Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County 73 - Pike County Central 55
15thRegionX Wrote:That was over 2 months ago. Magoffin is playing way better than they were then. They have beaten all the top teams in the last couple of weeks. Beat Belfry, SV, and now PCC by double digits.

YES i agree it was along time ago,but it was this year...the same gurls.
Honestly none of this counts come tourney time.
last year no one thought PCC and MC would be playing in the championship game together.
Mc played great Pc didnt play well at all, and all of this stuff about MC being #1 didnt pc beat them earlier in the year when ashley and haley played?
I really don't care who played and didn't play. You play with what you bring to the floor.

I would rather talk about the interior defense of Magoffin County and how well they played. Megan Powers, Brianna Adams and Felicia Prater, played extremely well on the inside defensively and offensively. The size of Magoffin County on the inside seemed to give Pike Central some problems.
magic man Wrote:I really don't care who played and didn't play. You play with what you bring to the floor.

I would rather talk about the interior defense of Magoffin County and how well they played. Megan Powers, Brianna Adams and Felicia Prater, played extremely well on the inside defensively and offensively. The size of Magoffin County on the inside seemed to give Pike Central some problems.

Which is sad because isn't pike central suppose to have 2 of the best post in the region?
I thought the inside play of Pike Central would hurt Magoffin, but I guess I was wrong!
the thing is we can sit here and talk about this game all day but the fact of the matter is the chances are these two teams will meet up again and the past two games will not mean crap and im sure Butcher and his lady Hawks have that in the back of their minds...
StillAnMCfan Wrote:You seem to forget Ashley Jade didn't play either. Consider then Ashley's 20-25 points, where then do you stand.

Both played earlier in the season and it was 14 the other way. ( I know that was earlier in the season but come tourny time I see these two teams again in the finals.) These two girls that were on the bench create an entirely different game. Great win by the Hornets. They played with HEART and I definitely cannot say that for the Hawks.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:the thing is we can sit here and talk about this game all day but the fact of the matter is the chances are these two teams will meet up again and the past two games will not mean crap and im sure Butcher and his lady Hawks have that in the back of their minds...

AGREED 100 percent, I'd LOVE to see a rematch of last years regional championship game!
BleedsBlue Wrote:I don't - PC was playing without Ratliff and if she were in the game the 18 points the hornets won by would have been Haley's usual game total points - so this game proves nothing -

This is probably the worst argument I have ever heard.
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:
Which is sad because isn't pike central suppose to have 2 of the best post in the region?

I thought the inside play of Pike Central would hurt Magoffin, but I guess I was wrong!
Magoffin's inside dosen't receive the credit they deserve; because of the great guard play they have.
But when called upon, Powers and Adams will contribute.
Tricky Wrote:Magoffin's inside dosen't receive the credit they deserve; because of the great guard play they have.
But when called upon, Powers and Adams will contribute.
\
agreed,they dont get the credit they deserve!
Has the district tournaments been played and the regional bracket been drawn? NO! We can speculate on which teams will make the regional tournament and hope for teams to play one another in the championship game, but we have to wait until after districts to see if it is at all possible. Futhermore, the regional champion will be the team that steps up their play during the tournament, get a few breaks, and has a little luck. One thing is for certain though, any team in the 15th region has a shot at winning the title. Good luck to all the teams in the 15th.