Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Coach Of The Year
BelfryDad Wrote:JJ Bevins will probably be the point guard next season or at least I think she should be. Judging from the Middle School games she played this year nobody can stop this kid. She's quick off the dribble and can shoot. Look for her to be the nexy Haley Ratliff in the 15th Region. As for you PCC fans....yes, you are going to Bowling Green, but your Coach did'nt deserve to win Coach of the year. He IS a good Coach, but come on....Collins-Stiltner is more deserving. But hey, that's just my opinion. Without Haley Ratliff, PCC is.....well....sub par to say the least.
[COLOR="Navy"
[/COLOR]
deserving coach of the year?? my vote would be shelby valley..napier has been there for at least two years..long enough to BUILD HIS TEAM.
COLLINS-STILTNER was handed hers already with the great talent..and when she gets the kinks out of her coaching-- she can go to state!!!
butcher?? handed a great team and knew what to do..wasn't an easy one either...lol someone said season records don't mean nothing come tournament time ..whole new attitude with a whole lot of different pressure ...pike central handled it ...belfry didn't
waterbucket#00 Wrote:best in the region next year???
well KAYLA LOWE from pike central.. holly harris will become the play maker for the hawks. pc got alot of young talent.and also AD SLONE.if she stays (lol) AMANDA MOON...MARISSA PRUITT..also will be out in the headlines for belfry..
two teams with loaded talent.

Amanda Moon graduates this year.
congrats coach napier.
Congrats Coach Napier!!! U Totally deserve it!!!
Belfry Dad,don't want to take anything from JJ ,but I believe they would be better moving Staten to point,her natural positionwith Pruitt and Deskins on the wings and Thacker and Amy McCoy down low.Hey thats just my opinion,and the final answer will be the coaches.TongueirateSho
I like how everyone was bashing Belfrys coach and now that she beat Magoffin she is coach of the year in your eyes. Bottom line, stand behind your team and support them through good times and bad.
Great quote, hootie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you NOT like your teams coach FOREVER, And when she coaches her team to beating the topped ranked team at that time you all SEEM to LOVE her? I just think you like someone or you don't, SOME of you all never gave Amanda credit at the beginnning of the season and still talked TRASH about her.
Congrats Coach Nap.
BelfryDad Wrote:of course I might be a little biased, but I have to go with Amanda Collins-Stiltner. She had a great season for her first year and did lead her team to the Region finals before losing to a good Pike Central team. I have to say that the Ratliff girl looked very good in that game. I don't see her D 1 but she is good. Brittany Manns also looked good during the season and tournament. Shae Deskins, YOU will be the best player in the region next year!

I dont know about Deskins being the best player in the region next year. I'm not saying she WONT be, but with her and Kayla Lowe. Thats my two top opinions.
This thread is not about who will be the best player in the region next year. Take it to another one. Keep this one on topic.

Coach Napier did a great job this season at Valley, he is a very respected man by me and brings the best out in his players. I hope to see him next season take a rougher road through the regular season to better prepare is Lady Cats. His style of play that he teaches is one that I love to watch, which is the run and gun. Congrats coach Napier keep it up and continue to teach you girls great sportmanship and basketball.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Coach Napier did a great job this season at Valley, he is a very respected man by me and brings the best out in his players. I hope to see him next season take a rougher road through the regular season to better prepare is Lady Cats. His style of play that he teaches is one that I love to watch, which is the run and gun. Congrats coach Napier keep it up and continue to teach you girls great sportmanship and basketball.

I will be the first to say that when Napier made out the schedule he never thought that some of the teams in the 15th would be so weak. I don't think that the schedule was weak. Belfry, PikeCentral, Magoffin, Franklin COunty, Rose Hill, and Johnson Central is not a weak schedule. I think they needed to be in more tournments though! His team only won around 16 games last year so I don't think anyone thought that they would be as good as they were. They lost two starters and their first girl off of the bench. After loosing three players I think that he worked miracles this year.
hootie Wrote:I will be the first to say that when Napier made out the schedule he never thought that some of the teams in the 15th would be so weak. I don't think that the schedule was weak. Belfry, PikeCentral, Magoffin, Franklin COunty, Rose Hill, and Johnson Central is not a weak schedule. I think they needed to be in more tournments though! His team only won around 16 games last year so I don't think anyone thought that they would be as good as they were. They lost two starters and their first girl off of the bench. After loosing three players I think that he worked miracles this year.

I can see your argument, I also agree playing in more tournaments that the schedule would work out better.