Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toddlers and parents separated
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:You do get that mimicry is not always copying, right? And when done with intent is not plagiarism? Nor is it flattery.

Now, to return to immigration: these United States, full of cheese dip lusting folks, who love their fruit picked cheap, their construction projects at low bid, their meat processed inexpensively...well, we have to decide where to bow: money (old wallet and purse politics), or nationalistic exceptionalism, or some sort of reform that recognizes the true realities of the 21st century.

Tell you what, let's let the ones who actually work stay then. But let's send the ones perpetually on public assistance back home. I mean they had to submit an address to get their checks sent, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Tell you what, let's let the ones who actually work stay then. But let's send the ones perpetually on public assistance back home. I mean they had to submit an address to get their checks sent, right?

You know what, TRT? In the main, I agree. I also agree that any votes cast by non US citizens is fraud.
⬆️
Maybe better than a wall, calculate the cost of educating, feeding, etc. those in this country illegally and send home countries a bill.
Like they would pay it!

I also agree, the votes casted by illegals are fraud.
Granny Bear Wrote:Like they would pay it!

I also agree, the votes casted by illegals are fraud.

Right^^. It would be completely unreasonable to expect any kind of good faith payment or to suggest those prone to illegal immigration would suddenly behave. The wall is a must and Paul Ryan’s willful failure to fund same has ended his unremarkable political career.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Doesn’t Mexico have a wall on their border with Guatemala? At least a partial one?

The need for a consistent, humane, logical system of immigration is not mutually exclusive to viewing and treating human beings, no matter ethnicity or nationality, with decency and respect. It is not necessary to demonize people to justify a responsible immigration policy.
Then go to the proper and legal means of immigrating into this country, like entering at the proper entrance ports into the country.

Why must they go through an illegal process Chris, instead of entering elsewhere at illegal locations?

If everything was on the up and up with these people they should be willing and glad to do so, if indeed their dream is to come into this country for a better life.
Bob Seger Wrote:Then go to the proper and legal means of immigrating into this country, like entering at the proper entrance ports into the country.

Why must they go through an illegal process Chris, instead of entering elsewhere at illegal locations?

If everything was on the up and up with these people they should be willing and glad to do so, if indeed their dream is to come into this country for a better life.

The point is moot. DJT will prevail and hopefully RINOs will hit the trail.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Then go to the proper and legal means of immigrating into this country, like entering at the proper entrance ports into the country.

Who knows what they’ve been told by those who would exploit them? But, I agree in the main with you and TRT. It’s just that an awful lot of these folks just look tired and poor.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Who knows what they’ve been told by those who would exploit them? But, I agree in the main with you and TRT. It’s just that an awful lot of these folks just look tired and poor.

So if I go rob a bank I should get by with it if I look tired or if I am in the company of a minor? Libs always like to dub a successful defensive legal strategy. How about the Statue of Liberty plea?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:So if I go rob a bank I should get by with it if I look tired or if I am in the company of a minor? Libs always like to dub a successful defensive legal strategy. How about the Statue of Liberty plea?

No: our immigration policy has to be enforced. But, we also have to admit a lot of industries make use of illegal immigrants. They are part of our economy. I would agree that we have to turn back folks and deport folks, but I would hope it would be done without demonizing people or acting like poor Hondurans and Mexicans are some kind of national threat.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:No: our immigration policy has to be enforced. But, we also have to admit a lot of industries make use of illegal immigrants. They are part of our economy. I would agree that we have to turn back folks and deport folks, but I would hope it would be done without demonizing people or acting like poor Hondurans and Mexicans are some kind of national threat.
MS13 and similar gangs are a national threat to this country and their ranks are not filled with native born, English-speaking American children and young adults. Where do you think they come from?
^^ They come from the same place tons of drugs do. Hundreds of thousands of tons, valued at 750 billion dollars annually. The resultant carnage of which totals at least an additional half trillion and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The problem is much worse now, but back as far as 2013 over 24 million Americans from the age of 12 years and up were hard core users. Democrats and RINO's the likes of Paul Ryan who has almost single handedly denied American's the border wall they voted for, have been lying their heads off about the illegal immigration problem this country faces.

We need the wall our president promised, the cost of which BTW is a paltry 10 billion by comparison. Again, and I know I beat this horse to death. The voter must rise up again this fall and give the President a better majority to work with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:MS13 and similar gangs are a national threat to this country and their ranks are not filled with native born, English-speaking American children and young adults. Where do you think they come from?

“Native-born, English-speaking Americans” pose a national threat. Not all, or even a majority, but enough. I’m not demonizing Mexicans or Hondurans. It’s not necessary. The United States should enforce a responsible, humane, contemporary immigration policy. I agree with President Trump on that. I am not going to use the rhetoric of xenophobia, nor entertain its spirit. Period.
TheRealThing Wrote:^^ They come from the same place tons of drugs do. Hundreds of thousands of tons, valued at 750 billion dollars annually. The resultant carnage of which totals at least an additional half trillion and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The problem is much worse now, but back as far as 2013 over 24 million Americans from the age of 12 years and up were hard core users. Democrats and RINO's the likes of Paul Ryan who has almost single handedly denied American's the border wall they voted for, have been lying their heads off about the illegal immigration problem this country faces.

We need the wall our president promised, the cost of which BTW is a paltry 10 billion by comparison. Again, and I know I beat this horse to death. The voter must rise up again this fall and give the President a better majority to work with.

While I’m not sold on the wall, I do distinctly remember candidate Trump guaranteeing that Mexico would pay for it at most every rally.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:“Native-born, English-speaking Americans” pose a national threat. Not all, or even a majority, but enough. I’m not demonizing Mexicans or Hondurans. It’s not necessary. The United States should enforce a responsible, humane, contemporary immigration policy. I agree with President Trump on that. I am not going to use the rhetoric of xenophobia, nor entertain its spirit. Period.

While I appreciate what seems to be your willingness to be reasonable about illegal immigration, you're still willing to leapfrog right over the obvious. Drugs, human trafficking, gang migration and the very real and statistically demonstrable crime wave attributable to the criminals here in this country illegally. As well as the tremendous strain on the American taxpayer.

And let's at least try to be a little bit honest about the politician's role in all of this. They encourage illegal immigration and they coddle illegal immigrants to the point where they even protect said criminals from being rightfully prosecuted for crimes. Often ordering police departments to release undocumented illegals being held in custody for the serious offenses they have committed. Sanctuary cities have sprung up everywhere on the taxpayer dime, and now we're looking at the specter of sanctuary states. The following is the list of states, cities and counties which ignore the law and hold all Americans hostage, as they use local and federal tax dollars to advance and finance the rebellion.

Sanctuary Cities List

States

California
Colorado
Illinois
Massachusetts
New Mexico
Oregon
Vermont

Cities and Counties

California

Alameda County
Berkley
Contra Costa County
Los Angeles County
Los Angeles
Monterey County
Napa County
Oakland
Riverside County
Sacramento County
San Bernardino County
San Diego County

San Francisco
San Francisco County
San Mateo County
Santa Ana
Santa Clara County
Santa Cruz County
Sonoma County
Watsonville

Colorado

Arapahoe County
Aurora
Boulder County
Denver
Denver County
Garfield County
Grand County
Jefferson County
Larimer County
Mesa County
Pitkin County
Pueblo County
Routt County
San Miguel County
Weld County

Connecticut

East Haven
Hartford

Florida

Alachua County
Clay County

Georgia

Clayton County
DeKalb County

Iowa

Benton County
Cass County
Franklin County
Fremont County
Greene County
Ida County
Iowa City
Iowa City, Johnson County
Jefferson County
Marion County
Monona County
Montgomery County
Pottawattamie County
Sioux County

Illinois

Chicago
Cook County

Kansas

Butler County
Harvey County

Louisiana

New Orleans

Massachusetts

Amherst
Boston
Cambridge
Concord
Lawrence
Newton
Northhampton
Somerville

Maryland

Baltimore
Montgomery County
Prince George's County

[COLOR="blue"]

[/COLOR]

Hennepin County

Mississippi

Jackson

Nebraska

Hall County
Sarpy County

New Jersey

Middlesex County
Newark
Ocean County
Union County

New Mexico

Bernalillo County
New Mexico County Jails
San Miguel

Nevada

Washoe County
[COLOR="blue"]
New York[/COLOR]

Albany
Franklin County
Ithaca
Nassau County
New York City
Omondaga County
St. Lawrence County
Wayne County

Oregon

Baker County
Clackamas County
Clatsop County
Coos County
Crook County
Curry County
Deschutes County
Douglas County
Gilliam County
Grant County
Hood River County
Jackson County
Jefferson County
Josephine County
Lane Countyn
Lincoln County
Linn County
Malheur County
Marion County
Marlon County
Multnomah County
Polk County
Sherman County
Springfield
Tillamok County
Umatilla County
Union County
Wallowa County
Wasco County
Washington County
Wheeler County
Yamhill County
[COLOR="blue"]
Pennsylvania[/COLOR]

Bradford County
Bucks County
Butler County
Chester County
Clarion County
Delaware County
Eerie County
Franklin County
Lebanon County
Lehigh County
Lycoming County
Montgomery County
Montour County
Perry County
Philadelphia
Pike County
Westmoreland County

Rhode Island

Providence, Rhode Island
Rhode Island Department of Corrections

Virginia

Arlington County
Chesterfield County
Fairfax County

Vermont

Burlington
Montpelier
Winooski
[COLOR="blue"]
Washington[/COLOR]

Chelan County
Clallam County
Clark County
Cowlitz County
Franklin County
Jefferson County
King County
Kitsap County
Pierce County
San Juan County
Skagit County
Snohomish County
Spokane County
Seattle
Thurston County
Walla Walla County
Wallowa County
Whatcom County
Yakima County
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
A quick glance at this list, while exceptions, suggests many are places where migrants are a vital part of the workforce and overall economy. We have to recognize and accept this fact as part of the immigration equation.

“It’s not personal; it’s business.”
We might wish that Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala did not have so many people seeking to come North for economic and security reasons. However, a nation has to control the flow of immigrants for many reasons. It’s not personal or xenophobic to have a strong, humane, contemporary immigration policy. It’s necessary. And, I think you are correct, TRT, we all have to embrace this reality and enforce across the board.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
A quick glance at this list, while exceptions, suggests many are places where migrants are a vital part of the workforce and overall economy. We have to recognize and accept this fact as part of the immigration equation.

“It’s not personal; it’s business.”
We might wish that Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala did not have so many people seeking to come North for economic and security reasons. However, a nation has to control the flow of immigrants for many reasons. It’s not personal or xenophobic to have a strong, humane, contemporary immigration policy. It’s necessary. And, I think you are correct, TRT, we all have to embrace this reality and enforce across the board.

Right, other than to agree that there are exceptions on the list, but I don't embrace the reality at all. I and every other taxpayer are being steamrolled by that reality though. If you saw "Annihilation" you saw an alien evolutionary force at work trying to change every lifeform on earth, turning them into something unrecognizable. Whether one can personally see the danger posed by illegal immigration gone nuclear or not, does not change the dynamic of such an overwhelming sociological agent. I do not accept the left's unsubstantiated premise behind all the immigration madness which states that the mindless forfeiture of our sovereignty is a good thing. .
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Are you comparing Mexicans working in meat packing plants, picking fruits and vegetables, hanging drywall, etc. to the invading force in ANNIHILATION? If so, this kind of hyperbolic rhetoric is exactly the kind of speaking that sends up xenophobic radar. Any contemporary immigration policy MUST deal with the fact that many US industries depend upon immigrant labor, primarily illegal immigrant labor.
Are you comparing Mexicans working in meat packing plants, picking fruits and vegetables, hanging drywall, etc. to the invading force in ANNIHILATION? If so, this kind of hyperbolic rhetoric is exactly the kind of speaking that sends up xenophobic radar. Any contemporary immigration policy MUST deal with the fact that many US industries depend upon immigrant labor, primarily illegal immigrant labor.

Détente passing us by? I said it clearly enough. The factual number of illegals here associated with the insurgency from the south is more than 25 million. And that number increases by 9 to 12 THOUSAND each and every day. Yes, our culture is being annihilated. Beside the fact that the whole border insurgency is by law and definition illegal, are the obvious other unacceptable side effects to include the singular reality that we as a people cannot endure the financial pressure. I already said we should allow those who are the working self sufficient and law abiding to stay. I have no problem with that. But once any one here illegally falls into the hands of law enforcement because of committing some felony they ought to be out. Not ushered under the power of some high ranking political official, and on the taxpayer dime, to a sanctuary.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Well said, in the main.

A strong, humane, across-the-board enforced, contemporary immigration policy is an absolute necessity for the United States.
Well said, in the main.

A strong, humane, across-the-board enforced, contemporary immigration policy is an absolute necessity for the United States.

Stipulated. Further, said across-the-board enforcement should never be polluted, compromised and or mitigated to gain a political edge. As that is an undeniable infringement on the people of this land.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Stipulated. Further, said across-the-board enforcement should never be polluted, compromised and or mitigated to gain a political edge. As that is an undeniable infringement on the people of this land.

If the approach is more “it’s not personal, it’s absolute necessity,” I would think such an immigration policy could gain 60/40 traction amongst voters.