Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
;9) Michigan State 85 Indiana 57
EAST LANSING, Mich. Sophomore guard/forward Miles Bridges scored a game-high 22 points and Nick Ward had a double-double with 18 points and 13 rebounds to lead five players in double figures as No. 9 Michigan State cruised to an 85-57 win over Indiana on the Breslin Center Friday night.

Records
• Michigan State improves to 17-3 overall and 5-2 in the Big Ten Conference, while Indiana falls to 11-8 overall and 4-3 in conference play.
Summary
• Michigan State jumped out to a 42-23 lead at the break, connecting on 50 percent of its first half field goals (14-of-28), while handing out 11 assists.
• There were two ties and four lead changes in the opening 20 minutes of the game ... Indiana took its last lead, 10-9, on a 3-pointer from Robert Johnson at the 16:13 mark of the first half.
• MSU used an 18-0 run over a span of 5:13 and took a 27-10 lead on a 3-pointer from Cassius Winston with 10:39 to play in the half.
• The Spartans took their biggest lead of the half, 39-17, on a layup from Jaren Jackson Jr. with 5:31 left in the half.
• MSU took its biggest lead of the game, 82-50, on a layup from graduate student Ben Carter with 2:31 left.
Key Stats
• Bridges scored 22 points, connecting on 9-of-13 shots from the floor, to lead five players in double figures ... Sophomore forward Nick Ward had 18 points and 13 rebounds, while McQuaid added 11 points off the bench, freshman forward Jaren Jackson Jr. added 10 points, six rebounds, three assists and three blocks, while sophomore guard Cassius Winston added 10 points, eight assists and four rebounds.
• Michigan State out-scored Indiana, 38-18, in the paint and had 17 second-chance points.
• The Spartans shot 54.2 percent from the floor (32-of-59), including 50.0 percent from 3-poinnt land (10-fo-20).
• The Spartans handed out 23 assists on 32 field goals.
Notes
• Jaren Jackson Jr. blocked three shots, giving him 65 for the season and setting a new single-season record for a freshman at Michigan State ... He is now second all-time in single season blocks at MSU,
• Miles Bridges scored at least 20 points for the fifth time this season and the 15th time in his career.
• Nick Ward had a double-double for the sixth time this season and he registered his seventh game this season with double figure rebounds.
• Cassius Winston finished with eight assists, his 12th game this season with at least seven.
Quotable
"I absolutely love this team. I don't love what they do all the time but I love this team. Sometimes I wish I didn't like them as much because it makes it harder to get on them. My assistant Mike Garland and I have been here together 90 percent of the time and we figured out that, contrary to what some people think, we know how to coach. And we know what to do and we know what it takes. You don't get old on that. It doesn't pass you by. You sometimes make adjustments because of the crazy world we live in and what I wanted when I went into this thing was more vigor, and I warned every guy, you're going to be held accountable at the nth degree." - MSU Head Coach Tom Izzo.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-bask...18aaa.html
Sparty kicks the Hoosiers around.
Loosiers suck
Always nice to see Indiana get their asses handed to them.