Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the last 12 standing
Glory Days Wrote:Johnson Central has a good team, but a big part of the reason they have looked so dominant is the East in 4A is weak. There are several teams from lower classes that would be playing for a state title against that competition.

IMHO, Johnson Central and Corbin are pretty comparable this year.

You can argue if that means they are pretty comparable near the top or the near middle... but either way I would say a game between the two would be a toss-up and if I had to predict I would give Corbin the slimmest of edges.

Their road hasnt been a gauntlet by any means, but with that said Johnson Central has won the way you would hope.
sluggo Wrote:I watched one CALs games online last night and do now believe they're not as good as I once thought. And do believe Mayfield will beat them Saturday. So maybe I do have them too high. As far as Mayfield goes I strongly believe they are better than everyone outside of CovCath and Male. Their offense is ridiculous. And for Corbin you will see Friday why they are so low when Centrals defense absolutely manhandles them. They barely mustered up 21 points on Mayfield's mediocre defense. And that's with Mayfield's offense striking quick and often, meaning Corbin got plenty of possessions. Central is a little bit more of a grinding team therefore you won't have as much time of possession. On another note, Scott County and JC are not beating Mayfield by running the ball 50 times a game I promise.

Well once again I respect your opinion, but people let one bad game influence their decision about Corbin and that’s fine. But everyone even MF knows their were some outside events that took place for that game. MF would have probably still won because they came to play and they’re a solid team. Even their defense, who you claim is mediocre. But no one has “man handled” Corbin and central sure won’t. We haven’t been shut down offensively all year. But we have shut others down A LOT. But I respect your opinion on it, people have doubted us all year and we see where we are now. We also beat a better central team last year at their place, but oh well. That’s why we play the game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:IMHO, Johnson Central and Corbin are pretty comparable this year.

You can argue if that means they are pretty comparable near the top or the near middle... but either way I would say a game between the two would be a toss-up and if I had to predict I would give Corbin the slimmest of edges.

Their road hasnt been a gauntlet by any means, but with that said Johnson Central has won the way you would hope.

Man a game between central and corbin would be a great one! It would be really close to call for me to. But with my red tinted glasses and our ability to stop the run games of teams, I’d give us a slight edge. Although JCs run game is on another level. I think we’d slow it, not stop it at all. I mentioned in another thread, we have a versatile team. We can play a lot of different ways and have succeeded doing them all this year, and that would help us too against them. But I honestly don’t tbink their is a clear winner in that matchup. If JC could pass just a little better I’d give it to them. But either way I’d love to see these two teams at it. But it won’t happen. Years to come with different teams though.....
Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:You must have created this personality when you ran out of medicine.
Glory Days Wrote:Johnson Central has a good team, but a big part of the reason they have looked so dominant is the East in 4A is weak. There are several teams from lower classes that would be playing for a state title against that competition.

Spoken like a true jealous rival. You must be a Paintsville fan. Let me ask you this are you a life long Paintsville fan or are you one of their new move in fans? I’m guessing you're actually a native Floyd Countain who now drinks the Tiger Kool Aid.
I could actually see your point if JC were just barely squeaking by the teams that’s been in their playoff path but they are winning by an overwhelming margin. Many felt like this was the best Ashland team in 20 years and they slapped us around like we were nothing.
I’m also getting tired of the 4A is weak jargon that’s being posted by a few on here. Where was the weak class talk before cross bracketing made 3A actually interesting again? Before cross bracketing was implemented in 3A, Belfry’s annual playoff gauntlet usually included Bath or Jackson County in the first round. Pike Central or Lawrence County in the second and third round and then Russell in the state semis. It’s no wonder they struggled with Central all those years in the finals because they went an entire month in the playoffs without playing anyone. If someone would have posted how weak 3A in the east was during that time frame they would’ve rioted in Matewan and Williamson.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Spoken like a true jealous rival. You must be a Paintsville fan. Let me ask you this are you a life long Paintsville fan or are you one of their new move in fans? I’m guessing you're actually a native Floyd Countain who now drinks the Tiger Kool Aid.
I could actually see your point if JC were just barely squeaking by the teams that’s been in their playoff path but they are winning by an overwhelming margin. Many felt like this was the best Ashland team in 20 years and they slapped us around like we were nothing.
I’m also getting tired of the 4A is weak jargon that’s being posted by a few on here. Where was the weak class talk before cross bracketing made 3A actually interesting again? Before cross bracketing was implemented in 3A, Belfry’s annual playoff gauntlet usually included Bath or Jackson County in the first round. Pike Central or Lawrence County in the second and third round and then Russell in the state semis. It’s no wonder they struggled with Central all those years in the finals because they went an entire month in the playoffs without playing anyone. If someone would have posted how weak 3A in the east was during that time frame they would’ve rioted in Matewan and Williamson.

It was a fairly weak route but that’s not their fault and except for 2010 they always competed and had a chance to win late in the 4th or won the whole thing. I think anyone would take the success Belfry has had even with a relatively easy path some years.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Spoken like a true jealous rival. You must be a Paintsville fan. Let me ask you this are you a life long Paintsville fan or are you one of their new move in fans? I’m guessing you're actually a native Floyd Countain who now drinks the Tiger Kool Aid.

Sounds like I may have struck a nerve. lol Im guessing you actually have no clue what you're talking about. It is simply my opinion. No reason to get all pissy because someone's opinion differs from yours.

I think Pikeville would be right where JC is this year if Pikeville played in 4A and JC wasn’t in 4A. So if that makes 4A weak then own it. It doesn’t take anything away from JC. Good luck Eagles.
pjdoug Wrote:You must have created this personality when you ran out of medicine.
Confusednicker: