Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan County Open
Gene Peterson has resigned after one season to become part of the staff at Morehead State per The Morehead News. Where do the Vikings look to for their next coach?
I have heard that Austin Maples, and Matt Chandler are interested. Two very good young coaches, that have been or are offensive coordinators.
RPO Wrote:I have heard that Austin Maples, and Matt Chandler are interested. Two very good young coaches, that have been or are offensive coordinators.

Chandler was at MoCo I believe. Where is Maples?
Kelly Ford has put a lot of time in at Rowan County as an assistant. I know he wants the job and should be given an opportunity at it.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Chandler was at MoCo I believe. Where is Maples?
Maples has been at Montgomery County since 2012. Was the offensive coordinator in 2014 and 2015. Chandler was there in 2014, then went to Russell Co as the OC in 2015, and was the OC this past season at Letcher Central. He once was at Rowan under both Brown and Singleton.
thecoacher Wrote:Kelly Ford has put a lot of time in at Rowan County as an assistant. I know he wants the job and should be given an opportunity at it.

From what I'm hearing, expect him to be named. It might be as soon as tomorrow (Monday).
The WR coach at Morehaed st will be accepting the job
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:From what I'm hearing, expect him to be named. It might be as soon as tomorrow (Monday).

There are some that wanted him after Graham and not Peterson.
Wrangler Wrote:The WR coach at Morehaed st will be accepting the job

Jameson Stephens?
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:There are some that wanted him after Graham and not Peterson.

I can totally understand why they want to stay in house. In times like this where there has been a lot of recent turnover, then go with the guy that's already there who is Rowan County all the way to his core.

With stability comes success more times than the other way around.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I can totally understand why they want to stay in house. In times like this where there has been a lot of recent turnover, then go with the guy that's already there who is Rowan County all the way to his core.

With stability comes success more times than the other way around.

He was the choice of some of "the parents".... does that change your thoughts?
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:He was the choice of some of "the parents".... does that change your thoughts?

To be fair, I don't know enough about that entire situation to say one way or another.

I just know this will be their 3rd in as many seasons, and their 5th in the last 9 seasons...so, I can get why they'd hire somebody who has seemed to be the one constant through all of those changes.