Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne and their competition in 07'
I am a big supporter with betsy layne football, I was just curious on how the teams are looking so far this summer. How is the numbers of teams like Pikeville, Paintsville, South Floyd, Phelps, and Allen Central?

I think the bobcats will make school history and be the first team in school history to go to the playoffs....
Coach B, you're probably going to be in here so, I heard you was leaving, can u clarify this for all of us?
I have also heard that Coach B was headed to Phelps along with assistant Coach "Red" Parsons. I heard that Phelps had afforded Parsons a Special Ed teaching job if he came with coach Branham.
Let's just say...... I want to make some history!!!!! Money is not everything!
I agree coach parsons does need a teaching job to feed his kid, but I think he will be a bobcat, to make some history.
Man, BF... we think alot alike. That scares me. Parsons does need a job to take care of that big boy. I'd like to keep him with me, that kid has potential when he gets older. I hope he gets his athleticism from him mother. LOL
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:I agree coach parsons does need a teaching job to feed his kid, but I think he will be a bobcat, to make some history.
CoachB Wrote:Let's just say...... I want to make some history!!!!! Money is not everything!

Buddy son, I'll give you props on that decision. I really believe now, AND SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE, that Coach B is set on a goal and he will accomplish it. The community should be hitting on all cylinders come game time, good luck coach, take it to 'em.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Thanks BC75, it's funny how people try to throw a wrinkle into things when they are going great. I appreciate the support for all of the Bobcat faithful!!!
BC75 Wrote:Buddy son, I'll give you props on that decision. I really believe now, AND SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE, that Coach B is set on a goal and he will accomplish it. The community should be hitting on all cylinders come game time, good luck coach, take it to 'em.
come on guys, i put this post to see how teams are doing in the district also, so whats the numbers look like for some of the bobcats competition
BC75

are you working to much at lowes to give us some info about your former team
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:BC75

are you working to much at lowes to give us some info about your former team

I pretty much left that team when I was finished. I was playing last fall so i didn't make it to too many games. I really can't tell you much. Just they have Bobby Hughes back at qb for his third year at the reins. A few other skill players and maybe a couple linemen that haven't saw a lot of playing time.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Best of luck next year
how many kids does allen central or south floyd have out right now?
CoachB, Are you doing any passing leagues, or what is your practice schedule, I wouldnt mind checking out a practice.
We are going to do some 7 on 7 in July after the dead period. Both of my QB's are in basketball camps. Our plans are to get in some more weight training after basketball cools down. We will probably do some passing the week of July 9. I'll keep you guys posted.
PittFan Wrote:CoachB, Are you doing any passing leagues, or what is your practice schedule, I wouldnt mind checking out a practice.
So your not doing anything for July????
Yes, the last week in June and first week in July is the mandated dead period. On July 9, we are going to start putying everything together with the offense and defense. We have two scrimmages scheduled in August AND WE ARE PLANNING ON DOING SOME PASSING LEAGUE STUFF IN jULY AS WELL.
Sorry CoachB...typ there....i was asking about June...you basically told me what u was doing for july...sorry tho
I have nine or ten kids going to individual camps in June and seven or eight(?) that are playing basketball and over half of the team is working at summer jobs to help make ends meet at home. These kids have busted their butts since December, so I am giving them some time off. The weight room is going to be open two or three days a week to allow those who want to lift the opportunity to do so. We will go full tilt in July. I hope this answers your questions. I have been around programs that burned out their kids without this time off and this gives them some free time to go on vacation and stuff. I GUARANTEE that you will see a major difference in the Bobcats this year.
Coach B I heard Coach Jarrell was not going to be around for next year's season. Any truth to that? Heard he wasn't going to be at the Elementary as well????
Well, Paintsville is looking very good suprisingly. We have about 25-30 kids showing up for 7 on 7 practice so go figure...
I don't know about the grade school. I haven't heard from him, and didn't see him at weight lifting, so I don't see him being part of our program.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Coach B I heard Coach Jarrell was not going to be around for next year's season. Any truth to that? Heard he wasn't going to be at the Elementary as well????
OK Thanks