Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel vs Clay County 03/02/17
Wheatfarmer Wrote:Totally my opinion: You can flush whatever you may know/have seen about the Tigers up until tournament time. It is irrelevant. Clay is a tournament team and will bring it...period! Whichever team executes their game plan the best will win this game. Can Clay slow it down and run the inside/out game efficiently? Can the Cards run the Tiger's tongue's out on the big floor with their speed/depth? The team that gets to put a checkmark beside that box will win...plain and simple. The experience that is carried over from last year will no doubt give South Laurel an advantage. Just like someone mentioned earlier...the best team don't always win. I have not heard a report on Coach Davis' health after having to leave District Championship game Friday night and go to the hospital. I pray he is able to be on the bench with his Cards. #GoTigers
This is exactly right, IMO. Clay has always been a "tournament team". I'm not saying that they will win, but if they do pull this game out, I will not be surprised.

ky playmaker Wrote:South Laurel will have to play well against clay co half court zone when they cant push the ball It wouldnt surprise me to see clay in some junk defenses
Junk defenses and crazy plays. Add no quit attitude by CC.
It's gonna be a great game, IMO.
South kick it in gear and wins 68-58
I'm going to pick Clay in an upset 54-50. If Clay can execute they have a chance, if they don't things might get ugly.
Game should be close until second quarter, then South Laurel, goes on to a 12-15 point win.
South by 20 +
South 67 Clay 55