Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tillerson Out
President Donald Trump said Tuesday he is removing Rex Tillerson as secretary of state after a rocky tenure, nominating CIA Director Mike Pompeo in his place.

"Mike Pompeo, Director of the CIA, will become our new Secretary of State. He will do a fantastic job!" Trump tweeted Tuesday. "Thank you to Rex Tillerson for his service! Gina Haspel will become the new Director of the CIA, and the first woman so chosen. Congratulations to all!"
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/1...ate-458353

Never felt that Tillerson would have been the right man to lead the US into the Trump era or any other. In fact, his name was first dropped as being a good Secretary nominee by Condoleezza Rice of all people. Now, I never bought into the charge made by Dems that W Bush was in bed with big oil. That fact does not preclude his being acquainted with the folks who run in those circles though. And it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to think that though extremely gifted in international dealings, Tillerson, himself a globalist on the order of W and others, would have seen himself as a check on the intentions of President Trump. Therefore, after sort of receiving his pep talk in the huddle, I can see coach Bush sending Big 'T' into the game with a swat on the backside.

Thus his departure gives me no pause. As to the resultant shuffle of personnel, I believe that in some cases women in government have been very adept. I also believe however, that some women in government are completely goofy and the best example I can think of in point is Hillary Clinton. According to her, it was 'just time' for a female president. Such soap opera sentiment notwithstanding as a qualification for the Oval Office, she was wrong for the job. Gina Haspel on the other hand might just be okay, if not what the doctor ordered, as Director of the CIA. Time will tell. Saying all of that, I still do not understand why John Bolton would not have been a shoo-in for Secretary of State, leaving Pompeo at the CIA at least until questions of deepstate bias have been alleviated in the minds of the people.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, and here all this time I thought he was dead.
Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]