Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25 years ago tonight
I didn't really know where to put this one because we don't really have a sports forum for it.

But 25 years ago tonight the world changed especially the hockey world.

USA beat the RED ARMY team of the USSR to advance to the Gold Medal game against Finland.

The game will air at 8PM on ESPN classic if you have a chance be sure to watch it this was some game.

Of course not many of you on here were even thought of at the time of the game but it really did change the world.

The Gold medal game against Finland will be on Thursday night.

So watch it then go rent Miracle.
I heard all about this growing up.. Team USA finally beat Russian, but wasn't htere some controversy over it?
Way to go USA this is the only time i get into hockey. Okay me liking hockey is over now
Congrats.....Ummmm 25 years late

I was only 11 years old at the time...You other kids were not even thought of yet.
Not really CTD just a major surprise.
I thought that somehow they won the gold or something and later it got taken away or something like that?
They ended up winning gold mario....they had to beat a team in the finals...Finland I think...

But this victory was a huge event with all the tension and everything between the US ans the USSR. I can just imagine how great the atmosphere had to be....I got to see the end of the game as it was on ESPN over the weekend....Sunday night I think...it was awesome to watch the real thing but the movie (Miracle) is REALLY good to and is a must watch if you love sports movies!
Very good BEEF especially coming from one of our young guns.

I was young at the time but can really remember this one.

Your correct they did beat Finland two days later.

Posted Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:34 pm:

This game wasn't even on live it was replayed late.
One of America's greatest Olympic victories.
Your so right Godfather.
One day before this happened Bon Scott died. The greatest blue shouter to ever grace the stage.
Ac/Dc was great...
Is great my friend, is great.