Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 12 Pikeville 1 (6 Innings)
SV pounded out 12 hits, and Gina Hall hit another monster shot over the green house to start the rout. Ashleigh Stanley not only got the win, but she pitched a no-hitter. The only two Pikeville baserunners to reach base did so in the 3rd or 4th inning on back-to-back errors and their run scored on a misplayed pickoff at 2nd. However, 8th grader Brooke Coleman (1 error) redeemed herself by shooting Sarah Davis down at third for a 6-3-5 double play. Kayla Cantrell and Caitlyn Case were 3 of 4 at the plate and SV's offensive execution was superb! Great Job Lady BatKats!!!:notworthy
Nice job and good luck the rest of the season!
Way to go girls, ER tried to get Pikeville pumped with the little present they sent them but that didn't get to you all, now go and get ER back tomorrow night and bring home the district title!
shocked me to death. I knew SV wouldnt go down without a fight but 12-1 in 6 innings? are you kidding me? Pikeville couldnt get the bat on the ball to save their school. It was 2-1,almost turning point and the 3rd baseman pushed Sarah Davis off 3rd base and Garris called her out. I got in trouble with my airhorn for blowing it during SV's swings. Anyways good luck to the batkats against ER.
Great game BatKats! Napier and the BatKats pull out the win once again. Anyone who knows softball and knows Nape, should never count them out. I don't know who was more devastated lastnight Pikeville or ER. The BatKats hit the field with confidence and even after an ugly inning of errors and an unearned Pikeville run they came back to the plate ready to put the game away. Looking forward to tonight's game and the regional tournament.
As expected, the BatKats rolled on last night... one correction to the original post, though - Case was 3 for 3 (4th appearance was a sac-fly, doesn't count as an at-bat) and Cantrell was 3 for 4, but the 4th one was reached on a error and that scored a run if my memory serves me. Great job ladies - you make us proud!