Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Storm expected for Tuesday
1 inch is supposed to be picked up during the day, but 4 to 6 inches is expected over night. Everyone above Interstate 64 is expected to get 3-6 inches. Everyone between Interstate 64 and Hal Rodgers Parkway are expected to get 2-4 inches. South of Hal Rodgers Parkway should pick up an inch or two.

School will probabley be cancelled for the rest of the week through much of Eastern Kentucky.
Basically everyone form Wheelwright to Greenup is screwed for the next few days.
Ouch, sounds great for school closings though..lol Though, I'd much rather go in June for a few days than now.
BRING IT..I am ready to go snowboarding!!!!!!!!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Ouch, sounds great for school closings though..lol Though, I'd much rather go in June for a few days than now.

As of Thursday last week we had 4 banked days left. Some schools in pike co. didn't have that many due to funerals and other things but East Ridge and feeder schools had 4 as of Thursday. We missed Friday, Monday, and Tuesday so that leaves us 1 more day and then we have to start making them up. I'm pretty sure that I have this right anyway.
1 day and 4 hours left, you were close.
Some schools are already over their bank time... As of today!!! We are (with Tuesday) now 10 hours in the hole!! LOL..... Oh well, I guess we will just have to make em' up!!
I think Floyd has like 3 or 4 days left in the bank.
Im glad we get out of school.
I really hope we get A LOT of snow!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am soo sick of snow and freezing cold temperatures! Today when I went to class it was 4 degrees with a wind chill of like -4. I'm soo tired of it! I am come to face that fact that EKU is NEVER going to cancel classes.
Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!!!!!!
Hope it comes a blizzard here in Somerset!
DTfan Wrote:I am soo sick of snow and freezing cold temperatures! Today when I went to class it was 4 degrees with a wind chill of like -4. I'm soo tired of it! I am come to face that fact that EKU is NEVER going to cancel classes.

Welcome to the adult world where college/work are hardly ever on a snow schedule. I, too, use to be a big fan of snow knowing that it would mean a extended vacation from school. Now, on the other hand, hate the white stuff and the cold temps as I still have to get out of my warm bed and venture out to work.
AWW...Be a teacher, lol!
Fayette County has already sent the kids home. It is snowing in louisville right now.3-6 inches is in the forecast in Lexington witht he heaviest falling between 6-10 pm tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope we get 3 feet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:I hope we get 3 feet.
I second that!
Dream_Weaver Wrote:Welcome to the adult world where college/work are hardly ever on a snow schedule. I, too, use to be a big fan of snow knowing that it would mean a extended vacation from school. Now, on the other hand, hate the white stuff and the cold temps as I still have to get out of my warm bed and venture out to work.

You're telling me. I use to live for snow days except the first half of my senior year when my leg was broke and I couldn't go sledding. Now I hate it. Temp's above 25 are okay...but when I'm walking in 4 and 5 degree temperatures to class I tend to not like it.

BTW, don't attempt to walk on a blacktop walkway that goes up hill when there's ice on it....I did earlier and almost fell on my butt...oh well gotta love the walk to class...
DTfan Wrote:I am soo sick of snow and freezing cold temperatures! Today when I went to class it was 4 degrees with a wind chill of like -4. I'm soo tired of it! I am come to face that fact that EKU is NEVER going to cancel classes.

Yep, get used to it. I have been at EKU for 3 years and I have never EVER had a class canceled or been on a delay.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:AWW...Be a teacher, lol!

Too late for me...BUT that is what my daughter is going to school for. Apparently she's a bit smarter than I was...
I must not be too smart then...I'm majoring in Occupational Therapy so unless a hopsital closes no snow days for me later in life.
Sounds like your smart to me, you've chose a good field to major in.

But I say your right about the lack of snow days in your future..*S*
Was snowing good here in Lexington but nothing now. Probably all we will get. I wouldn't be surprised. Here is a pic from a minute ago.
yeah really... hopefully I'll end of living in like California or somewhere warm.
Cali Wrote:Yep, get used to it. I have been at EKU for 3 years and I have never EVER had a class canceled or been on a delay.

Well...I've been here for 1/2 a year and just had my night class canceled because of snow.
So I take it this is the first class canceled for EKU in 3 years because of snow?
Looks like Cali just has bad luck being there for 3 years and never having a class canceled and DTfans only been there a semester and had her first class canceled...LOL...funny