Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Founders
As I have mentioned on here before, the writings of the Founders reveal their concerns for the well being and longevity of the American government. Therefore in view of the fact that they actually risked their own lives to see their dreams of true freedom for all Americans realized, it is my opinion that each one anguished mightily where it came to establishing our founding documents.

With that in mind consider the state of affairs of present day. Under this elected government, America has enjoyed an array of tremendous success. In my mind, nothing this President has said, past-present or hopefully future, has or will give the citizens of this land the slightest reason to be suspicious of his love of country or his intentions to govern from a traditionally conservative slant. Enter the US media corps.

Without getting into the vast litany of derogatory ravings and conjecture laden tripe that has been published about the President, his family, or those of his administration, let's just say that the body of work produced by said media about his campaign and his noteworthy efforts to be a good president have been in a word, traitorous. Further, the intent of every effort by the media has been only to undermine or subvert a legitimately elected President. And working closely with the disloyal opposition they have in my view, conspired to thwart the efforts of this administration on every possible front, to include blocking every single nominee that the Congress must confirm.

The lunacy as outlined above, has such long tentacles that even our enemies use the US press corps to their own advantage. Listening to the US news for these guys has been job one. Because the daily treasure trove of dirty laundry and the open aired exposure of the workings of our country's government by those of American blood who oppose same, are published using every imaginable detail to make their case. Nothing is held back. And for the intelligence agencies of the afore mentioned enemies? The last decade has provided a once in history field day, as that which roughly 2 million American soldiers died to protect we now cannot seem to compromise, expose for all to see outright, or otherwise give away fast enough.

If the Founders could see today's ridiculousness IMO, they would be both astonished and devastated. The Founders had come from the oppressive regimes of Europe. The pressures exerted by government on the daily lives of the common folk of that day were enormously grievous. Thus the great clear mindedness of those who created our way of life and who had their sensitivities to that end hammered out on the anvil of social oppression. But for liberal/progressives incredibly, that once in history gift of equality hasn't been good enough. Marxist overtones now permeate every walk of American life, as the 'fair-share' view has nearly succeeded in washing away the sacrifices that the Founders and successive patriots paid for in such dear terms. Ben Franklin--- "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic."

Somehow I believe the sage and clear lucidity of the Founders, which gave them their trial-by-fire vision for the greatness of this land, also afforded them a justifiable foreboding of the forces which according to those hard lessons they had learned so well, were surely to come against that which they loved so much. The land of the free. Which though dreamed about for time immemorial, as far as I know this country is the lone example where the concept of a life lived freely actually happened. Much less enumerated as a constitutional guarantee. The Founders knew and understood the forces and dangers ahead, and worded the Constitution with great care. Thus today's desperate attempts by some to redefine it.

Hence the bittersweet reality that with the clear mindedness necessary to form this government, also came the foreboding of the destructive forces which would certainly come to test us. And as those twin peaks of understanding gripped the Founders, and after realizing against all odds that the magnitude of their unthinkable quest for freedom, was only exceeded by their incredible success, they were understandably awestruck. Thus with reverence they reminded themselves often that surely the hand of God had been upon them.

Feb. 13—The great American patriot Benjamin Franklin was asked, upon his emergence from the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia in 1787, what form of government the United States was going to have. Franklin answered succinctly, "A Republic, if you can keep it.".

Will we vote to 'keep it'? Or will we vote for the promise of instant (though likely hollow) gratification as offered by the left?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Might I suggest they also had seen the oppressive abuses of puritanical religion? the tyranny of the majority? the perils of unjust courts and lynch mob vigilanteism? Plus, the Founders allowed slavery to stand, and kept women to chattel status as well. It is only when “liberty and justice for all” means ALL that our Founder’s words and vision reach highest common denominator.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
Might I suggest they also had seen the oppressive abuses of puritanical religion? the tyranny of the majority? the perils of unjust courts and lynch mob vigilanteism? Plus, the Founders allowed slavery to stand, and kept women to chattel status as well. It is only when “liberty and justice for all” means ALL that our Founder’s words and vision reach highest common denominator.

^^Unsellable blather. But might I ask yet again, where do you find the words, highest common denominator, in the founding docs? Cause I must have missed that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:<Edited>
The Founders knew and understood the forces and dangers ahead, and worded the Constitution with great care. Thus today's desperate attempts by some to redefine it.

And right on cue Demagero demonstrates the point to perfection...

Priceless :hilarious:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You are referring to the bondage of the Scotch/Irish? Right?
Bob Seger Wrote:You are referring to the bondage of the Scotch/Irish? Right?

Ah, here is excellent foppery. Let us explore that great champion of human freedom T. Jefferson. “Come into my chamber,”said the progenitor of born-as-slaves children. Bob, there are times, Sir, and you may not be of white supremacist ilk, but on screen? You wear the uniform.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Ah, here is excellent foppery. Let us explore that great champion of human freedom T. Jefferson. “Come into my chamber,”said the progenitor of born-as-slaves children. Bob, there are times, Sir, and you may not be of white supremacist ilk, but on screen? You wear the uniform.

So, in racist form you deny your concern for the bondage that the Scotch/Irish endured that was just as bad as what the Africans endured?

Are you a full stock racist, Geraldo?....You enjoyed seeing the Anglo-Saxon have to endure the bondage, the murdering and the beatings?

Or, you just don't care, because it destroys the premise of your narrative of race baiting.

I'll bet anything that you designed that uniform of hatred and bigotry that you speak of, only dyed in another color..
Bob Seger Wrote:So, in racist form you deny your concern for the bondage that the Scotch/Irish endured that was just as bad as what the Africans endured?

Are you a full stock racist, Geraldo?....You enjoyed seeing the Anglo-Saxon have to endure the bondage, the murdering and the beatings?

Or, you just don't care, because it destroys the premise of your narrative of race baiting.

I'll bet anything that you designed that uniform of hatred and bigotry that you speak of, only dyed in another color..

Bob, did T Jefferson have Scotch/ Irish concubines? You have, of course, introduced a red herring. In fact, I bet you smell like fish. Funny, fresh fish is often wrapped in newspaper, which can be fashioned into a cap.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Bob, did T Jefferson have Scotch/ Irish concubines? You have, of course, introduced a red herring. In fact, I bet you smell like fish. Funny, fresh fish is often wrapped in newspaper, which can be fashioned into a cap.

Did the same people that enslaved the Afrikan, also enslave the Anglo-Saxon? They sure did.

Were the Afikans not rounded up and sold to slave traders by their own rival tribes of Afrikans? They sure were.

You race baiters always fail to mention all of the facts, but always remember to not mention that slavery is not a racial issue..It just doesn't fit your narrative.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Bob, did T Jefferson have Scotch/ Irish concubines? You have, of course, introduced a red herring. In fact, I bet you smell like fish. Funny, fresh fish is often wrapped in newspaper, which can be fashioned into a cap.
Do I detect another duck, dive, and detour of another question..

Having a real bad night tonight, aren't you, The Urban Bigot ?
Bob Seger Wrote:Do I detect another duck, dive, and detour of another question..

Having a real bad night tonight, aren't you, The Urban Bigot ?

I am enjoying this immensely, Bob. Watching you spin the manure yarn. Smells like fish. Been grilling herring?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I am enjoying this immensely, Bob. Watching you spin the manure yarn. Smells like fish. Been grilling herring?

I'm kinda enjoying watching you get made out a fool, too.
Bob Seger Wrote:I'm kinda enjoying watching you get made out a fool, too.

Ah, Bob, in the Echo Chamber, you toadies are legends in your own minds. But, in a life of harship and earthly toil, there’s a need for anything that frees us, so grin your dark heart out.
Answer the questions, fool.
Bob Seger Wrote:Answer the questions, fool.

Ask one without the smell of fish, oh thou logically challenged flaw master.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Ask one without the smell of fish, oh thou logically challenged flaw master.

All of mine have been legit...You just aint man enough to own up to the answers..

Of course a man who worships a coward has the tendency to become what one worships.
Bob Seger Wrote:All of mine have been legit...You just aint man enough to own up to the answers..

Of course a man who worships a coward has the tendency to become what one worships.

See Bob run. Seen it, Bob. You need a new schtick.
You are a blooming idiot.
Bob Seger Wrote:You are a blooming idiot.

Ah, desperation
Ah projection.

Anybody can go back to any thread you've had part and see your shtick. In your posts you've attacked every poster, and every conservative, and every Republican discussing or being discussed. And it's really that simple. And in those mischaracterized revisionist rants, you've slammed everybody at the personal level from the founders, to Antonin Scalia, to the Lord Himself.

Meanwhile in your posts, you've yet to attack any poster, or any liberal, or any Democrat to include Hillary Rodham Clinton. The daily revelations for whom BTW, have recently revealed the fact that 84 million US tax dollars were 'laundered' at her direction and diverted to her Presidential campaign. That's illegal BTW and unlike your usual gossip mongering, has the notable distinction of being evidential.

In short where your comments are concerned, owing to the fact you source absolutely nothing, we are therefore left with nothing. Nothing but continual spates of liberal monkey puke. Thus every thread in which you become involved, goes straight into the ditch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree TRT. Off topic and straight into the ditch.
Granny Bear Wrote:I agree TRT. Off topic and straight into the ditch.

EVERY single time. He doesn't like what's being said but he can't really refute it with facts, (hence no sourcing) so he turns the thread into insult time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Ah projection.

Anybody can go back to any thread you've had part and see your shtick. In your posts you've attacked every poster, and every conservative, and every Republican discussing or being discussed. And it's really that simple. And in those mischaracterized revisionist rants, you've slammed everybody at the personal level from the founders, to Antonin Scalia, to the Lord Himself.

Meanwhile in your posts, you've yet to attack any poster, or any liberal, or any Democrat to include Hillary Rodham Clinton. The daily revelations for whom BTW, have recently revealed the fact that 84 million US tax dollars were 'laundered' at her direction and diverted to her Presidential campaign. That's illegal BTW and unlike your usual gossip mongering, has the notable distinction of being evidential.

In short where your comments are concerned, owing to the fact you source absolutely nothing, we are therefore left with nothing. Nothing but continual spates of liberal monkey puke. Thus every thread in which you become involved, goes straight into the ditch.

Note: I have said the Clintons think rules are for other people. I have said that infidelity is neither blue nor red. Thus, mischaracterization. Again. And Granny? Eh, never mind.

The invitation stands, Simple Simon. Join me.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Note: I have said the Clintons think rules are for other people. I have said that infidelity is neither blue nor red. Thus, mischaracterization. Again. And Granny? Eh, never mind.

The invitation stands, Simple Simon. Join me.

And right on cue there you go attacking Granny Bear. It’s absolutely all (besides a terminal case of monkey puke breath) you got.

But no thanks, I got a low threshold for stupidity and an aversion to the septic tank. You go on without me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:And right on cue there you go attacking Granny Bear. It’s absolutely all (besides a terminal case of money puke breath) you got.

But no thanks, I got a low threshold for stupidity and an aversion to the septic tank. You go on without me.

How convenient. Whatever keeps that peacockian trajectory.

I said “never mind.” That’s an attack?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:How convenient. Whatever keeps that peacockian trajectory.

I said “never mind.” That’s an attack?

Admittedly your remark failed to stoop to the example of your past lows. But the point needed to be linked to the previous post as unlike you, I tend to string my thoughts together to develop an idea rather than the fragmented foaming at the mouth of your custom. At any rate you, who did not serve your country in any fashion whatever, did attack the Founders. In a word, LIBERAL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Admittedly your remark failed to stoop to the example of your past lows. But the point needed to be linked to the previous post as unlike you, I tend to string my thoughts together to develop an idea rather than the fragmented foaming at the mouth of your custom. At any rate you, who did not serve your country in any fashion whatever, did attack the Founders. In a word, LIBERAL.

“Hey, house slave girl, come into my chamber.” That’s not an attack. That’s a spot on parody of several of our Founders. Criticism is not “fake news.” I would have thought, TRT, that the transparent assessment of our beginnings, minus colonialist blather, would have suited you, as our Christian understanding divests any and all human beings from “glow in the dark” moral grandeur.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:“Hey, house slave girl, come into my chamber.” That’s not an attack. That’s a spot on parody of several of our Founders. Criticism is not “fake news.” I would have thought, TRT, that the transparent assessment of our beginnings, minus colonialist blather, would have suited you, as our Christian understanding divests any and all human beings from “glow in the dark” moral grandeur.

Oh no, that is just another judge, jury and executioner-liberal, justifying in his mind why he and his fellow libs have the moral privilege to redefine and revise the Constitution. Since the Founders lives were fraught with vice and moral lapses, that has to mean that their life's work must be equally flawed. Right? Therefore the pinnacle of their life's work, which is the US Constitution and other founding documents, are all flawed too and subject therefore, to be 'tweaked' according to the evolved sensitivities of today's liberal.

There is however, one small problem. That is other than the fact that the majority of US citizens both now and across time do not agree with you. I will grant you it's true though, the day is coming when liberals will finally get their chance to run everything. But then's when that small problem kicks in. You'll only have a few years to celebrate your own greatness before Antichrist drops the hammer. Enjoy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Freedom of speech, of press, of religion, equality, plurality, etc. These are great principles. If there are those who disdain the Constitution and seek to erode those, then they are anathema.

Perhaps, TRT, your appcalyptic language is better suited to jihadist web sites. You married your faith and your politics, bestowing upon the G.O.P. some sort of “glow in the dark” moral grandeur, hitching that to a handful of Supreme Court cases.

Your cocksure peacockery notwithstanding, if a majority of southerners think black folks don’t belong at the University of Alabama, or Mississippi, that only proves there is way more to right and wrong than a show of hands.

By the way, are you denying that several Founders had extramarital relations with their slaves? Also, are you a member of Mar Lago?
> Freedom of speech, of press, of religion, equality, plurality, etc. These are great principles. If there are those who disdain the Constitution and seek to erode those, then they are anathema .

> Perhaps, TRT, your appcalyptic language is better suited to jihadist web sites. You married your faith and your politics, bestowing upon the G.O.P. some sort of “glow in the dark” moral grandeur, hitching that to a handful of Supreme Court cases.

> Your cocksure peacockery notwithstanding, if a majority of southerners think black folks don’t belong at the University of Alabama, or Mississippi, that only proves there is way more to right and wrong than a show of hands.

> By the way, are you denying that several Founders had extramarital relations with their slaves? Also, are you a member of Mar Lago?

> Still having trouble in properly using those big words in a sentence I see. Like I said, wait until I use a word in a sentence and then you can copy it. That just works better. But you spend too much time arguing to change the Constitution for this to be a true statement of your [attachment=o3722] FEE---LINGS

> Truth hurts doesn't it? All anybody has to do to understand how goofy you are is read that one paragraph.

> You mean a show of hands as in "Hands up don't shoot?" :please:

> All men are flawed there Demagero. But in the foregoing procession of denials and slams you have demonstrated my point perfectly. There is nobody a liberal will not attack because after all, the lies and distortions which make up you guy's DNC inspired laundry list of complaints and false charges will only carry you so far in a debate. You can't source lies and innuendo they make up on CNN, so out comes the causticism and what follows is always septic tank fodder.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]