Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Stoops gets contract extension
Stoops' amendment extends his contract from June 30, 2020 to June 30, 2022. He is currently due a total guaranteed compensation of $3.5 million for the current year. The total increases $250,000 in each successive year, including the two years added as part of this amendment.
Again Barnhead proves why he is consider the worst AD in the power 5 conferences.
Dude, give Stoops and the UK staff and administration a break for Christ sakes. Stoops took a team and has improved them each year and got to a bowl game this season and also beat Louisville for the first time in a long time.
From the KSR radio show this morning;

Every 7 wins Stoops gets, he automatically gets another year added to his contract.

For every 7+ win, he gets an extra quarter million dollars. So if he gets 10 wins, then it's a million dollars on top of what he makes.

The bad thing is, he has a $1MIL buyout.
Strikeout King Wrote:Dude, give Stoops and the UK staff and administration a break for Christ sakes. Stoops took a team and has improved them each year and got to a bowl game this season and also beat Louisville for the first time in a long time.

I've never said a bad word about Stoops, he inherited a terrible situation,but if you can hold a straight face and tell us that Stoops will lead us to a SEC championship in the next 4 years, then it is a good move, but if you can't this makes this a terrible move. Just stateing the facts.
What are you guys, something like 1-59 with Florida and Tennessee over the past 30 years?
Anyone know why we are losing players? Lost the 3rd today due to transfer in as many weeks. What's going on in Lexington.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Anyone know why we are losing players? Lost the 3rd today due to transfer in as many weeks. What's going on in Lexington.

They picked up a transfer punter
Strikeout King Wrote:They picked up a transfer punter
Yeah I seen that. An Aussie if I'm thinking straight. Those guys usually are some damn good punters
Demarcus ware Wrote:Anyone know why we are losing players? Lost the 3rd today due to transfer in as many weeks. What's going on in Lexington.

I would say most are realizing they are not SEC talent.
Strikeout King Wrote:They picked up a transfer punter

As the OLE BALL COACH says Punter U.