Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Letter
Reportedly over 70 'top' Republicans have signed on to a letter addressed to RNC Chair Reince Priebus asking him to withdraw any further funding to Republican Nominee Donald J. Trump. In reading the letter, it becomes clear the concerns are based largely on politically correct faux-pas, along with talking point criticisms generated by the left. In any case no matter how effective it turns out to be, the letter demonstrates the level of desperation to which Trump opponents have sunken, and is a historical rehash of a dirty trick perpetrated against Bob Dole. Funding was pulled by the party after the dog piling got bad enough during his campaign back in 1996. Ironically as we recently saw, though spurned by his own party in a similarly treacherous manner, and at the behest of the establishment elites, Dole initially did his best to torpedo the Trump nomination early on. Though his official endorsement did follow later.

And, of those so-called 70 top Republicans, the big guns among the signers are; former Sen. Gordon Humphrey, age 76 of New Hampshire, and former Reps. Chris Shays age 73 of Connecticut, Tom Coleman age 73 of Missouri and the spring chicken in the group of former congressmen is Vin Weber age 64 of Minnesota. All but one of these former congressmen left public service by '93, Vin Weber served most recently in '09. I can't say I remember any of them though. Kind of sets the bar for achieving the notoriety for being named a top Republican pretty low from where I sit.

The rest of the top Republicans are staffers and such, mostly from days gone by. The point is they're all bought and sold very low profile establishment types who have generally opposed the Trump nomination from the start. Imagine how tore up they'd all be if Trump was under investigation by the FBI, or if any of the various Congressional committees that have investigated his opponent, were investigating him? Not to mention the associated scandals. If I didn't know better, in reading the headlines I might have been worried the letter had been sent by Paul Ryan and had signatures of 70 sitting congressional big wigs affixed.

The Trump dog piling from both sides has taken on a life of it's own. What a tsunami of lies we are seeing. That said, Trump has supplied his opponents with the necessary fodder with which to assault him, with a least a shred of credibility. The aside with regard to Hillary and the NRA though tongue in cheek, was enough to unseat him yet again from the headlines and support that his economic speech should have afforded him. There is a big difference between the board room and the national political stage. And it isn't that Trump's contemporaries have not made equally unacceptable comments, they just don't get caught that much and if they do, the in-the-tank media just ignore it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If the country decides to vote against a self funded candidate from a major party because they are passified by tax payer funded programs, then they will get what they deserve.
As of last week when I renewed my license, I am no longer a Republican.

To hell with all RINOS. Theyre no different than the liberal scum that is Hillary. I cant wait to watch them bot burn out. ALT Right and Radical conservatism will be the future. Theres currently no one in the senate radical enough for me. The republican party needs to go ahead and call themselves what they've always been. Moderates.
Heard Dr Ben Carson being interviewed this evening. According to him, the left knows they are on the verge of a decades long total takeover of American political power. If they can just get Hillary into the White House, they know they will successfully seed the Supreme Court. And if that happens it won't make a flip who the President is because the liberals will rule by virtue of legal edict.

That's why Dems are so desperate, they also know this opportunity will likely not come again in their lifetimes. They are therefore, ready willing and able to say or do whatever it takes to make it happen. Not that moral scruples had them in any way hamstrung in the past, but from here on out it will be no holds barred. If we think things have been nasty to date, we ain't seen nothin yet, again, according to Carson. This one is literally for all the marbles. Donald Trump will suffer an onslaught of lies like nothing Americans have ever seen. And for my money the in-the-tank media, complicit and guilty of epic deceit as they surely are, deserve to suffer the most in the brave new world they are helping to create.

If lucidity does not prevail this time, and given that the US and the world will even still be standing 3 decades from now when Clinton appointees will have served out their expected terms, all that was America will not even be a faint memory for the vast majority.

Define irony; The Statue of Liberty, may well survive long after a life of liberty, has dissipated away into an apathetic cloud.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:As of last week when I renewed my license, I am no longer a Republican.

To hell with all RINOS. Theyre no different than the liberal scum that is Hillary. I cant wait to watch them bot burn out. ALT Right and Radical conservatism will be the future. Theres currently no one in the senate radical enough for me. The republican party needs to go ahead and call themselves what they've always been. Moderates.

Well, it's funny you should mention that. You may have noticed that I recently changed my long held voter registration from Democrat to Republican. It was just one of those things I never got around to doing. I have to admit depending on how things go 87 days from now, I might have to reregister as an Independent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]