Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Pitching Staff
With the heavy losses from last season how will Pikeville Fill the shoes of Chase huffman And Justin anderson?

Is there anyone that no one knows about that will save this staff!!
well Chase and Justin were very good competitors and it will be hard for Pikeville to gain that strength back..but they still have Griffin Hall, robert boyd, and Luke Huffman to pitch..
Panthergirl Wrote:well Chase and Justin were very good competitors and it will be hard for Pikeville to gain that strength back..but they still have Griffin Hall, robert boyd, and Luke Huffman to pitch..

is that all?
I mean it takes more than three people
and i dont think i could count on robert because i saw him pitch twice last year and then saw his stats at the end of the season and he isnt verry good(sorry).
and ive never seen the huffman kid pitch or seen any stats, so i cant assume anything about him.
From what i saw of griffin he seems like he will have a good season this year.
yea...Griffin will have a good year...but Luke was a freshman last year and they never really played him because the only position he really played was pitcher and they had a lot of pitchers last year that were older than him and he didn't really get the chance to play that much but he did play in jv a lot--and he impressed me!
yea...Griffin will have a good year...but Luke was a freshman last year and they never really played him because the only position he really played was pitcher and they had a lot of pitchers last year that were older than him and he didn't really get the chance to play that much but he did play in jv a lot--and he really impressed me!
Panthergirl Wrote:yea...Griffin will have a good year...but Luke was a freshman last year and they never really played him because the only position he really played was pitcher and they had a lot of pitchers last year that were older than him and he didn't really get the chance to play that much but he did play in jv a lot--and he really impressed me!

Jv isnt varsity
you cant tell how good someone will be at the varsity level until they do in fact play at that sort of level.
yea thats true...but I also forgot Mckenzie carter also pitches...my bad!
McKenzie Carter is one of the top 5 pitchers in this region and is very capable of beating anyone in the 15th.
Yes, he is pretty good this year!
rooster Wrote:McKenzie Carter is one of the top 5 pitchers in this region and is very capable of beating anyone in the 15th.

Im not doubting his capeability, but i watched him pitch a couple of times against some rather weak teams and he just walked people and pegged people and allowed 6 or 7 runs.
If that is in fact dominant then yea He's the best!!

top 5 pitchers...no

maybe if he was more consistant he would be top 5 (consistantly good)

and being in the top 5 in the 15th region isnt saying much from what i have seen all arround the state...
Eagle Dad Wrote:Im not doubting his capeability, but i watched him pitch a couple of times against some rather weak teams and he just walked people and pegged people and allowed 6 or 7 runs.
If that is in fact dominant then yea He's the best!!

top 5 pitchers...no

maybe if he was more consistant he would be top 5 (consistantly good)

and being in the top 5 in the 15th region isnt saying much from what i have seen all arround the state...
For one thing he was hurt just about all of last season, and was never 100%. There is a lot more to his baseball season than what you have seen him throw during the regular high school season. I've seen him throw against some really good competition outside the 15th region. Matter of fact I have probably seen him throw more than any body that reads this site. Trust me, I've seen him throw some real gems and dominate against some really, really good teams . I didn't say he was the best in this region, but when he is on, he is definately top 5 and can shut anybody in this region down. My point is I am hardly a Pikeville fan, but I do know first hand what he can do.
rooster Wrote:For one thing he was hurt just about all of last season, and was never 100%. There is a lot more to his baseball season than what you have seen him throw during the regular high school season. I've seen him throw against some really good competition outside the 15th region. Matter of fact I have probably seen him throw more than any body that reads this site. Trust me, I've seen him throw some real gems and dominate against some really, really good teams . I didn't say he was the best in this region, but when he is on, he is definately top 5 and can shut anybody in this region down. My point is I am hardly a Pikeville fan, but I do know first hand what he can do.

wel...it doesnt matter if you are 100% or not if you lose a game game you still get an "L"

100% or not there is no exuse for walking that many people in more than one game.
and like i said before thae game of baseball doesnt care at all if you are 100%.
the people remembered arent the people that played hurt and did average
the people that are remembered are the ones that play hurt and still get the job done with flying colors.

Well we will just have to see in the up comming season what he is made of.
Eagle Dad Wrote:wel...it doesnt matter if you are 100% or not if you lose a game game you still get an "L"

100% or not there is no exuse for walking that many people in more than one game.
and like i said before thae game of baseball doesnt care at all if you are 100%.
the people remembered arent the people that played hurt and did average
the people that are remembered are the ones that play hurt and still get the job done with flying colors.

Well we will just have to see in the up comming season what he is made of.
The whole point of me saying he was not 100% is that that is the reason that he at sometimes was not nearly as effective as he can be last season. You ever try to pitch with a pulled hamstring? Aint easy.

I dont suppose you ever saw him go into the bottom of the 7th win a no hitter going against the likes of Lexington Dunbar, or PRP. I have seen him do it twice. How's that for flying colors.

My question is that if you know so much about what Pikeville has this season, then why start this thread to begin with?
rooster Wrote:The whole point of me saying he was not 100% is that that is the reason that he at sometimes was not nearly as effective as he can be last season. You ever try to pitch with a pulled hamstring? Aint easy.

I dont suppose you ever saw him go into the bottom of the 7th win a no hitter going against the likes of Lexington Dunbar, or PRP. I have seen him do it twice. How's that for flying colors.

My question is that if you know so much about what Pikeville has this season, then why start this thread to begin with?

robert an carter are the only ones i know about
in the thread i asked for people no one has ever heard of.
Because i dont think these three can save the staff alone
Eagle Dad Wrote:robert an carter are the only ones i know about
in the thread i asked for people no one has ever heard of.
Because i dont think these three can save the staff alone
Who ever boasted that they were going to be a powerhouse to begin with. I think everyone in Pikeville knows they are in a rebuilding mode and that they will be pretty young overall.
rooster Wrote:Who ever boasted that they were going to be a powerhouse to begin with. I think everyone in Pikeville knows they are in a rebuilding mode and that they will be pretty young overall.

i agree

and after this year when carter, hall, and boyd are gone
then they will be even younger(experience wize) on the mound.
Eagle Dad Wrote:i agree

and after this year when carter, hall, and boyd are gone
then they will be even younger(experience wize) on the mound.
That may be so, but I can assure you that they do have some good young players coming up.
rooster Wrote:That may be so, but I can assure you that they do have some good young players coming up.

Well wich ones have you seen play?
Eagle Dad Wrote:Well wich ones have you seen play?
Just about all of them.
rooster Wrote:Just about all of them.

May i have names and discriptions?

Hahah
Eagle Dad Wrote:May i have names and discriptions?

Hahah
Houston Mcanallen, Patrick Keene, Luke Huffman, Clark Keene are a few I can name right off the tip of my tounge. How's that for starters?

Evidently Pikeville has worn everybody out so long down there that you are really getting off on the thoughts that someone else in Pike Co. may have a shot at beating them. You better work your tails off to do it, because they sure will be.
rooster Wrote:Houston Mcanallen, Patrick Keene, Luke Huffman, Clark Keene are a few I can name right off the tip of my tounge. How's that for starters?

Evidently Pikeville has worn everybody out so long down there that you are really getting off on the thoughts that someone else in Pike Co. may have a shot at beating them. You better work your tails off to do it, because they sure will be.

no i still think pikeville is the best team in the county.

is anyone of these people on the staff?

i know the huffman kid is
is he any good?
Will he be as good as his brother?
Eagle Dad Wrote:no i still think pikeville is the best team in the county.

is anyone of these people on the staff?

i know the huffman kid is
is he any good?
Will he be as good as his brother?
They are all good, and will get better because they work at it.
Not very strong staff. They will struggle alot.
Jager Wrote:Not very strong staff. They will struggle alot.

They may not be as good as years past but they are still above at least half of the region. This group of teammates really wants to learn and are determined to become better and work alot harder than the previous years.
I used to live around that area and watched most of these kids grow up through the little league and babe ruth leagues in pikeville, chase huffman was a great pitcher as was anderson, but if you look through the past, just when pikeville was losing a great pitcher, i can't recall exactly but i wanna say hunter smith??? a couple years ago who went straight into the minors out of high school if i recall, as his age left they had many holes to fill, wheter pikeville is short staffed or not, they have the talent in younger kids, and kids that want to be there, they will fill these holes and if luke turns out to be anything like chase he'll be great, carter used to pitch good haven't seen him in awhile, and the others well im not sure about them
Pikeville Baseball is a true program.....When great players leave, they have many players that are very capable ready to step in.
devilsstar Wrote:I used to live around that area and watched most of these kids grow up through the little league and babe ruth leagues in pikeville, chase huffman was a great pitcher as was anderson, but if you look through the past, just when pikeville was losing a great pitcher, i can't recall exactly but i wanna say hunter smith??? a couple years ago who went straight into the minors out of high school if i recall, as his age left they had many holes to fill, wheter pikeville is short staffed or not, they have the talent in younger kids, and kids that want to be there, they will fill these holes and if luke turns out to be anything like chase he'll be great, carter used to pitch good haven't seen him in awhile, and the others well im not sure about them

Hunter didnt go to the minors
he went to geogetown
Not quite the minor leagues
Eagle Dad Wrote:Hunter didnt go to the minors
he went to geogetown
Not quite the minor leagues
okay thank you, my memory was that he tried out with a minor league team, but thank you for the correction
I think that you can say it will be young and inexperienced after a couple of kids.