Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cassius Clay? America's Biggest Coward?
I say yes.
Once upon a time, a fisherman, angry about the squalor of his own boat, threw out a line, casting about for a fish called Trolling. The fish, recognizing the bait, swam away.
No it didn't......:devilflam
Bob Seger Wrote:No it didn't......:devilflam

Sure it did
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Sure it did

Post #2 and #4 says it didn't.
Bob Seger Wrote:Post #2 and #4 says it didn't.

Sure it did
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Sure it did

lol
My vote for biggest American coward would go to Barack Hussein Obama. He spent 8 years in the most powerful government position in the world and back peddled away from every single challenge to our national security. North Korea, Iran, and every other legitimate threat to the security and safety of American citizens is far greater than it was when he took office. The is the legacy of the most cowardly "man" to ever hold the title of American President. It is humiliating to think that my fellow citizens voted the coward into office, not once, but twice, and probably would have continued voting him into office if the law allowed a third term.

Ali/Clay was a profile in courage when compared with the mouse that vacated the Oval Office in January. When faced with the choice of fight or flight, I cannot imagine Obama deciding to fight his own battle unless his opponent was a very weak woman or young child.

I believe that Ali's decision was driven by money rather than cowardice. He underestimated the backlash of public opinion that resulted in his loss of many multi-million paydays when one state boxing commission after another refused to sanction Ali fights after he refused his country's call of duty. I was never a fan, but I have less respect for Obama than I have for any other well known historical figure, living or dead.