change is made - either in personnel or responsibility.

“Would I anticipate some change in this program, little or big? Of course," he said. "There’s change every year in most programs. I think it’s fair to say you have to evaluate everything, and, yes, we’re in the middle of looking into all that."

Kentucky started the season 4-1, with the lone loss a 14-9 setback against Florida. It appeared as though the Wildcats were in position to make a bowl game, but UK stumbled to a 1-6 record down the stretch.

“Our margin for error is still not very big and when we have opportunities we’ve got to make the most of them,” Stoops told the papers. “It’s like you understand the frustration from fans, because I’m frustrated as well. Again, you take away several plays…but we’ve got to start making those plays.

"Nobody is more p***** off when you see bad football on the field than me,” he said. “I know very clearly what good football looks like. I’ve seen it up close and personal for a long time. We’re going to get that done here.”
Per Catspause
It should have already been done.
If Dawson and Elliott are still on the sidelines then next year is already a failure.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It should have already been done.
If Dawson and Elliott are still on the sidelines then next year is already a failure.
I think both of those will be there, he's not going to want 3 OC's in 3 years. Eliot is his friend so i'm sure that comes into play. I think he either hires or reassigns a coach to be special teams coach, and for the love of everything holy get a line coach so they can block somewhat next year.
Some are saying maniord and Dawson are the ones...
Strikeout King Wrote:Some are saying maniord and Dawson are the ones...
Getting rid of Dawson would be the best move IMO. Get away from this offensive style that isn't working. I just didn't think he would want his 3rd OC in 3 years but hey go for it. Lol. Heard anything about replacing Schlarman as o line coach??
Strikeout King Wrote:Some are saying maniord and Dawson are the ones...
Listened to Stoops interview today, and from the way he is talking about UK just not having the players to run the plays that Dawson wants too run, you may be right about him leaving.
Elliott is just as bad or not worse but it baffles me how Stoops continues to let him run a bad defense and horrible schemes.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the only move made is hiring a special teams coach or something stupid like that. According to Stoops, the special teams move was a great ideal and worked well this year :biglmao:
If changes don't occur his tenure at UK will be a short one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Unless it starts with Stoops removing himself from the staff nothing will really change with UK football, just same ole same ole.
Per WKYT, Dawson is out. So that's one step in the right direction. Now if we could hire a special teams coordinator and a decent offensive line coach, we could start making some progress.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Per WKYT, Dawson is out. So that's one step in the right direction. Now if we could hire a special teams coordinator and a decent offensive line coach, we could start making some progress.
Now the search begins...
Looks like Dawson is out....:Cheerlead...Lets hope Stoops makes a good hire...
I guess I am hanging on to my tickets another year...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ding Dong, Dumbo is gone, now its time for Elliot to follow him out the door. Too bad Stoops made the wrong decision passing on Riley for this clown. Might as well start over, with a new OC, DC and for the love of God, hire a Special Teams Coordinator!
From the look of some of the players tweets, some seem to like the idea, some not so much.
HAL MUMME!!!!!

HE'S THE ONLY OPTION!!!!

gocats
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:HAL MUMME!!!!!

HE'S THE ONLY OPTION!!!!

gocats
Oh Geez Confusednicker:
I bet at least one more member will be gone.
Schlarman removed the UK stuff from his twitter handle but left the pocs of commonwealth stadium up as his profile pics
Tommy Mainord out as WR coach
Now, lets can Schlarman and hire a special teams coach and we'll be heading in the right direction...
Seen on another board that theirs a chance that Steve Spurrier Jr could be coming to UK as well. Players started following him as well he started following the coaching staff and Eddie Gran.
Strikeout King Wrote:Seen on another board that theirs a chance that Steve Spurrier Jr could be coming to UK as well. Players started following him as well he started following the coaching staff and Eddie Gran.

I could get excited about Gran and Spurrier Jr...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]