Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition From the Sierra Club
Got a petition from the Sierra Club today. Asking me to say NO to Trump's efforts to - Gut the EPA, - Kill the Clean Power Plan, - Expand coal mining, - Sabotage green jobs, - Poison our water, -Open public lands. :lame:

In the State of the Union Address of 2015, Barack Obama made clear what he believed to be the greatest threat faced by America. Climate change.

SPEECH EXCERPT---
"No challenge – no challenge – poses a greater threat to future generations than climate change,” Obama said in his sixth State of the Union address Tuesday night. “2014 was the planet’s warmest year on record. Now, one year doesn’t make a trend, but this does:  14 of the 15 warmest years on record have all fallen in the first 15 years of this century.”

Delivering on his repeated pledge to use his executive authority to sidestep an intransigent Congress, the president has harnessed Cabinet agencies and the bully pulpit – the so-called pen-and-phone strategy – to transform environmental issues from an oft-ignored fringe topic, one dismissed by powerful industry groups and conservative lawmakers, to the centerpiece of his second term.

Since unveiling his Climate Action Plan in an address in June 2013, he’s used the Environmental Protection Agency, Energy Department and Interior Department to introduce the first federal restrictions on carbon dioxide emissions from power plants, extend hundreds of billions of dollars in government support and loan guarantees for clean energy projects, tighten fuel standards for motor vehicles and curtail heat-trapping methane gas emissions from the oil and gas sector.
END EXCERPT
https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201...ate-change

Today's announcement of new tariffs on steel and aluminum imports was welcomed news for this nation's metals manufacturing concerns. Meanwhile back in La-La Land, climate change alarmists are writhing in agony. These guys are such ideological slaves imagining themselves the self appointed saviors of mother earth, (what a laugh) that they don't care one wit that America doesn't have industry enough to produce steel or aluminum products for her own people. Much less provide military equipment necessary to establish a viable national defense.

The Framers said the number one concern of our country is for providing a strong military defense, and that thought is further so stated as being the primary function of the federal government in the US Constitution. No matter what the 21st Century thinkers on the order of Barack Obama say about the likelihood of war; God has made the prophetic assertion that war certainly is coming. And I for one will certainly take His Word for it.

In that case, how much uranium would one reasonably suppose Russia would cede back or sell back to the US in time of war? How much steel and aluminum would China sell to the US in time of war? If not for fracking and the opening of oil rich fields for drilling, how much oil would Iran have sold the US in time of war? In October of 2013, owing to unreasonable EPA regulations, the last remaining lead smelting firm in the entire USA closed it's doors. Consider the uses for the environmentalist's lowly esteemed lead. Now that we no longer produce lead, how much lead will China sell the US in time of war? The military applications for lead are nearly endless. Everything from bullets for soldier's guns, to the batteries that start their Humvees. Lead is widely used in the ship building industry among many others, from the lead shielding for nuclear reactors to shielding for electrical cabling. Lead is used extensively as shielding material in the medical industry as well.

The point? I heard the President speak of the global ridiculousness of late, in which America voluntarily abdicated her manufacturing advantages via some very bad 'deals.' They were bad alright. But what really, was the underlying motivation for our gutting the US manufacturing community? I know what I say it is, is. The afore mentioned self-appointed saviors of mother earth are more worried about pollution than the survival of mankind. Climate alarmists are trying to engineer an earthly utopia, and in their eyes should shortages of fuels and materials cause grief even loss of life, that is acceptable collateral damage.

The irony in all of this is as follows. God made this earth replete with natural resources so that man could sustain himself. Coal, oil, timber, ores of all kinds, and yes, clean water and skies. As man's industrial prowess grew, so did his understanding about how to protect the environment. And he has to large extent, at least in this land, endeavored to be good stewards of what The Lord has provided. That's not good enough for the Chicken Little left whom cannot get enough of the natural disaster movie circuit. They know better than everybody, even to the point of denying mankind use of the natural resources given him of God, and feeling sanctimonious about it in the process. And dare I mention this yet again? There are no alternative energy forms in existence as yet to replace fossil fuels. Hello? What are we supposed to do, just lay down and conserve body heat?

Now for the irony. The world is coming to an end, and by the looks of things not long from now. Not by industrial pollution nor the greatly overwrought notion of global warming, but by the pollution of man's own heart. Idyllic pastures of the liberal imagination notwithstanding, man's aspirations will never be sated with pure babbling brooks and little wind up pollutant free cars. So as men celebrate their own abilities and understanding in turning away from Godly guidance, and in a shadow or imitation of what is to come, one of our own, AntiChrist, will prosecute an attempt to rule this world. He will fail. Immediately following the imposter, the real Prince of Peace will come. And where men throughout the ages have failed, He will certainly succeed. In fact since God is not restricted in any way by time, He has already witnessed His Son's earthly reign, and refers to that as the millennium. During that 1,000 year span, He will rule the nations with a rod of iron. And believe me, things here on the big blue marble will be glassy smooth during His reign.

But men in their natural minds assume they can do everything for themselves, and we have come to call that mindset Secular Humanism. Hence the confusion, about whether it is okay or not to use the very resources God has given us. DJT--- "Sad"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Only you could claim prophecies and the end times from a simple letter from the Sierra Club asking not to have coal destroy the environment. I don't necessarily agree with what they say always, but to somehow go from that to the end of the world seems a bit extreme in my opinion.

Not sure why you also said that are no alternative forms of energy to fossil fuels. You literally said none exist. Maybe one of these days God will convince you it's ok to step foot outside the United States and you will see that many countries have made the shift entirely from fossil fuels or are currently shifting that direction (Iceland, Norway, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark, and even China. It probably can't sustain an entire nation that consumes and wastes energy like the US, but it certainly helps and contrary to whatever world you're living in, it does exist.

This will be the only time I look at this thread. I don't argue with self proclaimed prophets. Good luck with everything though.
China????
Motley Wrote:Only you could claim prophecies and the end times from a simple letter from the Sierra Club asking not to have coal destroy the environment. I don't necessarily agree with what they say always, but to somehow go from that to the end of the world seems a bit extreme in my opinion.

Not sure why you also said that are no alternative forms of energy to fossil fuels. You literally said none exist. Maybe one of these days God will convince you it's ok to step foot outside the United States and you will see that many countries have made the shift entirely from fossil fuels or are currently shifting that direction (Iceland, Norway, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark, and even China. It probably can't sustain an entire nation that consumes and wastes energy like the US, but it certainly helps and contrary to whatever world you're living in, it does exist.

This will be the only time I look at this thread. I don't argue with self proclaimed prophets. Good luck with everything though.

That's just the point with the willfully ignorant now, is it not? To advance your argument, one must assume for starters that the use of coal, (especially given the advances in scrubber technologies) would in any way "destroy the environment." Which assumption BTW, is far more a stretch of logic than any reasonable adherence to the validity of God's Word. Theory only, suggests a correlation between man made global warming and the use of fossil fuels. I prefer to think that only the inferred correlation in that case, is the thing which is man made.

Admittedly I don't know you. Still, I would bet dollars to doughnuts that I've seen far more of this world than you have. But by way of example, take your list of countries :eyeroll: which have "shifted entirely" from fossil fuels to renewable energy. I got one word for you, hydroelectricity. A form of electrical generation which on the grand scale, was pioneered in the US BTW. In fact, hydropower plants were in wide use here in the US as early as the late 1800's. And I concede to the use of wind farms and solar energy. But in Costa Rica for example, if not for an uncharacteristically large amount of rainfall, they would not have been able to rely completely on hydro power for the 75 day record everybody is all gaga about. Six months ago they were in a severe drought and were using fossil fuels to generate electricity. Though the Chicken Little Club likes to lean heavily on hydro-electrical power to justify their stance, hydro is hardly the stuff of modern science. And the cost to use existing renewable energy forms is astronomic. It costs a whopping 33 dollars to produce a gallon of gasoline from an algae farm. While wind power is at least as expensive as coal.

Wind farms, solar, hydro, geothermal, biofuels etc. reportedly account for only 17% of the energy used in the EU. And China doesn't care if it snows straight up. Some small advances have been made in renewable energy but if you take the contribution of hydro out of the equation, the percentage is a nearly invisible 2%. That was my point. But thanks for demonstrating a predictable willingness to be deceived.

As to the end of the world. Everybody has within them the innate foreboding of what is shortly to come. Just as they have within them, the undeniable witness of the existence of God the Creator. Romans 1:18-20 (KJV)
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The Lord has revealed Himself to every man through His creation. That is not to say that many will not deny that anyway, but again, I will take His Word on that. Some things are hard to hear. Nobody wants to hear their doctor tell them they need open heart surgery, but to ignore that truth would mean certain death. Same thing with the affairs of men, eternal life and how it is acquired. Therefore, I hope that God will convince you that knowing the details of man's progression through time as outlined in the Bible, and as I occasionally like to point out on here, is not a bad thing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]