Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont you just hate it when ...
middle school players are held back and they are supposed to be sophomores playing 8th grade ball as 8th graders .. totally unfair imo .. there should be a rule bout this .. has ne one heard of robby stencil for a clark co middle school .. he is driving i heard in middle school .. crazy ..
How many years was he held back??
Theres no way he could be driving in middle school and if so he wouldnt be allowed to play his senior year,
and there all rules on this topic,but it should be the parents decision no matter what, if they want their kid in school for one more year, another year at home..why not? Their choice...
breakingankles Wrote:middle school players are held back and they are supposed to be sophomores playing 8th grade ball as 8th graders .. totally unfair imo .. there should be a rule bout this .. has ne one heard of robby stencil for a clark co middle school .. he is driving i heard in middle school .. crazy ..

2 years? 16 and driving in 8th grade? Sounds like he wont be playing as a senior if Ive read the KHSAA right and from what everyones told me.
Yeah there are alot of kids that have been held back in the past few years! alot of people tried saying that Daniel Harmon drove to school a few years back but he never did so you cant always believe what they say! but they are some held back a few years!
He wont be able to play High School ball because he'll be to old
Just The Way It Is!
It's not unfair when your school can hold back too.. and there is a rule you can't turn 15 before Aug 1st and play 8th grade bball
Everybody thinks that just because kids are held back that they are older than everybody else. Well that is not true. I decided to hold my son back this year and one of the reasons was because of his age. My son would have been 16 years old as a senior if I hadn't held him back. So don't think just because they are hold backs that they are 15 and 16 years old. Some people want to use that as an excuse when they get beat by a team. It happens everywhere and it will start being more often in the years to come. It can be a great thing for certain kids. It was the best thing that I could have done for my son personnally.
It all depends on the kid. There ARE good reasons for holding them back but SOME are for athletic reasons only. I know 2 mothers [related] that held their sons back strictly for sports. They let them play another year of junior high basketball. The boys had ALWAYS been extremely smart and probably never received a B in their entire lives. They transferred them to different schools the year before this because of the basketball program and drove them an extra 15-20 minutes to school each morning. If all of the parents that had NOT taken their kids out of school A to go play for school B, then school A would have a team JUST like school B and would be able to compete better. They think though that they should take them over there to play JUNIOR HIGH ball and THAT will give them an edge later on. The high school is consolidated so they would be going to the SAME one whether they went to either A or B elementary/junior high school. There is also another mom in that family that has already transferred her two kids over to the other school and I'm just waiting on her to hold on back, probably the younger son moreso than the daughter. Point being, holding back kids and making this huge deal out of where they go to school JUST for athletics is dumb, just plain dumb. Focus on an education. Kids are 10 times more likely to be accepted into college with a good EDUCATIONAL background and 100 times more likely to get scholarships for being SMART.

well i think its their desision because they wont be able to play when a senor cause they will be 19.
There should be some sort of age rule in middle school such as they can't play if they turn 15 while in the 8th grade.
That would be great First Time. That would eliminate 16-17 years old playing against 10-11 year olds in some cases.

Yea I do..especially in football...Belfry used freshmen in the county chip. I saw them.
P-Ville.25 Wrote:Yea I do..especially in football...Belfry used freshmen in the county chip. I saw them.

Pikeville is bad for it too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
our whole team was 7th and 8th graders...but about 4 hold backs...
P-Ville.25 Wrote:our whole team was 7th and 8th graders...but about 4 hold backs...

When I went to school there we had probably 10 people hold back in 8th grade, in order to play another year of junior high f-ball.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
every school does that.........im talkin like a 3rd year of jr. high football
P-Ville.25 Wrote:every school does that.........im talkin like a 3rd year of jr. high football

Yeah, so am I.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
u mean u went to p-ville?
P-Ville.25 Wrote:u mean u went to p-ville?

Yeah.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You can PM me for details.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cool NO, Just, No
P-Ville.25 Wrote:Yea I do..especially in football...Belfry used freshmen in the county chip. I saw them.
What is a county chip?
The Guru Wrote:What is a county chip?

Lol, I'm not sure either.....someone was just post-padding.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think he ment the Pike County Championship.

Belfry Middle did NOT play freshman in the Pike County championship game.
warriorpride Wrote:I think he ment the Pike County Championship.
Oh....OK....I had heard of "cow chips", and just thought......"Wow....they have a county chip in Pike County???? and Belfry stooped so low as to use freshmen chips???"
yea, i ment county championship..and belfry was low enough to use freshman cuz they want a good rep. for all we know the high school is using college ppl.
KHSAA rules state that if you turn 19 prior to August 1 then you are ineligible to play any sport, if you turn 19 after August 1 then you would be eligible for that year.

So if a kid wanted to play during his senior year of high school he could not be over 15 by August 1 of his 8th grade year.