Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 UK Football Recruiting
Axel Foley Wrote:Heard 60/40 Wills flips to Kentucky.

I feel as though he will, I think he would actually be better off going to Kentucky instead of Alabama.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Danny Davis set to make his announcement at 2:30PM EST tomorrow
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Davis and Wills seem to be the two players that the Kentucky coaching staff are putting all the effort towards in the last 24 hours before NSD.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Davis and Wills seem to be the two players that the Kentucky coaching staff are putting all the effort towards in the last 24 hours before NSD.

Both would be huge gets and propel this class up the rankings. Fingers crossed.
Davis is going to Wisconsin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Davis is going to Wisconsin

Yes, I saw that.
Well this was a rather disappointing NSD in my opinion. Wills didn't flip, Davis went to Wisconsin, Munford went to Ohio State, and Yeast stuck with Loserville.

We still got a really good class for Kentucky standards and I am excited to see what will happen in the upcoming season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am excited as well, how do we stack compared to the rest of the SEC?
I know JaVonte Richardson was our highest ranked recruit, but i'm pumped for Lynn Bowden, everyone should go check his highlight tape out on youtube, he is a very, very good football player.
Stoops says this is his best recruiting class since he's been at Kentucky
mr.fundamental Wrote:I am excited as well, how do we stack compared to the rest of the SEC?

According to Rivals, we had the 26th best recruiting class, which would be our 2nd best ever, but I truly believe that this will turn out to be our best recruiting class in the Stoops Era!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Daido chooses a football future with Kentucky

John Daido decided to commit to a football future at the University of Kentucky on National Signing Day.

It didn't get the publicity that the signed letters of intent did. Daido will be a preferred walk-on. But he picked Kentucky at the invitation of John Schlarman and the staff, so his future coaches believe he can make an impact on the program in the years ahead.

Daido is a 6-foot-5, 205-pound wide receiver/tight end from Vienna (Va.) Oakton has never actually taken a visit to Kentucky.

"I visit the school in two weeks," Daido told Cats Illustrated this week. "On the 24th and 25th (of February)."

While he's never been to the school, Daido has heard plenty about the state. His father played football at Western Kentucky when he was in college. Because of that history with the Hilltoppers, he's just as excited for Daido's college future as his son is.

"My dad was a middle linebacker back in the 80's for Western Kentucky," Daido said. "He loved it. I was looking at Kentucky and he was happy because he goes up there all the time to visit. He lived there for a little bit and loves the state."

Daido didn't choose the preferred walk-on route at Kentucky until last Wednesday, on National Signing Day.

"I just thought it was the right time for me and for my family so I decided to become a Wildcat," Daido said.

The preferred walk-on offer arose "probably about a week and a half before Signing Day, on the 19th or 20th of January," Daido recalled.

Daido isn't sure when Schlarman and the UK staff first started evaluating him. But he had been in contact with recruiting assistant Josh Estes-Waugh, who had been in touch through e-mail.

"We were talking about my tape and I told him I have a really big interest in Kentucky. One day he told me he'd love to have me and he wanted me to become a Wildcat," Daido said.

Ole Miss, Syracuse and Charlotte were the other schools that had been in the most contact with Daido.

Last year at Oakton High School the Class of 2017 recruit played wide receiver. Oakton's starting quarterback was hurt in the first game and that impacting the program's passing game capability in a big way, but Daido still had around 30 catches for 450 yards and four touchdowns.

Daido is expecting to play tight end, not receiver, at Kentucky.

https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/daido-c...h-kentucky
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The cats are getting players that all the good teams don't want, always been this way
Megget Wrote:The cats are getting players that all the good teams don't want, always been this way

Maybe in Joker's days. Go to rivals and look at the offer list of the guys we have committed, most of them have several P5 offers. Stoops, Vince Marrow and Eddie Gran are putting in a lot of work on the recruiting trail.
Megget Wrote:The cats are getting players that all the good teams don't want, always been this way
Not anymore.
UKisN1 Wrote:Not anymore.

Wait and see, they can not compete in the SEC. Just can't get enough of the top players, hopefully it will change but I don't see it
https://kentucky.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

Look who was recruiting them.
UKisN1 Wrote:https://kentucky.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

Look who got them, lol if the top teams really wanted them they would have got them. I understand that we all want the cats to be a top team in football but not going to happen
Your glass is half empty
UKisN1 Wrote:Your glass is half empty

I'm just being truthful and you are just wanting to argue or just don't know any better
No just stating facts..difference between argument and debate.
UKisN1 Wrote:No just stating facts..difference between argument and debate.

What facts?? When KY starts beating the top team's then you can say that you are stating facts until then you are arguing. Now that's stating facts! !
Thread is about recruiting not wins that is debating
UKisN1 Wrote:Thread is about recruiting not wins that is debating

Recruiting is about winning and you can call it debating or arguing lol
We are not getting really good players and that is a fact. We here the same story every year
Megget Wrote:We are not getting really good players and that is a fact. We here the same story every year

We hear the same story every year
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Maybe in Joker's days. Go to rivals and look at the offer list of the guys we have committed, most of them have several P5 offers. Stoops, Vince Marrow and Eddie Gran are putting in a lot of work on the recruiting trail.

No doubt they are working hard and doing their very best but still not going to compete with the top teams in the sec
Got Stanley Garner from South Florida yesterday, a big 6'4 cornerback a lot like current DBs Derrick Baity and Chris Westry. Ranked #31 CB in the class of 2018, but you guys should check his offer sheet, he had offers from literally EVERYBODY!! Great pickup for UK and Eddie Gran is really getting it done on the recruiting trail in South Florida.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2...rner-40568
Looks like you are correct
UKisN1 Wrote:https://kentucky.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

I have to agree with megget, we are getting the leftovers