Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry- 65 Shelby Valley -62
no need to pump it up greatt win
jetpilot Wrote:So it's impossible to arrive at the conclusion that Belfry and SV should have been the regional final, which was my point.

Perhaps not given Belfry's record, but as "bad' as Belfry's record is, it is quite deceiving because they are pretty good. Talent wise, SV had a pretty loaded team with Potter, Worrix & Burke. Roblee, Varney & Blankenship are workhorses for Belfry.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Don’t let these idiots get to you say what you want and laugh at them

Confusednicker: I hope I made your list of idiots.
Am sure Johnson Central is tickled to death with this win. They will beat Belfry by 20+. JC got the "lucky dog" pass with their bracket.
WinkWinkler Wrote:Am sure Johnson Central is tickled to death with this win. They will beat Belfry by 20+. JC got the "lucky dog" pass with their bracket.

EASY..... JC & Belfry went to Double OT on 1/5. JC won 80-78.

Saying JC will win by 20+ is cray-cray.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
WinkWinkler Wrote:Am sure Johnson Central is tickled to death with this win. They will beat Belfry by 20+. JC got the "lucky dog" pass with their bracket.

I don't know about that....in the other thread most people said that Shelby Valley & Johnson Central had the "Best Draw"....

:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:Valley got hosed big time. Embarrassing officiating. So bad that it was impossible to tell if it was just total incompetence or deliberate. And I'm the farthest thing from a Valley fan.

No....you're just a Belfry hater, plain and simple. The officiating was no worse last night...than it was when Valley and Belfry played over at Pond Creek and we Belfry fans complained about the rooking we got...at home.

Of course...you made a big deal about it then......so the tables have turned.

One thing hasn't changed.....The Valley coach is a horse's butt.
jetpilot Wrote:So it's impossible to arrive at the conclusion that Belfry and SV should have been the regional final, which was my point.

Geez....you act like a petulant child. So the OP's opinion is not shared by you??? Doesn't make him right...or you wrong.....just different.

For once, why don't you take off your red hating glasses...

It was a big win for the Belfry Basketball Program. As you stated in an earlier thread...other than football....Belfry's sports teams have struggled.

PCN has something else to cheer about. Is that so bad?
Patriot train Wrote:Not saying it was right or wrong, but answer me this, it's okay for a coach to run out to the middle of the floor right in front of God and everyone flailing his arms like a crazy person and yelling, just because one of his players fouled, then clapped in another players face and got himself a technical? Whether or not he was yelling at his own players, the ref, or the other coach, is not the point, sounds like to me he was way out of line. He is allowed on the floor like that if a fight is about to break out or has broke out, but like you said nothing like that went on, so there was no reason for him to be their doing that. Cost his team for over reacting himself.
Just my opinion on the situation.
As for the other T's I was not their to see what or why they were called, but my guess is for unsportsmanlike conduct, such as clapping in peoples faces or saying something inappropriate. Just my guess!
Good game for both teams, Congrats to Belfry! TongueirateSho

And as for bad officiating, I believe those 3 guys were all State Tournament Officials, with one of them going back this year.

15th region officials have let the Valley coach continually storm the court all season. I've seen him all the way out to the FT line to argue a call...with no ramifications.

It was clear last night...the officials were not going to let him do that.
Gsjhe Wrote:While I do agree that these 14th region officials have had quick triggers with technicals not just tonight but they fouled Pike Centrals Kylea Stanley out with a technical in the 3rd quarter the night before when they weren't much there. I don't have a problem with the coach getting the T especially if it was for being out to far. in my opinion the 15th officials are to blame for that one cause every SV game ive been too this year they allowed him to do it on a lot of occasions. In the district championship he was on the playing floor almost at halfcourt yelling a play on one occasion. I don't agree with the one on Worrix, that one like Stanleys the night before was ridiculous. The whole clapping in each others face thing I wouldn't have personally called it especially in the postseason when emotions are going high. However that does kinda fall in like with unsportsmanlike and the refs have been encouraged to shut that stuff down. Again I don't agree with all that. But I wouldn't say they got hosed. They were in the game the whole way. if a couple more plays went their way or they made a couple shots that they shoudnt have missed could've been the difference. Belfry made a lot of offensive rebounds also and some second chance points that Shelby Valley allowed too. Im in no way a fan of either school. That's just my opinion.
I thought the 14th region refs were calling the 13th region tournament. I know for sure the 13th is working the 14th tournament. I’m pretty sure I saw our 14th region officials calling one of the girls 13th region games on WYMT highlights Tuesday.
The 15th must have swapped out with a region other than the 14th.
Motley Wrote:It's definitely a tough break for Hicks and SV, but they should be considered the preseason favorites next year returning a pretty solid team.

only if the Potter kid returns. Hearing rumors that may not be a case
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:No....you're just a Belfry hater, plain and simple. The officiating was no worse last night...than it was when Valley and Belfry played over at Pond Creek and we Belfry fans complained about the rooking we got...at home.

Of course...you made a big deal about it then......so the tables have turned.

One thing hasn't changed.....The Valley coach is a horse's butt.

I don't hate Belfry. Valley coach is a horse's butt. SV got hosed IMO. 35 free throws to 9. 4 technicals. I don't care who it is.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Geez....you act like a petulant child. So the OP's opinion is not shared by you??? Doesn't make him right...or you wrong.....just different.

For once, why don't you take off your red hating glasses...

It was a big win for the Belfry Basketball Program. As you stated in an earlier thread...other than football....Belfry's sports teams have struggled.

PCN has something else to cheer about. Is that so bad?

Again, don't hate Belfry. I only said what everyone knows. Crazy to think that SV/Belfry should have been the final. And you respond with outrage and name calling. So who's being childish?
UK Fan14 Wrote:Not that it matters much at this point but I think SV ended up with 3 T's and Belfry had 1.
The first set of T's was a double T on Potter of SV and Harris(I think) for Belfry.
Then the ref thought coach Hicks was out of box or yelling at them so they T'd him up and would not rescind it.
Worrix got the other T for saying something to the ref or the Belfry bench.
Was no thinking to it I don't think, he was almost in the circle at center court. No brainer for any one.
The 14th region coaches have been T'd up twice this week by the 13th region officials:please: for having one foot out of the box and one foot in the box and I didn't hear them complaining about it!
[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...vSTQ3oZprg]

This one is done. Two Pike county teams played their hearts out, but the game is being overshadowed by other factors. No matter how much Belfry & SV fans talk about this game, we will more than likely end up back in the same situation.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed