Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co @ Mercer Co 08/27
Mercer 27
Bell 21.
It's a shame but I don't believe bell has the capability to beat Mercer. Even if all players were healthy and playing don't see it happening as much as I am a fan. Times have changed.
Bell County 28-7
Running Back Wrote:It's a shame but I don't believe bell has the capability to beat Mercer. Even if all players were healthy and playing don't see it happening as much as I am a fan. Times have changed.

Bell Co is fine this year. They will win 7 games or maybe 8. Only REAL loss I see on schedule could be Corbin. Everyone else is beatable.
Mercer has the best team in years, so does Wayne since state runner-up team, Campbell Co. could be best team in school history. Casey just killed Powell County. I think the only for sure win left is Jackson. I have no idea about Pike Central I have not seen them play in years but seems like the game last year was close??? Whitley will be a war, always is. Harlan County was impressive against Pulaski County.

Middlesboro I think you are over estimating the quality of win Bell had over a TERRIBLE mboro team. No offense intended but from what I have heard they looked a lot worse than last years yellow jacket team.
Rommel Wrote:Mercer has the best team in years, so does Wayne since state runner-up team, Campbell Co. could be best team in school history. Casey just killed Powell County. I think the only for sure win left is Jackson. I have no idea about Pike Central I have not seen them play in years but seems like the game last year was close??? Whitley will be a war, always is. Harlan County was impressive against Pulaski County.

Middlesboro I think you are over estimating the quality of win Bell had over a TERRIBLE mboro team. No offense intended but from what I have heard they looked a lot worse than last years yellow jacket team.

LOL You're not offending "Middlesboro" because he is actually a Bell County guy. That said, if you're basing that off of all the former Bell County coaches that are on here then you should find some new sources. They definitely looked improved last Friday. And to say that they are "a lot worse than last year's yellow jacket team" is laughable. Did you see last year's team? Worst in school history. Not near that bad.

Didn't mean to jump into a Bell vs Mercer thread and hijack it with Middlesboro talk. Just saying there are many other teams in eastern Kentucky that could have been an easier win for Bell.

That said, I hope Mercer Co wins by 100.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:LOL You're not offending "Middlesboro" because he is actually a Bell County guy. That said, if you're basing that off of all the former Bell County coaches that are on here then you should find some new sources. They definitely looked improved last Friday. And to say that they are "a lot worse than last year's yellow jacket team" is laughable. Did you see last year's team? Worst in school history. Not near that bad.

Didn't mean to jump into a Bell vs Mercer thread and hijack it with Middlesboro talk. Just saying there are many other teams in eastern Kentucky that could have been an easier win for Bell.

That said, I hope Mercer Co wins by 100.

Not basing it off of Bell County coaches or former coaches, this is coming from another staff that watched the film or game not sure which. Said the defense is like a Jr League defense stand up and get drove back. No resistance. Said lack of QB play this year makes the offense very poor. OL not very good. That sums it up.
I like Mercer by a couple touchdowns.
Middlesboro Wrote:Bell Co is fine this year. They will win 7 games or maybe 8. Only REAL loss I see on schedule could be Corbin. Everyone else is beatable.

I wish but this is the worst Bell team I remember in years since pre Dudley era with sideline injuries or without. Anyone of you who has followed football should see this. Subtract a few off that 7 and get back to us post season.
According to some people I talked to who attended last weeks Mercer game, MC seemed to be slowed down by all the rain. Their speed was never able to get on track. Central Hardin's size seemed to wear down MC. I think MC gets a win this weekend, and their speed is too much for Bell County on the turf at Boyle County. MC 35 BC 21
Mercer big boys!!!
Running Back Wrote:I wish but this is the worst Bell team I remember in years since pre Dudley era with sideline injuries or without. Anyone of you who has followed football should see this. Subtract a few off that 7 and get back to us post season.

Idk but Wayne Mills had a bad year too going like 7-5 didn't he?
Middlesboro Wrote:Idk but Wayne Mills had a bad year too going like 7-5 didn't he?

They may not get 7 in 2 years.
Bell people, do you expect the game plan to be much like last week? Double tight, heavy backfield, run between tackles every play?

I'm not knocking it. I'm wondering if this is the style they are going to have to adopt for the rest of the season with Humfleet out and having bigger backs (outside of Asher).