Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoptown @ Paducah Tilghman 9/14
Hopkinsville is 1-3 with a win over Caldwell Co. and a close loss to Christian Co. and blowout loss to Mayfield. Paducah Tilghman is 2-1 with a loss to Mayfield. Tilghman has a decent running attack but a suspect defense and should put 31 on the board and hold Hoptown to under 21. If PT is forced to throw, or Hoptown decides to throw, all bets are off.
PT by 16
PT is actually 3-1, not 2-1.. IMO, they're going to make some noise in 3a and should be right behind the Top 5 in there class.. Hoptown is another team that is better than there record indicates.. No disgrace in losing to S.Warren, Mayfield and Christian Co. and they do have a quality win over a good Caldwell Co team.. This will be a good measuring stick for both teams.. I think PT may be a little more talented overall and I love there RBs.. I say PT wins this one by a couple of scores.. PT 35 Hop'Town 20
Tilghman 28-7
Paducah Tilghman :popcorn:
If Hoptown keeps it close or wins it would signal that they are still in the running in 4A without Bland. If PT dominates like some predict then Hoptown is done. Hoptown does have some good athletes if they can find ways to get them the ball in space. They also have some size up front, so possibly they will be able to slow down PT's run game.
Not sure hoptown can recover, after losing their qb.. he was very good an made their team click.. I have to agree with ghost on this one.. Pt will run away we with this game by the 3rd..
PT does not appear to be posting stats this year. May be a strategic decision. But going through game summaries in the paper, looks like in four games they have amassed at least 1,430 yards rushing and while completing 5- 6 passes. Those are not official and may not be complete.

That rushing total would easily place PT atop the KHSAA 3A team rushing stats. But, having a one dimensional attack creates opportunities for an opposing defense that can minimize the rush as was evidenced at Mayfield.

If PT could effectively throw the ball just a little and improve their pass defense, they could cause some furrowed brows later in the year.
PT - 30
Hoptown - 13
Paducah Tilghman 28
Hopkinsville 24
I think PT will win it.
I thought Hoptown was a better defensive team than PT, atleast against us anyway. The Hoptown QB that is out was good at times and terrible others when passing. PT is not really aware of the thing called the forward pass. I think this could be a barn burner
I think this ends up being another defensive game like last season. PT pulls away late, something like 23-7
PT big
PT appears to be headed in the right direction this year.
killbilly usmc Wrote:PT big
A tornado is about to touch down !