Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 3A Rankings 10/31
Ghostofjoey Wrote:At least this site doesn't prop up Paducah Tilghman at every turn. Bluegrasspreps has PT ranked ahead of Caldwell. Caldwell has a better record against a better schedule and they drilled PT @ PT.

Nope, we are blessed with a loyal following of haters.
Mayfield is just a group of consistently muscular lads.
They have a group of great posters
And another group
Belfry will win the next 4 years. 2017 will be a close one but we will. 18 and 19 they smoke everybody.
That's a bold statement. Esp considering that Corbin should have everything back next year. Caldwell Co will return most of their team next year. PT feels as though they are on the rise. And of course, you still have South Warren, Franklin Simpson, Boyle County, Lexington Catholic and Central in 3a. I don't think that is near a for sure thing as you think.
What has Mayfield got to do with this Tica?
mysonis55 Wrote:That's a bold statement. Esp considering that Corbin should have everything back next year. Caldwell Co will return most of their team next year. PT feels as though they are on the rise. And of course, you still have South Warren, Franklin Simpson, Boyle County, Lexington Catholic and Central in 3a. I don't think that is near a for sure thing as you think.

South Warren and Franklin Simpson are 4A

You are struggling this week. Might want to stick to discussing 2A for a while until you get your bearings back straight haha
Thanks EKU. Momentary old folks memory kicked in. It's still a tall prediction. Esp considering over the majority of years, Central has pretty much been the king of that class and they always have talent. A lot of which will start to flow back if DeSales has many more years in which they don't win a title.
mysonis55 Wrote:Thanks EKU. Momentary old folks memory kicked in. It's still a tall prediction. Esp considering over the majority of years, Central has pretty much been the king of that class and they always have talent. A lot of which will start to flow back if DeSales has many more years in which they don't win a title.

Welll our 2nd string line is a bunch of big boys and they have played more than our varsity has this year we got guys to step in trust me we will be fine for 2017 they will still be chasing us for the title TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
mysonis55 Wrote:Thanks EKU. Momentary old folks memory kicked in. It's still a tall prediction. Esp considering over the majority of years, Central has pretty much been the king of that class and they always have talent. A lot of which will start to flow back if DeSales has many more years in which they don't win a title.

The King has been dethroned and the new king wears red.
You Belfry folk are what the USA needs on our front lines!! Jus think how much time, money we could've saved with you world beaters in the Middle East. I can see it now, pirates vs. jihad. They don't have a chance!!!! They would walk single file onto your ship. Scared to death!!
The rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say is. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. You will Fall, and when you do. Maybe it's week 4 at Campbell, maybe 2017, 2020, etc. Kleenex will be a dandy company to buy stock in.
[quote=HighViz]You Belfry folk are what the USA needs on our front lines!! Jus think how much time, money we could've saved with you world beaters in the Middle East. I can see it now, pirates vs. jihad. They don't have a chance!!!! They would walk single file onto your ship. Scared to death!!
The rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say is. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. You will Fall, and when you do. Maybe it's week 4 at Campbell, maybe 2017, 2020, etc. Kleenex will be a dandy company to buy stock in.[/QUOTE

All good things come to a end but for now we will just keep doing what we done for the past few years
I am a fan of Tiger Woods, fan of Alabama Football, Kentucky Basketball, etc... And I'd hate to see the powers eventually Fall... I want them to stay on top! They work hard and deserve it.. However, the attitudes and arrogance of the pirates and their followers makes me wanna see that giant fall... You all are pretty hard to root for, that's just my opinion tho.. But I'm sure there are several others that will agree and I'm not on an island. I'm glad you win, you work your tail off, glad you are from Eastern Ky and West Virginia and you lay the smack down on City kids. I like the discipline they play with and give 110% every play.. but I'm tellin ya, you guys are Like a Duke or Louisville to me. You can't be good and keep your mouth shut at the same time.

I think it is a very bold claim as well, but you do have to recall about 3 years ago there were posters you specifically were taking to task because they were predicting 4 straight Titles with that Freshman Class. Well now fast forward and look where we are.

Central was the King of the Class (with Belfry right on their heels), and Belfry has now taken that throne for the time being. Not sure it stays that way..but for now Belfry is the cock of the walk.

Here is what I will say about Belfry. I am not as optimistic about next year as some... no way you replace that many 3 and 4 year starters and high end talents without a noticable dropoff. With that said, the cupboard is stocked about as well as one could wish.

Until last weekend Belfry had won 4 consecutive Middle School Championships and the current Freshman Class has been probably been the best TEAM of the group. The current Seniors started the trend but were not as dominant of an overall team in 8th Grade. Even this year the Middle School Pirates only lost twice the entire season (both to LexCath in tight games) and beat Johnson Central.

Personally speaking, between graduation and the dwindling economy, and with programs like Boyle County having a bumper crop of talent in the mix, I will not touch predicting 3 or 4 more titles in the next 4 years.

With that said Belfry should sustain themselves at a Championship Contending type of level and if the current Freshman Class develops in the system they will be very,very good in 2-3 years.
We Belfry fans know that all great things come to an end. And we know that the epic run our football program is on will eventually slow down a bit. But for now we recognize we have something good going on. It's not that we think we can beat the world but that we want nothing more than to see our kids succeed. The same as any fan base. When the time comes we are level headed enough to admit when we are down. The fact is that most people don't like us because we are so successful over the past decade.
One only has to look at Ft. Campbell to see what happens to a top-dawg program when the music stops. The Falcons won 72 games in five years from 04-09. In the past three years, they have won a combined 7 games.
HighViz Wrote:I am a fan of Tiger Woods, fan of Alabama Football, Kentucky Basketball, etc... And I'd hate to see the powers eventually Fall... I want them to stay on top! They work hard and deserve it.. However, the attitudes and arrogance of the pirates and their followers makes me wanna see that giant fall... You all are pretty hard to root for, that's just my opinion tho.. But I'm sure there are several others that will agree and I'm not on an island. I'm glad you win, you work your tail off, glad you are from Eastern Ky and West Virginia and you lay the smack down on City kids. I like the discipline they play with and give 110% every play.. but I'm tellin ya, you guys are Like a Duke or Louisville to me. You can't be good and keep your mouth shut at the same time.

Just lump all Belfry fans in together. Real nice. Even the arrogant ones on here are, in real life, some of the best people you will ever know. They love their team and community and the only reason they fire off at the mouth a little bit is because they have the ammo to back it up.
Btw, I'm a huge UK basketball fan and Tide football and Tiger fan too.
I was just saying we're going to be pretty good next year to he was acting like we going to down and out the more he talks the bigger prick he gets to be