Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butler Co 6 @ Mayfield 49
It was rough to see a qb as awesome as King Rex go down like this. The kid had one heck of a high school career. At least he has one state championship ring. The Cards looked pretty sharp rushing out to a 42-0 halftime lead. They let the jv take the controls in the second half. Next week the Cards face a team that hung 42 on these Butler Co Bears.
Congrats to Mayfield.
Fellas, make no mistake about it, this score or the score of this game last year is no indication of how King Rex played. I will say in my personal opinion that he is the best qb to play against Mayfield since Sindelar. This kid will do big things at the next level. On a side note, he caught Jack Murrell and Trajon Bright from behind last night. Dude can fly and was also the majority of their defense.
Sad to say i dont think he is going to play at the next level .Frustrated at the lack of offers.Not only a great player he is an excellent young man I have known him his whole life got to coach him when he was young in baseball and football i always said at that age the best athlete I had ever seen.I hope nothing but the best for him.On a side note his coach won 2a coach of the year he might want to give to Rex.
Anyone have any stats from the game?
Total yards 495 for Mayfield, 159 for Butler county, with Mayfield jv playing much of the 2nd half.
If memory serves me correctly, I think Butler had 3 first downs before varsity sat down.
Packer, I think you may be wrong. There were several Murray State scouts there looking at Rex.
Hope Murray state got a real look at Trajon Bright and not be fooled by his size their are smaller backs in college that have shined him not getting any offers is bs in my opinion.
I know that Lindsey Wilson considers him their #1 option at back. It's not as big as Murray St but, they are in the top 5 in the nation in NAIA and I think still undefeated.
By the way, congrats to Nick Workman for picking up two offers to play college ball this week. I understand he has at least 3 more waiting in the wings. His parents are so proud.
Congrats to Nick
His parents should be proud
That #8 guy, I hear he has a wonderful mother, but his father.....well you know. Lol
Yep, he was a bit hampered on the paternal side.
Answer ur pm 55.
I'm not seeing any new pm.
Try again
I got it now.
oldcardfan Wrote:That #8 guy, I hear he has a wonderful mother, but his father.....well you know. Lol

I dont know his mother, but figured she must be alright to tack up the slack from his father. What a loser:biglmao:
I know. I don't like that guy.