• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Danville 9/9/16
Corbin - 27

Danville - 20
Corbin - 27

Danville - 20
Ads win this game...seem to have things rolling
Danville :lmao: We will stop the pass. :coach:
Playing at Danville has never been kind to Corbin. Although, I think at least defensively Corbin Is collectively as fast as I've seen them in a while. I'll take Corbin in a very minor upset. No losers in this game really. Both teams will exploit weaknesses for the other, and they will walk away with a better idea of how to go win their respective classes. Great contest coming up.
64, you need to get WYMT to air this one. I would rather watch it than Hazard.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A lot of people think Danville will kill corbin and I just don't get it. If that happens then Danville should kill Mayfield and just about anybody else as well.
Danville is not belfry.
This is a good measuring stick for the 2A title tho. Corbin plays both Danville and Mayfield and without a doubt those two will meet in BG.
Should be a good tell all.

I agree Danville is not Belfry but neither Corbin or Belfry has the speed that Danville will bring to the field Friday night if Corbin can't cover Danvilles receivers it's going to be a long night for the Hounds, and if Corbin dosen't have a balanced offense with a good passing game to keep The Ads defense honest they will load the box and stop the run. I think Danville is probably a 3 TD better team than they were at this point in the season last year their QB is one of the best passers I've seen in along time. With all that said I think Danville wins comfortably.
But, then again, if Danville can't keep the big boys off their qb, it isn't gonna matter if the recievers get open.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I agree Danville is not Belfry but neither Corbin or Belfry has the speed that Danville will bring to the field Friday night if Corbin can't cover Danvilles receivers it's going to be a long night for the Hounds, and if Corbin dosen't have a balanced offense with a good passing game to keep The Ads defense honest they will load the box and stop the run. I think Danville is probably a 3 TD better team than they were at this point in the season last year their QB is one of the best passers I've seen in along time. With all that said I think Danville wins comfortably.

I thought you mentioned that you will refrain yourself from making any more prediction for a while, maybe even the rest of the season??? Or was just Boyle Co. games?
Corbin 33 Danville 30
Jack Lambert Wrote:I agree Danville is not Belfry but neither Corbin or Belfry has the speed that Danville will bring to the field Friday night if Corbin can't cover Danvilles receivers it's going to be a long night for the Hounds, and if Corbin dosen't have a balanced offense with a good passing game to keep The Ads defense honest they will load the box and stop the run. I think Danville is probably a 3 TD better team than they were at this point in the season last year their QB is one of the best passers I've seen in along time. With all that said I think Danville wins comfortably.

Just because Belfry runs the ball 95% of the time and has a massive line doesn't mean they don't have great team speed.

Everyone raved about LexCath's team speed last year, specifically their WR's, and Belfry was clearly the faster overall team and the WR's couldn't get free all night. LexCath could never get outside on the Pirates as well, neither running it or using the screen game.

Having watched Danville I would take Belfry's overall team speed over Danville. VanCleave is faster than anyone Belfry or Corbin has... that guy has jets... but truth be told Danville's overall Defensive team speed somewhat underwhelmed me. Harris and Walker are great football players and play smart and tough, but neither "wowed" me with their foot speed. Stanfield has some boogie..I'll acknowledge that. They definitely play a fast tempo on offense.. but what makes Danville so good is they just have four or five really good football players moreso than four or five burners.

I will agree that Corbin is definitely a notch or two below both Danville and Belfry when it comes to team speed. The Redhounds have nice quickness and nice flow on Defense and on Offense, but they dont have a single person that has that scary explosion.

I think it is Danville's balance that will hurt Corbin the most, and I like the way the Ads' O-Line battles. To beat Danville you need to be able to pressure Dampier because if he sits in the pocket he will pick you apart with his accuracy and Danville's skill guys will always get up field for extra yardage. Corbin's D-line isn't exactly that stout, and mixed with the respect for Harris I see them struggling to put a lot of penetration.

I think Corbin will maintain steady success against the Admiral Defense. Sizemore is going to give an undersized Danville Defense issues with his ability to grind yards and AJ Moore will make some catches. Corbin has really developed their Offensive balance and supplementary weapons.

In the end though I just think Danville has too many weapons and Corbin's line play on both sides is not quiet ready for what the Ads bring.

Danville by 12 in a very well contested game.
FBfan4life Wrote:I thought you mentioned that you will refrain yourself from making any more prediction for a while, maybe even the rest of the season??? Or was just Boyle Co. games?

Not that I owe you any kind of explanation but I was talking about Boyle County games and I'm sure you knew that don't you have a Catholic team to worry about that's probably going to be 1-3 after this weekend.
I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that Danville will be the more athletic team on Friday night, but I like the fact that Corbin is a very physical team, who can wear you down, both physically and mentally by keeping you off balance and playing a physical brand of football. I think Sizemore will be the difference maker in the end, by being able to grind out tough yards in short yardage situations. He is a big boy, and he brings another dimension to the offense when he is able to get the tough yards. Also, he looks so much more comfortable in Haddix's offense this year, by being patient and having more confidence in his reads. I think Corbin still has a "bad taste" in their mouths from last years game. With that being said, Corbin wins 21-20.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Not that I owe you any kind of explanation but I was talking about Boyle County games and I'm sure you knew that don't you have a Catholic team to worry about that's probably going to be 1-3 after this weekend.
Which Catholic are you speaking of? I root on ALL Catholic schools. From the west, north and central part of the state. And if you speak of Lexington Catholic, well does it really matter what they do in non district games? If you're such football connoisseur, look back to 2010 even earlier and tell us all... How many times have Lex Catholic have a winning first 4-6 game of the season? Not to mention the teams they schedule during those years. Ill give you a few. Scott Co, Saint X, Bishop Chatard ( IN ), LOne Oak, Bowling Green, Male, Ensworth Academy ( TN ), Lafayette, Bryan Station, Johnson Central just to name a few that they play every year. So their non district are ALWAY tough. So please don't worry about Lex Cath going 1-3, might want to worry more about Chuck and his band of Rebels that might go 0-4, but I doubt it. I picked the Rebels to upset Lafayette and I'm picking you all this weekend as well, so please don't disappoint me twice. Good luck and hope every Rebels comes out injury free.
With Danville it's stopping the Quick screens.. If you don't have solid tacklers at corner or on the outside you're in trouble. They get the ball in the hands of their playmakers quick. On defense, Danville just flows fast. Corbin's line will need to be prepared for fast gap shooting linemen who want to cause Chaos..

I think Greer and Mills will have the defense ready, just don't know if the line can block those quick guys. I'll take Danville 21-7..
FBfan4life Wrote:Which Catholic are you speaking of? I root on ALL Catholic schools. From the west, north and central part of the state. And if you speak of Lexington Catholic, well does it really matter what they do in non district games? If you're such football connoisseur, look back to 2010 even earlier and tell us all... How many times have Lex Catholic have a winning first 4-6 game of the season? Not to mention the teams they schedule during those years. Ill give you a few. Scott Co, Saint X, Bishop Chatard ( IN ), LOne Oak, Bowling Green, Male, Ensworth Academy ( TN ), Lafayette, Bryan Station, Johnson Central just to name a few that they play every year. So their non district are ALWAY tough. So please don't worry about Lex Cath going 1-3, might want to worry more about Chuck and his band of Rebels that might go 0-4, but I doubt it. I picked the Rebels to upset Lafayette and I'm picking you all this weekend as well, so please don't disappoint me twice. Good luck and hope every Rebels comes out injury free.

I'll agree with you on one thing LC does play a tough schedule every year, as far as Boyle goes I'm not going to worry about it they're in a transition period right now I know helps on the way I don't see anybody beating their freshman or sophomore class this season. Good luck to Lex Cath Friday night hope they win.
I think people are forgetting Louisville Central had athletes at every position last week and they only managed 13 points against the Hounds....
Mills coaches offense
Bobcat4years Wrote:Mills coaches offense

Mills coaches defense
I'm gonna go with the hounds in a tight game! 28-21