Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Define Irony 2.0
Well, it's semi-official, sort of. As the Golden Globe Award show was airing last night Cecil B. DeMille was spinning as Oprah Winfrey, who'd just been handed the award which bears his name, all but declared her run for the Presidency in 2020. Of course what would the drama queen's platform be if not empowering women? So if anybody thinks the Dem's drive to replace sane governance with lies, laxity and licentiousness has in any way ebbed, sadly it would seem they are mistaken. Her platform? Honoring the free press and the supposed victims of sexual abuse.

The irony in all of this is while the looney left, all of whom making regular visits to get their psychiatric 'adjustments,' and whose personal life styles make even the most preposterous of their character portrayals seem grounded, are actively pursuing their scorched earth resistance against the legitimate President. Calling him psycholocially unfit for office. If fake news can't hang a fake crime on him under which he could be impeached, maybe they can hang a fake psychological diagnosis on him and declare him nuts. What the heck, the law doesn't mean very much these days and anything okay if it gets him out of office, right? Like in the soap opera genesis of their lifestyles, as long as you look good, you can get by doing anything. But speaking of the clinically insane, where Dems are concerned things look rather clear-cut because as the definition goes, they keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. Confusednicker:

Thus the question for 2020 may be boiling down to whether we want people like Oprah and Kathy Griffin and Fancy Nancy to run things, or whether we want to scrape up whatever dignity remains and do as Reagan said and 'Stay the course.' I certainly know which one I'm voting for.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What?
^^ Come on now, fess up. Who helped you with this post?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yell that off your back porch.
^^ I'm sure Oprah will appreciate your vote. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Putin appreciated yours.
4_real Wrote:Putin appreciated yours.

Try to understand this, Trump is President. He will remain President no matter how much your side lies and whines. 7 more years, then Mike Pence steps up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Try to understand this, Trump is President. He will remain President no matter how much your side lies and whines. 7 more years, then Mike Pence steps up.

Pine Mountain Grill. I’ll have the filet, loaded baked potato, salad, dessert.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Pine Mountain Grill. I’ll have the filet, loaded baked potato, salad, dessert.

I refer you back to Steven Tyler on that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:That is entertaining. Zealots who disagrees with me pointing out why they are Head Peacocks? That’s rich. Whew.

You're nothing if not in denial, I've read the posts. Do I really need to go back and re-quote them?

As rich as the clinical display of projection you put on?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have attempted to delete the last 4 posts in this thread, but I can't do it from my cell phone.

When I get back to my computer at home, I will continue.

Please stop with the personal jabs.
The extremes of both left and right have, no doubt, become louder, and have gained a larger voice. This is EQUALLY not good for this country. I no more want Oprah Winfrey as President than Donald Trump. I could vote for Condoleeza Rice, in spite of some differences. A pragmatic, centrist approach, if it is dying, must have a resurrection for the best interests of this nation.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The extremes of both left and right have, no doubt, become louder, and have gained a larger voice. This is EQUALLY not good for this country. I no more want Oprah Winfrey as President than Donald Trump. I could vote for Condoleeza Rice, in spite of some differences. A pragmatic, centrist approach, if it is dying, must have a resurrection for the best interests of this nation.

No actually I believe you may have that wrong.

The way I see it the left has been trying to terraform America for the past several decades. In following Hitller's lead (and advice), they've managed to take over most schools and nearly every college in the country in order to effectively indoctrinate successive generations since oh... about the early 1980's.

The left in their machinations and hatred for conservative values started off 'extreme' because after all, it was they who were unhappy with the American status quo. Conservatives took it all laying down until very recently when it became apparent that all the passivity and acceptance had gained them exactly nothing by way of any sort of softening of leftist contempt. In fact all the compromise has had the reverse effect, as the more ground the left has gained the more overtly they have come out of the closet.

To wit, Trump rally goers were routinely beaten, spat upon, insulted, knifed, razor bladed, hit with everything from feces to eggs, and generally intimidated and threatened to the point that protected avenues of approach had to be constructed in order to protect those who would attend. And what did the Obama DOJ do? Zilcho. A favored tactic used by the left to give themselves the cover they need under which they can commit these crimes and avoid penalty of law, is to act like extreme heathen, and then try to say those on the right are doing exactly the same thing. That's what happened to the Tea Party. Even though the entirely of the liberal machine were in a literal hunt down after Tea Partiers so that they could destroy the legitimacy of the movement, they were only able to manufacture a handful of rather innocuous incidents.

How they get by with all the deceit, is exactly how politicians of the left get by with their shenanigans and mistruth telling. A cooperative media corps does not expose them. All except for the FOX outlets that is, all of which in the left's effort to discredit, are and have been bashed and lied about 24/7.

The right have been 'branded' as being extreme, that much I grant you. But the truth of it is this, conservatives are the same regular working folks who just want to continue to live in the same orderly society they grew up in and that this nation has been known for since the days of the Founders. And, whom found themselves rather suddenly and seriously at odds with their own countrymen. Finally they are fully awake, and they have been pushed just about as far as they will passively permit. But unlike the left however, they are using their vote to fight back. But once the right did wake up, that's when all the big time brouhaha really broke loose. As long as the right was giving up ground things were okay, now that the stand is being made, the left has gotten nasty.

Dick Durban comes to mind here, and his most recent assault on the President. Voters are just going to have to decide if they want to line up with the 'resistance,' or not. The budget deadline is this Friday, but what consumes the nation's attention? A manufactured scandal by the good Senator.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]