Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 55 Shelby Valley 44
SV fans don't blame this one on the refs! They let both teams play and that played right into PC game because they didn't get in foul trouble and they are a lot bigger which allowed them to go for the block a lot more. Pc just played better in the second half.
Congrats on a big win.
laying on the floor the is not considered walking,unless you get up without dribbling,which Haley did do,she got up dribbling,and as for as calling carrying the ball they called in on both teams twice.Central just outplayed them the second half.
imo, valley has size with the smallwood twins, they just couldn't do anything with A.D.and Kayla lowe . I thought it was a good game, and if they meet again I think it will be a repeat of last night, Pike Central will win again imo, not to make people mad or anything just how I feel. But like someone said on here already these 2 teams will be great to watch for the next few years because they both have alot of talent.I think Kayla Cantrell is awesome from valley ,she is the one to watch next year .I think she will set and break some records of her own at valley.
Birdlegs Wrote:laying on the floor the is not considered walking,unless you get up without dribbling,which Haley did do,she got up dribbling,and as for as calling carrying the ball they called in on both teams twice.Central just outplayed them the second half.

Haley did dribble and try to stand up and when she stopped dribbling she passed the ball...that is not a walk!
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:Laying on the floor with the ball does not mean a player walks.

It does when she tries to get up and start dribbling! like a girl did i know at least once!
Is Ratliff the only senior on Pike Central,Congrats to Central on a good game,Valley keeps ur heads up and take the experience from this game and use it come region time.
Congrats PC
This was a great win for PC! Way to go Girls, you played good ball! The defense was the best as a team I have seen all year from PC. SV couldn't take inside against AD and Kayla cause they would get it swatted away, and the guards played good out on the perimeter staying in front of the Shelby valley guards and also pickin' their pockets several times. PC's offense started out a little flat after opening the game 4-0, probably nerves after the pregame festivities, including the best Senior night I have ever been too. While standing during the ceremony for Haley Ratliff, I realized that all of us 15th region fans have been blessed to watch Haley for all these years. Haley is a special player who makes me want to stand up and scream in excitement every time she makes one of her fancy passes, gives opposing team fits cause they can't get past her without her taking the ball, or when she flips that switch on offense and anyone who has watched her know's what I am talking about. She can just turn it on at anytime if the team is in a scoring slump. I know I am just ramblin' on, but I just want everyone to recognize that if they have seen her play, then they have witnessed something really special and if they haven't then that is something that you really need to do in the next couple weeks, I promise you won't be disappointed.
this message replies 2 all-or-nothing
is that why valley pretty much got all of theiir points on free throws? seems 2 me that valley got the breaks...central had 14 team fouls and valley had 8 in the 2nd half so how did central get the breaks? :dontthink if central would have made layups and hit their field goal it would have been at least a 15 pt game.
all-or-nothing Wrote:The refs called an excellent game the first half. But, if you were there, you have to admit they let both teams beat each other to death. And, they only called one carry, I think, and it was on SV. PC carried and walked all night. The stats don't lie. Valley simply did not put the points up - that's true. BUT, if the calls had been made, it could have been slightly different - don't you think? Seriously, they pretty much let PC lay on top of Kayla Cantrell at one point and didn't call the foul. PC player laid on the floor holding the ball for what seemed like an eternity and they didn't call a walk.

But PC deserves Congratulations. They are a great team and played good ball last night. Don't take that away from them or Hayley. However, If you watched the game, you know the refs gave PC quite a few breaks. It happens on the home floor. They gave SV a couple of calls to make up for a couple of really bad ones. That happens too. But don't say we're just blaming the refs! I was amazed and happy to see this thread had not gone in that direction. Let's keep it that way.

look at winners comment and then tell me who turned the thread that way...i was just stating facts...and the facts are Centrals fould nearly doubled the ones called on Valley so by no means can you sit and complain about the officiating...talking Cantrell was held on to and pushed around may have happened but no need to complain when Central never saw the bonus till late in the fourth...
congrats PC!
I don't understand why you guys are getting so upset! I said PC was a great team, played a good game, and even congratulated them on the win. I never said they didn't deserve it!!!!! It was a really good game by the PLAYERS of both teams!!!!!!!!!!! I just have a problem with refs in the 15th region period. I wish they were more consistent - to be fair to all players. I was frustrated after the game. But hootie is right - it is not fair to blame the refs.

And I was not calling anyone out for turning the thread negative. I thought by saying that and being a Valley fan I could keep others from going in that direction. Please calm down.

To be honest, I am glad for Hayley that they won on Senior Night. That was a very special way to end the season. I just hate it that it was against my team.

Pike Central played hard and better than Valley Thursday night. So can we stop the bickering now?
Big Win PC. Congrats!