Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co @ Hazard( Scrimmage)
Apparently officials were having training program with the game. 20 or more there.
Way too many flags. Neither team got into much flow
Minus fumbles Hazard moved ball on ground extremely well. Whitley had no answer for Corey Smith inside. Francis looked good last night as well.
Hazard needs improvement in pass coverage in middle of field. Long touchdown pass was on #3 corner so ok.
Whitley much more physical on defense than in past years and more athletic. In my opinion Whitley will be solid by mid season. Offensively need to better on inside run.

Hazard looks ahead of where I expected. Minus injuries this team will not be fun to run into by playoff time for anyone. Big physical running game and Johnson is a big time receiver
redstone1127 Wrote:Apparently officials were having training program with the game. 20 or more there.
Minus fumbles Hazard moved ball on ground extremely well. Whitley had no answer for Corey Smith inside. Francis looked good last night as well.
Hazard needs improvement in pass coverage in middle of field. Long touchdown pass was on #3 corner so ok.
Whitley much more physical on defense than in past years and more athletic. In my opinion Whitley will be solid by mid season. Offensively need to better on inside run.

Hazard looks ahead of where I expected. Minus injuries this team will not be fun to run into by playoff time for anyone. Big physical running game and Johnson is a big time receiver

I just hope Blair is okay. Ethan did a good job but will do better if he is going to get the starter and get more reps at QB until Blair comes back( hopefully he comes back).

It will help getting one of the starting lineman back.
Yes. OLine will better. They were good last night.
Blair tweaked ankle is all hopefully. ?
Ethan is tough and experienced. We will be fine with both
redstone1127 Wrote:Apparently officials were having training program with the game. 20 or more there.

I was impressed with coaching. Whitley County coaches noticed a mismatch earlier that led to the long touchdown pass.The defense is also looking better,more physical and more fundamentally sound than in the past.

overall, it was a good scrimmage for both teams,with neither showing their full hand. They both still have a ways to go,but the future is looking promising.
pjdoug Wrote:I was impressed with coaching. Whitley County coaches noticed a mismatch earlier that led to the long touchdown pass.The defense is also looking better,more physical and more fundamentally sound than in the past.

overall, it was a good scrimmage for both teams,with neither showing their full hand. They both still have a ways to go,but the future is looking promising.

That is the pick 6 that was called back after the player crossed the end zone and took back off.. These teams played hard and will be ready to start next week.
bac2369 Wrote:That is the pick 6 that was called back after the player crossed the end zone and took back off.. These teams played hard and will be ready to start next week.

Yeah. I was showing a picture of all the zebras on the field Smile
How in the Sam Hill does Hazard let Whitley Co beat them?
mysonis55 Wrote:How in the Sam Hill does Hazard let Whitley Co beat them?

5A vs 1A Hazard had to been resting players Confusednicker:

Whitley isn't a bad team. Two lineman sit out, the starting QB got hurt the 3rd series and didn't play the rest of the game, plus they had a pick 6 taken off the board because of a hit after the player crossed the end zone. But they will get better and hopefully healthy.
64, Come on man!!! 5a vs 1a. GCHS 5a vs MHS 1a-2a. Record MHS 18-5.
64SUR Wrote:5A vs 1A Hazard had to been resting players Confusednicker:

5a loses to 1a, and they are trying to paint a rosey picture out if it. Running clock Friday night probably before halftime.
Whitley will compete for the district. Frazier will help get them over the hump.

How in the Sam Hill are you able to walk around or figure out how to get on the internet with that mental capacity?

^ This is seriously one of the most idiotic questions that I've seen in my life. Whoever said there is no such thing as a stupid question lied to you.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, Come on man!!! 5a vs 1a. GCHS 5a vs MHS 1a-2a. Record MHS 18-5.

famous person once said "you don't have to tear others, down to build yourself up" but Mayfield fans don't understand that...... to diminish Hazard because they are a 1A school, diminishes Mayfield as well (i know they are now a 2A, which they should have been all along).

It's pompous arrogant fans that ruin things for kids, no reason Whitley should feel bad for competing well in a scrimmage....
My observations: Hazard platooned looking for depth. All night, not just late. For example the # 2 DLine played with #1 and #3 corners. Rarely after second series were starters all in. Likley Whitley did much the same but not sure. Hazards linebackers played most of first 3 because they are new.
And as stated previously the officiating was a cluster. Period. For both teams. Admitted that taking the score off on the pick 6 was wrong. BUT guys it's a scrimmage! Most teams that are fairly confident in themselves use this as a opportunity to see new kids in real game scenarios and see who can and cannot play. That's why you punt in 4th and inches when driving to see if your long snapper and punter are in sync: to make sure special teams get on and off the field quickly.
The score obviously means a ton to some but in reality it means nothing. It's a trial and error learning experience especially for the younger kids.
That said Whitley is more athletic and stronger. Will be a better year for them. Wish
them well.
My opinion is take scrimmage game scores and scientifically ignore them. Next week, on the other hand, it's for real. That score will mean something.