Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals release LB Simmons
WOW didnt see this one coming.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Dont understand why.....bad move here...unless they pick up some good free agents.
BurntTires Wrote:Dont understand why.....bad move here...unless they pick up some good free agents.
I didn't see it coming and neither did this worker on campus who's as big a fan as me, especially since he was the only solid run stopper (and he wasn't even that good of one).

I was thinking maybe it's so they can re-sign him for less money, but who knows.

Need a solid draft and sign some free agents
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
hopefully, the bengals can recover and go to the super bowl next yr.
who dey?
Paco07 Wrote:hopefully, the bengals can recover and go to the super bowl next yr.
who dey?

Amen, brother. They mainly need a defense (and a better line would help, but not a necessity), and Simmons was decent, so why cut him? They better draft a bunch of solid defenders and sign some from free agency. It's like they talk about how they need a new defense, but then they do things like put a franchise tag on Justin Smith, which may not turn out too bad, but then they'll also do things like not draft defenders.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
This tells me that Odell Thurman will be back. Brian Simmons was a good player for a longtime. However I thought he tended to disappear in games. I never really thought he lived up to expectations, especially after Takeo Spikes left.
Frees up about 3 million in Cap money and to be honest he was on the downside of his career. To bad because he appears tp be one of the nice guys on the Bengals.
Bengal Cat Wrote:This tells me that Odell Thurman will be back. Brian Simmons was a good player for a longtime. However I thought he tended to disappear in games. I never really thought he lived up to expectations, especially after Takeo Spikes left.

I hadn't heard if Odell had even gotten back into shape and off the Meth, but I hope so. Either way, we need to hit the draft and/or free agency hard
I'm wondering where they're going to go in the first couple rounds of the draft. I would hope it's either a stud DT or a shutdown corner, but if Odell isn't coming back I guess they could go that way as well.

Or they could always draft another RB, a la Chris Perry! Wink
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
salary cap?
More Cowbell Wrote:I'm wondering where they're going to go in the first couple rounds of the draft. I would hope it's either a stud DT or a shutdown corner, but if Odell isn't coming back I guess they could go that way as well.

The website doesn't say much about it, but I heard on TV or somewhere that he's doing well again.

We don't need any offense, besides maybe some offensive linemen, which could be picked up later in the draft. We need a shut-down corner, pass rushers (they just franchised Justin Smit, not sure why, but we could still use a few more), and a few backers to stop the run, and hopefully big Sam Adams can clog up some holes too.
More Cowbell Wrote:I'm wondering where they're going to go in the first couple rounds of the draft. I would hope it's either a stud DT or a shutdown corner, but if Odell isn't coming back I guess they could go that way as well.

After re-signing Kenny Watson I doubt they will go after a running back.
I was being sarcastic about them drafting another RB this year. I believe the Chris Perry pick was one the dumbest picks they've had in the last few years. This was right after the season when Rudi had just solidified himself as the top guy, so to waste their top pick on a guy who was going to be a backup/3rd down RB when the defense had more pressing needs, was a curious decision.

If they draft a RB in the early rounds this year, the management should all just quit.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]