Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50th District
Williamsburg beats South today 4-1.
Corbin was in a close one until Whitley choked it away in the end and Corbin pulled away 12-4.
How would you rank the district and how do you think they finish up the year ranked?
plenty of pop in the bat for the 50th for sure. If you enjoy the long ball, come watch these kids----Rains-WC, Taylor & Estep- Corbin, Harrison & Brown- Burg & Ramey- South Laurel
Williamsburg beats South in 2nd game 17-13, Whitley goes down to the Hounds again 5-4
These 4 teams are all in the top 8 of the region easily.
Only 2 can advance though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see south get the 4 seed this year. First time that will of happened since they've been in the 50th
Corbin: 4-0
Beat Whitley 12-4, 5-4.
Beat Williamsburg 13-3, 14-2.

Whitley: 2-2
Beat South 12-2, 2-0
Lost to Corbin 4-12, 4-5

Williamsburg: 2-2
Beat South Laurel 4-1, 17-13
Lost to Corbin 3-13, 2-14.

South Laurel: 0-4
Lost to Whitley 0-2, 2-12
Lost to Williamsburg 1-4, 13-17

Looks like SL, Corbin and then Whitley williamsburg play May 1st and 2nd.

Believe the district is basically locked up with Corbin with the 1, South with the 4, and then Whitley and Williamsburg interchangeable. It’s had to have been awhile since SL has been a 4 seed.
Corbin 1 seed
Whitley Co. 2 seed, doesn’t matter two or three will play each other first round of district.
Williamsburg 3 seed
South 4 seed, unless they can beat Corbin this coming week..
Corbin - Whitley in district final
Could this be the year the Colonels gets over the hump and wins district..
Bobcat4years Wrote:Corbin 1 seed
Whitley Co. 2 seed, doesn’t matter two or three will play each other first round of district.
Williamsburg 3 seed
South 4 seed, unless they can beat Corbin this coming week..
Corbin - Whitley in district final
Could this be the year the Colonels gets over the hump and wins district..

Wouldn’t pencil them in over Williamsburg just yet, no matter what happens this week. Not until they show they can win in pressure situations
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Corbin: 4-0
Beat Whitley 12-4, 5-4.
Beat Williamsburg 13-3, 14-2.

Whitley: 2-2
Beat South 12-2, 2-0
Lost to Corbin 4-12, 4-5

Williamsburg: 2-2
Beat South Laurel 4-1, 17-13
Lost to Corbin 3-13, 2-14.

South Laurel: 0-4
Lost to Whitley 0-2, 2-12
Lost to Williamsburg 1-4, 13-17

Looks like SL, Corbin and then Whitley williamsburg play May 1st and 2nd.

Believe the district is basically locked up with Corbin with the 1, South with the 4, and then Whitley and Williamsburg interchangeable. It’s had to have been awhile since SL has been a 4 seed.

I know it's the first time since they've been in the 13th
The thing is it’s not inconceivable that South could beat Corbin in elimination game in district with Ramey on the mound.
Van Hagar Wrote:The thing is it’s not inconceivable that South could beat Corbin in elimination game in district with Ramey on the mound.

That would be funny.
Wburg will definitely pitch their best against whitley
If I was Williamsburg I pitch off both games, save Camo for tournament. The games this week don’t matter
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:If I was Williamsburg I pitch off both games, save Camo for tournament. The games this week don’t matter

This is what I would do as well, wouldn't let them see him until the district.
Van Hagar Wrote:The thing is it’s not inconceivable that South could beat Corbin in elimination game in district with Ramey on the mound.

I wouldn't want to face South Laurel in an elimination game if I'm Corbin. Smith will have South Laurel playing well by the end of the season and it wouldn't surprise me to see them make it to the region tournament.
Last night Corbin beat South at home 11-5.
Whitley beat Williamsburg on the road 6-5.
It's a good year in the 50th with any 4 teams can compete with one another. I felt like it could turn out this way and it's showing. Corbin seems to be edging away from the other 3 but, South had Corbin down yesterday for 3 innings and Williamsburg had Whitley on the ropes for 6 innings yesterday. Whitley played Corbin tight @ home, but ended up having a bad last half of the game and got away from them. My point is it seems pretty close amongst all 4 this year and makes it for a better for the District
Corbin wins 12-2 in 5 innings over SL.
Whitley wins 14-2 in 5 innings over Williamsburg
Colonels! Colonels! Colonels!
baller1989 Wrote:It's a good year in the 50th with any 4 teams can compete with one another. I felt like it could turn out this way and it's showing. Corbin seems to be edging away from the other 3 but, South had Corbin down yesterday for 3 innings and Williamsburg had Whitley on the ropes for 6 innings yesterday. Whitley played Corbin tight @ home, but ended up having a bad last half of the game and got away from them. My point is it seems pretty close amongst all 4 this year and makes it for a better for the District

The first game in district will be dangerous for all teams because you're more than likely going to see each team's ace. I think all 4 teams have proven their bats can be shut down when facing good pitching.
Corbin vs Whitley Co in 50th district final..
Where is the district played at this year?
Bobcat4years Wrote:Corbin vs Whitley Co in 50th district final..
Where is the district played at this year?

Whitley