Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 82 Floyd Central 70 (15th Region)
Final
A big win for Landon "I Quit " Slone and his Tigers. The first season for Floyd Central is a big disappointing IMO.
Never been a fan of spurlock's coaching going back to his hazard days. Not sure if he had anything to do with this outcome, but this is a definite disappointing loss for Floyd.
Westside Wrote:A big win for Landon "I Quit " Slone and his Tigers. The first season for Floyd Central is a big disappointing IMO.

What's the "I quit" all about? There's certainly no quit in his team.
I bet beaver creek is regretting and reconsidering giving spurlock the job this year.. the question now is will they move on with a search for someone new or let spurlock try again... IMO they should admit they messed up and try to bring Justin Holbrook back...
Could not understand why they went away from the Conn kid. He was having his way underneath early. FC never seemed to have any kinda plan, they just played chaotic. Could've been because Paintsville was shooting lights out but if I were coaching that team, and I'm not, but if I were.....no one without the last name Tackett or Conn would've been jacking up shots. Once again.....Summer Ball means nothing!!!
JH not getting the job is resonating throughout the region. Plenty of people are taliking about this team and the up and down season. They played a strong schedule, but didn't improve very much from beginning to end. One player tried to take over the game, but looked very exhausted and shots were short or erratic. If you press, you can't give up lay-up after lay-up. Someone has to protect the basket and make the opponent stop and pass or take a charge. Neither happened. Good luck to remaining teams in the boys and girls tournament.
The Future looks Great at Paintsville!!!
t4p3r8 Wrote:What's the "I quit" all about? There's certainly no quit in his team.

Wondering what the "I quit" means as well.
It's a dirty shame they didn't give Justin Holbrook the head coaching job. The reason the didnt is because of Floyd county politics. A lot of people don't know this but Doug Hall got Henry Webb to hire Kevin Spurlock because Kevin's wife works in Doug's office. Simple as that.
Could a rivalry be developing between the Tigers and Jags. The Tigers took out the Jags volleyball team in the regional championship and the Tigers basketball team beat them twice and ended their inaugural season. Just wondering.
VoR_58 Wrote:It's a dirty shame they didn't give Justin Holbrook the head coaching job. The reason the didnt is because of Floyd county politics. A lot of people don't know this but Doug Hall got Henry Webb to hire Kevin Spurlock because Kevin's wife works in Doug's office. Simple as that.

I guess we learn something new everyday... JH wouldve delivered a region to FC this year I have no doubt in that
I dont understand the game plan or lack there of? I know Paintsville shot the lights out, a crazy 3 point %.. I don't mean this to discredit their win. They played a great game and congrats to them..
I just don't understand FC not taking more advantage of size and bottom post.. They out rebounded Paintsville, why not take more of that on the offensive end?
Fantastic win for one of the youngest teams in the region in Paintsville. It’s going to be a fun couple of years for the Tigers. I really thought they would struggle their first time playing in the regional tournament against a senior dominated team but they played amazing.

Really really disappointing first year for the Jags. It was basically going to Rupp or bust from the beginning of the season. Just never seemed like things gelled right for the team. It will be an interesting offseason to see if Spurlock stays or goes. He has jumped around in the past and Floyd Central can’t be pleased with a first round lose in the region with the senior talent they had.
I don’t know much about Spurlock but I do know in 2012/13 season he was at Perry and had Beverly and Johnson on the same team and could win a Region title so I don’t know why your surprised about this year
Justin Holbrook and all of left beaver got screwed by their former hero Henry Webb. That team was BORN to player raider ball run and gun and beat people down. Spurlock tried to man handle them into his style and this is the result.
Landon slone did a great job in game planning and his tigers really play for him.
Also Kobe Fugate is a stud that kid is gonna be a FORCE
I've never been a fan of Spurlock either. A better choice definitely could have been made in my opinion. I hate this early loss for Tackett. Every time I've seen him play, he has been a hustler and a leader on the court. He has been one of my favorite players to watch.

Hats off to Paintsville on the win. I knew watching them last year that they would be a top contender this year. It looks like they are gonna be lethal for a few more years too. Congrats on your win boys.
Explorer Wrote:Wondering what the "I quit" means as well.

I guess it's about taking some kind of cheap shot and not explaining why.
Im sick of Spurlock getting all the blame. Makes me sick. Since when has Allen Cental and big bad South Floyd won anything in basketball? Its not like you combined Hazard and Perry Central. Its more like combining Buckhorn and Riverside. Its gonna take Spurlock some time to tame those wild horses. Yeah all they have done is run and gun and lose in the past. Maybe its time they learned some Xs and Os along with some disciplined play. As for him losing with Beverly and Johnson, well remember the names Justice, Hall, and the other 3 or 4 other players KCC had that were good? Thats why Spurlock lost. Give the guy a break, Coach Cal couldnt done any better or nobody else at this first year school.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Im sick of Spurlock getting all the blame. Makes me sick. Since when has Allen Cental and big bad South Floyd won anything in basketball? Its not like you combined Hazard and Perry Central. Its more like combining Buckhorn and Riverside. Its gonna take Spurlock some time to tame those wild horses. Yeah all they have done is run and gun and lose in the past. Maybe its time they learned some Xs and Os along with some disciplined play. As for him losing with Beverly and Johnson, well remember the names Justice, Hall, and the other 3 or 4 other players KCC had that were good? Thats why Spurlock lost. Give the guy a break, Coach Cal couldnt done any better or nobody else at this first year school.

Wow. This must be spurlock.
Explorer Wrote:Wondering what the "I quit" means as well.

I wondered that too. The only thing I could think of was maybe referring to his college basketball days. Regardless, hats off to him and the Tigers for a very impressive victory.
It's not about taming wild horses. A great coach doesn't make players play his way a great coach adjusts to his players and sets game plan according to what kind of team he has..some years you may have run n gun some may have a slower pace but as coach YOUR the one who makes adjustments.. just like if YOUR defense is getting destroyed you AS A COACH must make a in game ADJUSTMENT to change that defense and figure out the best situation to put your team in to WIN...
Congrats Paintsville
Easy Wind Wrote:Wow. This must be spurlock.

It’s ether him or his best friend in the whole world lol
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Im sick of Spurlock getting all the blame. Makes me sick. Since when has Allen Cental and big bad South Floyd won anything in basketball? Its not like you combined Hazard and Perry Central. Its more like combining Buckhorn and Riverside. Its gonna take Spurlock some time to tame those wild horses. Yeah all they have done is run and gun and lose in the past. Maybe its time they learned some Xs and Os along with some disciplined play. As for him losing with Beverly and Johnson, well remember the names Justice, Hall, and the other 3 or 4 other players KCC had that were good? Thats why Spurlock lost. Give the guy a break, Coach Cal couldnt done any better or nobody else at this first year school.

The talent was there and the stats prove it.
clipperw Wrote:I wondered that too. The only thing I could think of was maybe referring to his college basketball days. Regardless, hats off to him and the Tigers for a very impressive victory.

To lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure he played for Billy G at UK. Couldn't blame anyone for not wanting to play for that guy.
I'm not going to sit here and say that Justin Holbrook is a bad coach, because that simply isn't true. I am going to say however, who did Justin really beat that he shouldn't have? I can think of one, that's it. Magoffin in the region. That's one of the main factors I look at when I look at coaching. Either way, he would have produced a far more productive season than Spurlock ever could.
Spurlock didn't beat anyone he shouldn't have either
Ball25 Wrote:Spurlock didn't beat anyone he shouldn't have either

But he lost to teams he shouldn't have
Exactly